Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

3 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

I'm trying to figure this out. Outside of Pryor (which is a nice signing, would have been great if it was a 3 year deal) what have we done that is to love?

1 yr 3 year doesn't really matter with pryor imho. If he does what I think he is going to do we will be in the franchise and tag situation or LTD situation next year. I'll be the first to admit that my scenario hinges on a happy and PRODUCTIVE cousins staying

4 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

1 yr 3 year doesn't really matter with pryor imho. If he does what I think he is going to do we will be in the franchise and tag situation or LTD situation next year. I'll be the first to admit that my scenario hinges on a happy and PRODUCTIVE cousins staying

I was more looking at the other 3 signings. Two of which, I think we overpaid for guys that are at best, depth in a position we need a lot of help with starters.

7 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

I'm trying to figure this out. Outside of Pryor (which is a nice signing, would have been great if it was a 3 year deal) what have we done that is to love?

Swearinger and Mcclain can play. They are not big huge names but I think most fans will love what they see on the field from those guys. MANY think Mcclain was the best DL on Dallas last year. I dont know a whole lot about Mcgee. And I cant really find any film to watch. But obviously Alex Santos saw something he liked or he wouldnt be here.

3 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

I was more looking at the other 3 signings. Two of which, I think we overpaid for guys that are at best, depth in a position we need a lot of help with starters.

Yeah I Can't argue with you there but only hope for the best. Maybe but some of the best DTs out there were ridiculously overpriced like campbell or maybe they were scared off from our unfortunate instability :(

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Swearinger and Mcclain can play. They are not big huge names but I think most fans will love what they see on the field from those guys. MANY think Mcclain was the best DL on Dallas last year. I dont know a whole lot about Mcgee. And I cant really find any film to watch. But obviously Alex Santos saw something he liked or he wouldnt be here.

Swearinger is a ok pickup, but from what I understand is not a great fit at FA, he's more of a SS. But, wasn't Cravens moving there? And then McClain.....Ok, he has one good year, after a carrier of doing absolutely nothing? Nope, not remotely impressed.

1 minute ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Yeah I Can't argue with you there but only hope for the best. Maybe but some of the best DTs out there were ridiculously overpriced like campbell or maybe they were scared off from our unfortunate instability :(

Campbell is really the only big name DL to sign so far. They are still out there for the taking. Honestly I hope we dont do a monster contract for one of those guys. Get Poe on a one year deal and continue to build through the draft.

1 minute ago, Morneblade said:

Swearinger is a ok pickup, but from what I understand is not a great fit at FA, he's more of a SS. But, wasn't Cravens moving there? And then McClain.....Ok, he has one good year, after a carrier of doing absolutely nothing? Nope, not remotely impressed.

All good my man. That what this board is for. We can have differences of opinion and still love the same team!

2 minutes ago, thebeermonkey said:

Pryor is a band aid. Total placebo. They need to sort the QB position now. Either sign him or trade him.

I don't see how pryor is a band aid or a placebo? There are tons of teams who would be happy to have him audition on such a contract.

As for Cousins I agree 100000%

1 minute ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I don't see how pryor is a band aid or a placebo? There are tons of teams who would be happy to have him audition on such a contract.

As for Cousins I agree 100000%

He's on a  one year deal so he's going to have to play another year with a quarterback he won't be playing with the following year. No incentive fro the QB to work with him. I wouldn't have a problem with a three year deal but they're kicking the can down the street here.

Its amazing how miserable some on here are, and it's the same people over and over.

This is a great signing and knowing he has the guts to play on a 1-year deal tells me he is hungry and ready to destroy.  If Docston is healthy we are a better offense this year than last. 

We've never had a Redskins WR this dynamic, 6-4 and runs a 4.38, forgetaboutit!

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

All good my man. That what this board is for. We can have differences of opinion and still love the same team!

Certainly! But, while I understand liking a couple things, I still don't see the love. Now, we get hit on a stud DT and ILB in the coming days, I will agree with you. But we have a ways to go for "love".

4 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Its amazing how miserable some on here are, and it's the same people over and over.

This is a great signing and knowing he has the guts to play on a 1-year deal tells me he is hungry and ready to destroy.  If Docston is healthy we are a better offense this year than last. 

We've never had a Redskins WR this dynamic, 6-4 and runs a 4.38, forgetaboutit!

There is an ignore feature on here. It really helps get rid of the "miserables" And I agree with you on Pryor.

4 minutes ago, thebeermonkey said:

He's on a  one year deal so he's going to have to play another year with a quarterback he won't be playing with the following year. No incentive fro the QB to work with him. I wouldn't have a problem with a three year deal but they're kicking the can down the street here.

If he he blows up that big and we don't have a reason to keep him becausr we have no qb franchise or transition tag him. Still worth it.  He may fall off or blow out his knee also you know

Just now, XxSpearheadxX said:

If he he blows up that big and we don't have a reason to keep him becausr we have no qb franchise or transition tag him. Still worth it.  He may fall off or blow out his knee also you know

It's the sign of a team with no plan. Just stick a band aid on and hope for the best. Same with the D line. Mediocrity there.

Just now, thebeermonkey said:

It's the sign of a team with no plan. Just stick a band aid on and hope for the best. Same with the D line. Mediocrity there.

Or it's a good contract since they can apply a franchise tag or transition tag in 2018 and work on a LTD or get compensation or match an offer if he blows up and has a career year.

Archived