Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

1 minute ago, MattFancy said:

Sounded like Pryor only wanted in a 1 year deal in hopes of showing everyone last year wasn't just a fluke. He basically is betting on himself to have an even bigger year. I'll take a hungry Pryor here for sure.

Watching him and Norman in camp will be fun.

First positive post in 4 days.  How do you like that?

Good deal. I'd have preferred longer term deal of course, as I think Pryor is the real deal, but I'll take him for 1 year. I can understand him not wanting to commit to being here longer with the uncertainty at the QB position.

Doctson, Pryor, Crowder, Reed and Davis is still a hell of a receiver corps for Cousins to throw to. And significantly cheaper then last year. Now lets keep shoring up the D.

I don't understand why people are upset about the Pryor 1 year deal. He's really only had 1 full year as a receiver. Let's see him put together another good year before we sign him to something longer. I'm perfectly fine with 1 year right now.

7 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

Like the Pryor deal. Good, cheap prove it type deal. He'll be a good fit in the offense and if Doctson is healthy, I don't think we've lost much from last season.

If and it's still a big IF at this point, they sign Cousins long-term, all hope may not be lost for this team despite all the McCloughan drama.

If it works out.. then that may be the tallest group of wide receivers we've ever had! Crowder would be the only smurf.

7 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I don't understand why people are upset about the Pryor 1 year deal. He's really only had 1 full year as a receiver. Let's see him put together another good year before we sign him to something longer. I'm perfectly fine with 1 year right now.

Probably because fans like myself  have been waiting for a good QB since we were born and we screwed up by doing the same thing with Cousins. Players will continue to take this one year deals if contracts keep skyrocketing.

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Cheap Bruce does open the checkbook when he likes.  He paid Norman and DJax.

We heard the same thing for cousins and that had yet to happen. Also we lose value by doing that. I don't understand why we sign top of the league level players coming off great seasons like Pryor and cousins to prove it deals and sign rotational injury prone scrubs to long term deals. 

19 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

The Browns spent 16 million to get a 2nd round pick and nothing else...people praised them.....

we spent 8 million and got a top WR and if he leaves; we'll get a 3rd round compensatory pick.

I like our deal better.

Incorrect. The Browns took a cap hit which will let them hit the cap floor for a 2nd round pick. No cash out of pocket 

Pryors interview on the official site now, said he spent time on his visit here with Gruden and Hilliard looking over things he needs to work and improve on. Sounded pretty cool.

1 minute ago, bobandweave said:

Keep thinking another signing is coming, this is addicting. So where we at cap wise now? 

I'd guess between 15-20 mil

Archived