Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

19 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

The die is cast. Unless Kirks Camp flat out denies that blurb about Allen, then one of them has to go now. Can't have the QB dissing the Prez. Let's see how bad Dan screws this one up lol.

The president wins that one.

1 hour ago, Cliffmark1 said:

Talking about Pryor dude.  He fits Danny's idea of a QB to a T.  You said "Kirk," I didn't. 

That comment wasn't directed at you. I was talking about those above my post in the Kirk convo.

My post that was directed at you came right after that:

"Being that he left without a deal, I'll make that assumption."

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

Did you forget that Julio Jones was just in the Superbowl? 

Did they win? How many times has he been to the Superbowl? How many rings does Calvin Johnson have? Larry Fitzgerald? Terrell Owens? AJ Green?

How many rings have the Patriots won with guys like Amendola?

Edit to include Andre Johnson who I combined with Larry Fitzgerald, lol.

3 hours ago, nonniey said:

I said they care about performance on the field which includes both tape and stats.  Baker was ranked by just about everyone an order of magnitude higher than either of our new DTs due to performance and yet Allen paid each of them more than what Baker received. Stop being such a homer - Allen is screwing this up and screwing this up big time.

Here's what I don't get.  Even if the evaluation says that Baker was equal or slightly worse than these other 2 linemen, Baker is a great locker room guy.  That stuff is important.  Allen had to do something along the lines of keeping some of the team leaders.  He has done completely the opposite.

1 minute ago, kingarthur65 said:

Here's what I don't get.  Even if the evaluation says that Baker was equal or slightly worse than these other 2 linemen, Baker is a great locker room guy.  That stuff is important.  Allen had to do something along the lines of keeping some of the team leaders.  He has done completely the opposite.

I dont know about the great leader thing with Swaggy. He was pretty outspoken against Barry last year during the season. That is kind of a death nail to be honest.

3 minutes ago, kingarthur65 said:

For me it goes back to when he was caught on the sidelines yelling at Barry. Even if the coach sucks you cannot scream at him on the sideline in the middle of the game like he is some kind of jerk. You just cant do that. Totally disrespectful.

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I hope so.   Funny that there is a protest albeit small one I hear at Redskins Park while Pryor is visiting this morning.   ...

Ironically, the protest may make visiting free agents less likely to sign here. Seemingly the guy we want most, was here during the joke of a protest.

Protest Mission fail.

It's funny, I am not even mad with who we have signed. I am okay with letting Baker go as we got two guys who are younger, I like swearinger at safety been a fan of him for a while. Liked resigning Davis.

A perfect ending to the offseason would be signing Hankins, Pryor, and Brown, firing Allen, and having Kirk sign a LTD, while heading into the draft.

At the point in the dream we could afford to draft a Fournette or another RB with our 1st (but even if you didn't we would be in a position of really being able to go best available).

3 minutes ago, fordranger76 said:

For me it goes back to when he was caught on the sidelines yelling at Barry. Even if the coach sucks you cannot scream at him on the sideline in the middle of the game like he is some kind of jerk. You just cant do that. Totally disrespectful.

There's a lot of truth to that.  I think the players respected him because he was outspoken.  His competitiveness got the better of him, but you're right.. he shouldn't have yelled at Barry.  Even though Barry didn't know what he was doing and deserved it.  

Kirk can scream at whomever he wants. He's the team captain, and if our bummy ass coordinators aren't doing their jobs and cost us games, he has every right to check them. The day Kirk fails to take responsibility for his own shortcomings and mistakes, while simultaneously blaming others for theirs, is the day he's crossed the line.

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

But I think when they were all on the field, the presence of all of them made it easy for each of them to do their job.  Take two of 'em away and don't replace them adequately, it probably gets a tad more difficult for Reed and Crowder.

Yes, of course. I just mean to say that as much as I like those two guys I don't think they will be hard to replace. As I type that it does sound strange when referring to two 1,000 guys but I'm sticking with it.

18 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I think anybody that visits here and signs without taking some time to think it over is crazy.  I dont blame Pryor one bit for playing it cautious.

What he saw scared this **** out of him, and now he's probably begging the Browns to re-sign him :silly:

Archived