Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

1 minute ago, Pick6 said:

I think the problem with a trade is Kirk has to agree to a LTD with the new team. It isn't worth it to a team to trade a pick for a one year rental. This isn't the NHL.

Pryor would have been nice.

Any trade deal for Kirk will be a 'sign and trade'.

Trade Kirk.  He doesn't want to be here.  I don't really care what we get for him at this point as long as its not lower than what our comp pick would be in 2019 from letting him walk next offseason.  I'm sure the Browns would be willing to trade for him for a few mid-round picks.  They have the cap space to franchise him again next year.

Allow Sudfield to start to see what you have there.  Either he is horrifically bad and we go 0-16, or he proves to be a promising QB and we don't have to use a 1st on a QB next year.  Win-win.

Of course, this will never happen, because Bruce is in love with Colt for some unfathomable reason, and we will either trade Kirk and be stuck at 5-11 without knowing what we have in Sudfield and having to give up significant picks to move up to draft the best QB.  Or we will rent Kirk for the season, watch him leave, and not know what we have in Sudfield and not be in a position to draft the best QB in the draft.

2 minutes ago, Pick6 said:

I think the problem with a trade is Kirk has to agree to a LTD with the new team. It isn't worth it to a team to trade a pick for a one year rental. This isn't the NHL.

You underestimate the Browns. They made a NBA style money for pick trade....so let's do a NHL 1 year rental deal today!

6 hours ago, SlkyCaramel said:

If the Skins are focused on the 2018 draft and all of the QB's there then TRADE KIRK. 

The problem is, what is his value to the 49ers now with Brian Hoyer, Matt Barkley AND them reportedly drafting a QB this year? 

Can we trade him to the Browns? They have a ton of picks. 

I don't mean this sarcastically but I really am growing to admire the people that shrug off Kirk as just another transaction and on to the next move -- especially in the context of all that's going on. That's some serious fortitude.  :)  For me I've had two main beefs with this franchise that I think symbolized this team stinking for more of two decades plus -- lack of having a real personnel guy running the team and no franchise QB.  Now we just dumped the personnel guy and everything is pointing to lets let Bruce run it from now on.  Then, we dump Kirk, too.  Wow.  To me they are on the brink of a black hole, trading Kirk to me means they have just dove deep into that black hole.  

If this team is now about Colt McCoy.  I'll say this, I'll stop whining about the Giants, Eagles leapfrogging over us.  I'll see that as an absolute given that we are back to being the doormat of the NFC East.  

Not fussed about Pryor. Wouldn't mind getting him, but paying WR's is not a good use of resources. WR's don't win championships. We need more fat boys and some backers, maybe another db. Wouldn't mind seeing them pay Poe or get Logan in here for a good deal. Would also like to see them look at guard and replace/cut Lavaou

1 minute ago, Birdlives said:

Not fussed about Pryor. Wouldn't mind getting him, but paying WR's is not a good use of resources. WR's don't win championships. We need more fat boys and some backers, maybe another db. Wouldn't mind seeing them pay Poe or get Logan in here for a good deal. Would also like to see them look at guard and replace/cut Lavaou

you're assuming Danny wouldn't want him to be his shiny new toy at QB.  

Just now, Birdlives said:

***checks the thread title***

this ain't the Kirk thread guys. 

Being that he left without a deal, I'll make that assumption.

Talking about Pryor dude.  He fits Danny's idea of a QB to a T.  You said "Kirk," I didn't. 

3 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

You underestimate the Browns. They made a NBA style money for pick trade....so let's do a NHL 1 year rental deal today!

Hahaha good point! They also have a MLB GM now.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't mean this sarcastically but I really am growing to admire the people that shrug off Kirk as just another transaction and on to the next move -- especially in the context of all that's going on. That's some serious fortitude.  :)  For me I've had two main beefs with this franchise that I think symbolized this team stinking for more of two decades plus -- lack of having a real personnel guy running the team and no franchise QB.  Now we just dumped the personnel guy and everything is pointing to lets let Bruce run it from now on.  Then, we dump Kirk, too.  Wow.  Too me they are on the brink of a black hole, trading Kirk to me means they have just dove deep into that black hole.  

If this team is now about Colt McCoy.  I'll say this, I'll stop whining about the Giants, Eagles leapfrogging over us.  I'll see that as an absolute given that we are back to being the doormat of the NFC East.  

I disagree. Sorry you wrote all of that, but I'm fine with trading Kirk for proper compensation. I don't think I need to say more lol. 

5 minutes ago, Pick6 said:

People seem to be lining up to trade for Jimmy Garoppolo, despite the fact he also has one year left on his contract (like Cousins). And Garoppolo has thrown less than 100 passes in his career and is complete unproven. You don't think there's a market for Cousins (who's made a Pro Bowl) if there's a market for Garoppolo?

Hmm I'm thinking if we could maybe try to get Poe on a one year prove it deal and if that would benefit us. Right now it looks like he is going to sign that deal in Atlanta. 

He would give us a big body and he can prove that he is worth is. If D improves big time...we sign him to big contract. 

Only ik doubt that he thinks he can prove himself here. Atalanta D is better set up for him to have a lot of sacks and succes. 

1 minute ago, SlkyCaramel said:

I disagree. Sorry you wrote all of that, but I'm fine with trading Kirk for proper compensation. I don't think I need to say more lol. 

What is your definition of proper compensation?  Because at this point Kirk's trade value is so low I personally don't think a trade is worth it.  Unless we are tanking.  

5 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

I am ok with it too but at the moment we hear no movement towards the big DTs in FA.  That has to change for me to embrace not going for Pryor.  Tired of signing depth FAs while our division rivals sign marquee guys.  We've seen that movie and it hasn't worked.

If Cousins intends on playing in San Fran no matter what, the Redskins have no leverage.  As stated above, no team is giving up draft picks for a 1-year rental and the 49ers can wait 1 year to get Cousins for nothing.  And Cousins will play well enough to ensure the Redskins will not have a high enough draft pick next year to be able to grab a possible franchise QB.  He will play well out of spite then leave.

What a sad situation to be in!!!

17 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Aside from the fact Cleveland is hoarding top end draft picks like they're going out of fashion and look in a position for a serious rebuild (I say 'look' as this is Cleveland. They still have to use them yet); this brings home exactly where we stand. 

A guy would rather live in Cleveland ..... that's CLEVELAND, and play for the BROWNS than entertain the Redskins. 

And people still try claim there's ballclubs worse than ourselves. 

CLEVELAND man. SMDH.

Hail. 

To be fair though, he is from

about two hours from Cleveland. He played at Ohio State. He played in Cleveland last year and apparently loved it. Cleveland is basically his home. So I can understand someone wanting to stay where they are comfortable. 

This isnt someone from LA choosing Cleveland over Washington. It's someone basically from Cleveland choosing Cleveland over Washington. I'm not taking this as much of a slap in the face as some other people are. 

I'm sure some guys won't be interested in us because of our dysfunction, but in this case, I think there is more to the story. 

Fun "what if" scenario on Scot's Freeagency board.

Scot holds his meeting with front office weighing in on possible free agents to sign while knowing he is in hot water he sabatoges Bruce and Dan because they are idiots.

"Guys listen McGee is a football player, he was mostly a rotational guy but I tell ya he will be worth whatever he wants to be paid, I have him over baker in priority signings"

"man Terrell McLain, can't spell football player without borrowing the t and a couple Ls from this guy. Would be a mistake letting him stay in the division without wearing the burgundy and gold"

"Other than those signings I would let the Giants and eagles think they establish high ground with WR additions, but we go out and sign a secret weapon to counter ANY wr they can muster. Sign swearinger and run two SS, basically clobber any WR into submission."

"that sums it up boys, hooters has 30cent wings for another 45 mins, see ya there"

13 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Did you forget that Julio Jones was just in the Superbowl? 

Archived