Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

16 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

FRED! 

*Long story involving a lost sig bet and the best compadre I never had! For those with long memories. 

Hail. 

I remember, that's why I chose a Uni. Dedicated to you brotha!!!!

7 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Tough negotiations. 

Word is Zac's down but convincing the rest of the band to move to DC is proving tricky. 

Hail. 

lol, that's was my first thought.

7 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Yes they are. 

worfcrop.thumb.jpg.794e4225832fbead240ade39a5ebbad5.jpg

Or are they myths?

Klingons are real, Worf is cool, but Dwarfs are better.

yQS08C.gif

Elves on the other hand are jerks. 

5 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Sorry for all the people who try to find news between my not so serious posts. I will put my serious face back on. 

Good luck with that. I've tried, not succeeded. 

Heard nothing this AM, Pryor, Brown,...nobody!

3 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I like the McClain and Swearinger signings, to me they make sense.  What I dont get is McGee over Baker.  A backup in Oakland over a proven starter here, for just about the exact same price?  Huh?  Oh and one has an injury history.

I agree with everything you say here. The only thing I can figure is they thought Baker would get more money than he did? But not making an offer at all was plain stupid IMO.

18 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Going WR with the first pick two years in a row would be very Millen-esque.  I'd be shocked if that happened.  I think they get this Pryor thing done.

Yeah but if they don't, drafting John Ross III wouldn't be a terrible move, esp in a really deep defensive draft.  He would change how defenses cover us.  But none of it means a thing if we cant sign Kirk long term.  That being said I want Malik  Hooker.  Besides, who wouldn't like a hooker after what we've been through.

What's the over/under on wins this year? With our current linebacking/safety/dline corps, we'd have to score 40 a game to even compete, and there's really no one to throw to at this point. We are leveraging everything on the health of Galette/Reed/Doctson, etc.

Can we send a 3rd or 4th to the Jets for Sheldon Richardson at least? Put a NT like Poe in the middle and let McClain/Richardson get to it. Re-sign Ziggy Hood and you have Ioannidis/Lanier and draft pick for depth

7 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

What's the over/under on wins this year? With our current linebacking/safety/dline corps, we'd have to score 40 a game to even compete, and there's really no one to throw to at this point. We are leveraging everything on the health of Galette/Reed/Doctson, etc.

Can we send a 3rd or 4th to the Jets for Sheldon Richardson at least? Put a NT like Poe in the middle and let McClain/Richardson get to it. Re-sign Ziggy Hood and you have Ioannidis/Lanier and draft pick for depth

who is playing qb?  Did Kirk sign a LTD?  

Colt: 4/5 win season

Kirk w/out LTD: 6/7 max win season

Kirk w/ LTD: 8+

30 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I said I could understand getting the DTs we got what I don't understand is massively over paying them. If SM advised us to get a two $20K Fords to replace a $40K Honda I would be pretty much furious if Allen then turned around and got the two Fords but paid $85K for them

If the 2 Fords were GT 40's he'd have got a hell of a deal.

2 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

who is playing qb?  Did Kirk sign a LTD?  

Colt: 4/5 win season

Kirk w/out LTD: 6/7 max win season

Kirk w/ LTD: 8+

That's generous, considering Kirk can't play defense and without the receivers there's no assurance we will be throwing the ball. Without a true stud RB, there's no real assurance we will be able to run either lol

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

That's generous, considering Kirk can't play defense and without the receivers there's no assurance we will be throwing the ball. Without a true stud RB, there's no real assurance we will be able to run either lol

I'd rather make statements about our QB play than address your actual question :rofl89:

But honestly I think a happy Kirk makes that big of a difference.  I was also under the assumption that we would get better through FA and the draft...we are only on day two.  

3 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I think we will sign a receiver but come on no receivers?  Crowder, Reed, Doctson is not a bad base.  Harris looked good, and Grant, well ok.  But If we can add Pryor seriously I will not cry me a river over loosing Garcon and DJax.

13 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I like the McClain and Swearinger signings, to me they make sense.  What I dont get is McGee over Baker.  A backup in Oakland over a proven starter here, for just about the exact same price?  Huh?  Oh and one has an injury history.

Age.  McGee just turned 27 and Baker will turn 30 at the beginning of the season.  McGee is also a bit cheaper.

When signing a free agent to a multi-year deal, I think you should stay away from 30 year olds going for their third or fourth contract and try and sign 27 year olds signing their second.  Most of the time it's the safer move.  They're entering their prime years while the older guy is usually exiting his.

5 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

I think we will sign a receiver but come on no receivers?  Crowder, Reed, Doctson is not a bad base.  Harris looked good, and Grant, well ok.  But If we can add Pryor seriously I will not cry me a river over loosing Garcon and DJax.

not a bad base, if they are on the field... Reed's concussions and shoulder, Doctsons head shoulder knees and toes, or whatever he has

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My key point on the Wr situation is this.  They were the third best team in the division last year.  Their #1 strength was the passing game.  Being the first team in NFL history to lose two 1000 yard receivers in the same off season makes them weaker.  Eagles signing Jeffrey, T. Smith and the Giants signing Marshall -- arguably makes the Redskins the team with the worst receiving corp in the division.  So what are they hanging their hat on?  Their division rivals have now surpassed them as for passing weapons and the kicker is the Eagles and Giants defense is better than ours by a mile.  And their running game is at least in par with ours.  So what's left?  To me it spells at present time the Redskins are the worst team in the division.  You have to start fixing that IMO.

I think people tend to forget while we did indeed lose our 1000 yard receivers I think we can honestly say we have the best TE and best slot receiver in the division also. That went a long way in my book to that wicked passing attack. I think Reed and Crowder are being a bit underappreciated in regards to our receiving core. If Doctson holds up and does what he can suddenly Garcon is replaced. The speed from Desean will weaken us no doubt but if we get Pryor and he plays up to what most think he can then suddenly we are the best in the division again just like that in my book.

The Eagles did sign two receivers but look at it this way. Smith would have been great to have but lets face it he is no game changer at the position. He was released by the 49ers after all and is a very one trick pony. Jeffery has some big injury concerns and is betting on himself with that 1 year deal. Those guys are no slam dunks in any shape or form but look great on paper. The Giants added Marshall for a low deal as well but think about it. This is his 4th team for a reason. The guy can become a headcase at the snap of a finger and if you add that to Odell's nonsense suddenly they could implode big time and in a hurry. Dallas is losing their number 2 receiver in Williams and will most likely be looking at the draft for that replacement. And Dez? Dez can either show up or vanish that's his game. Still think he is one of the most overrated receivers in the game today. They do have Beasley whom I think is great but they have just as many questions in that department as we do if you look at it as a whole receiving core.

So I didnt mean to write a book here haha but I wanted to show that maybe just maybe its not as bad as everyone is thinking that it will be. At the end of the day I really do think the Garcon production can be replaced easier than we think but Jackson's will be more trickier but not out of the question.

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I wouldnt mind kicking the tires on Patterson. At least he gives you some serious return skills to go along with him at WR. 

Cordarrelle Patterson would be a bigger version of Brandon Banks.  If you guys remember, Banks was a really good kick returner, gimmick play/screen guy and had some opportunities in the backfield as well.  Obviously, Patterson has a lot more potential though.  I wouldn't be mad if we signed him.

1 minute ago, Broken TK said:

Pryor' visititation has been DELETED. 

That rapscallion Drew is his agent & is using it to play the Browns which is where Pryor wants to stay. 

Ha. Drew up to his same old games. That guy is a disgrace. Unless of course he's your agent :)

Archived