Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

5 hours ago, Bang said:

@DC9 thanks for the hard work again this year! I sincerely appreciate it. This thread is invaluable for a quick catch up. I am scanning it all day.

~Bang

Thanks, brother, but it's all big TSO this year.  I get in when I can.  He's killing it.

9 minutes ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

Fun "what if" scenario on Scot's Freeagency board.

Scot holds his meeting with front office weighing in on possible free agents to sign while knowing he is in hot water he sabatoges Bruce and Dan because they are idiots.

"Guys listen McGee is a football player, he was mostly a rotational guy but I tell ya he will be worth whatever he wants to be paid, I have him over baker in priority signings"

"man Terrell McLain, can't spell football player without borrowing the t and a couple Ls from this guy. Would be a mistake letting him stay in the division without wearing the burgundy and gold"

"Other than those signings I would let the Giants and eagles think they establish high ground with WR additions, but we go out and sign a secret weapon to counter ANY wr they can muster. Sign swearinger and run two SS, basically clobber any WR into submission."

"that sums it up boys, hooters has 30cent wings for another 45 mins, see ya there"

and this is the behavior of a man you guiding the team? 

Just now, Dexter said:

I think now we go with Brandon LaFell and Anquan Boldin.....old receivers but reliable and leaders.  Maybe they can teacher our boys the ropes.  Super Bowl Champs on a team can't hurt.

LaFell already re-signed I believe

So out of the remaining picked over third tier players left for us to consider we need to find some bridge guys. Guys we can use this year and replace slowly through the draft. Looking at RB and WR I would think these guys could help us next year

Latavius Murray, 27 years old who had 1,854 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns over the last two seasons.

Eddie Lacy, 26 years old and a two-time 1,000-yard rusher injury prone 

Jamaal Charles, injury prone player who is looking at the seahawks but would have an easier path to playing time here

Doug Martin - If he is released which everyone expects

Kendall Wright - Not great but still young and has played well in spurts.
Kamar Aiken - Same as Wright. 6'2 led the Ravens with 75 receptions for 944 yards and five touchdowns a couple years ago
Brian Quick - Young coming off his best season, not great but at this point we need bodies

****ty list I know but we are either going to pick up some bridge free agency bodies or force ourselves to do this in the draft. These guys shouldn't be expensive

5 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I think now we go with Brandon LaFell and Anquan Boldin.....old receivers but reliable and leaders.  Maybe they can teacher our boys the ropes.  Super Bowl Champs on a team can't hurt.

Lafell resigned, Boldin at 36 is a bridge guy but doesn't have enough upside to me to consider

I do feel better about the safeties now but aint no one gonna be here in 5 years lol. Maybe 3. He is a hitter I will give him that but how good he is will depend on Sua actually becoming the guy we "think" he can be.

With the news yesterday that the guy evaluating the last two drafts was drunk all the time who knows how that effected his evaluations. To me every draft pick is suspect after learning that and could be the reason why we didn't get much of anything from them last year. Might like this:

4 minutes ago, Hail2theSkins24 said:

Did I miss Pryor re-upping with Cleveland? The likely scenario but I don't think we are dead yet

Pryor hasn't signed with anyone yet. Cleveland media seems to believe that the next offer to him will be lower than the one they initially made for 8 million (which they ultimately gave to Britt who had the exact same production as Pryor last year)

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Man I LOVE the Swearinger signing. This is what we are getting in the middle of the field for the next 5 years. Legal and Vicious:

I wanted us to Draft him, he was my favorite at USC(I live in SC so don't even try that southern cal is USC stuff)

He played big in big games and loves football, ferocious leader...

Archived