Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

Last year we ignored RB and it bit us in the ass and now this year we are taking the same approach when there are guys out there that will improve us at this critical position

will they ever learn?

why do they keep making the same mistakes expecting it to work out?

and where is Snyder now? Does he not see what's going on to his team and give a damn anymore or has he just completely checked out too?

2 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Last year we ignored RB and it but us in the ass and now this year we are taking the same approach

will they ever learn?

I happen to like Rob Kelley and Mack Brown.  Our problems at RB were that we didn't use our RBs enough, not that the players we had were particularly bad

9 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Last year we ignored RB and it bit us in the ass and now this year we are taking the same approach when there are guys out there that will improve us at this critical position

will they ever learn?

and where is Snyder now? Does he not see what's going on to his team and give a damn anymore or has he just completely checked out too?

We were 9th in the NFL in rushing yards per attempt.

8 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

will they ever learn?

This is supposed to be a huge year for running backs in the draft. I'd think I'd rather go in that direction. Running back is one of those positions that seem to be full go for rookies.  Kelley, Brown, and even Marshall are probably not THE answer, but Kelley has shown he can be an answer.

10 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

will they ever learn?

Biggest running issue was run blocking. Not the running backs.

10 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

will they ever learn?

This might be the 83' Quarterback draft for RBs, man.

I wouldn't be too eager in FA either, especially with the shelf life of some of these cats.

1 hour ago, Broken TK said:

Take the Kirk talk to the Kirk Thread or be DELETED!

1 hour ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

The die is cast. Unless Kirks Camp flat out denies that blurb about Allen, then one of them has to go now. Can't have the QB dissing the Prez. Let's see how bad Dan screws this one up lol.

1 hour ago, Redskin21502 said:

It's the best thing Kirk has ever done IF TRUE

14 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Kirk can scream at whomever he wants. He's the team captain, and if our bummy ass coordinators aren't doing their jobs and cost us games, he has every right to check them. The day Kirk fails to take responsibility for his own shortcomings and mistakes, while simultaneously blaming others for theirs, is the day he's crossed the line.

I just had a very powerful premoneeeetion regarding Rule 18.....

1 minute ago, SkinsTillIDie said:

We were 9th in the NFL in rushing yards per attempt.

So you believe that fat rob is good enough then? No sorry to you and the other guy who likes him but he's nothing special and your wearing your fan glasses now. On another team your more likely thinking differently about them. With the loss of the passing game it makes the RB position that much more important then last year but we got a coach that doesn't believe in running first so it might not even matter who is the starter but we are missing a good RB we have money now and some quality is out there we ignoring again for the second year in a row

3 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

So you believe that fat rob is good enough then? No sorry to you and the other guy who likes him but he's nothing special and your wearing your fan glasses now. On another team your more likely thinking differently about them. With the loss of the passing game it makes the RB position that much more important then last year but we got a coach that doesn't believe in running first so it might not even matter who is the starter but we are missing a good RB we have money now and some quality is out there we ignoring again for the second year in a row

nothing special is good enough at RB in this era

and no, we don't have money.  We have around 19 mil and still need more D plus draft signing

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

This is supposed to be a huge year for running backs in the draft. I'd think I'd rather go in that direction. Running back is one of those positions that seem to be full go for rookies.  Kelley, Brown, and even Marshall are probably not THE answer, but Kelley has shown he can be an answer.

I respect the idea of drafting someone and answering it that way but the issue I have is this teams got holes all over the place and RB free agency is full of bridge guys so if we go that route we don't have to use picks this year on it. It's the proper way to use our resources And no Kelly has not shown to be anything more then backup RB depth to most everyone who watched him last year.

Not saying he can't be in rotation but he's not good he's average and we need more then that especially with Kirk likely bouncing and our passing game being much worse then it was last year. But whatever I said my peace on this so I'm done talking about the talent we could have and bring in here and refusing to again

Breaking news: According to #FakeyMcFakerton, Redskins sign DL Injuriosa Neverwas to 4yr 23mil deal.

Neverwas played 3 snaps last season for the Utopia Mudcats before tearing all ligaments in all extremities. Has spent last 4 seasons on and off IR. Great potential for future injuries. DL rebuild continues.

Just now, carex said:

nothing special is good enough at RB in this era

and no, we don't have money.  We have around 19 mil and still need more D plus draft signing

Draft you need no more then five million to sign players and if you think that with 14 we can't improve then you should go look at what the Eagles just did with less money then that

Just now, SpacePenguin said:

Breaking news: According to #FakeyMcFakerton, Redskins sign DL Injuriosa Neverwas to 4yr 23mil deal.

Neverwas played 3 snaps last season for the Utopia Mudcats before tearing all ligaments in all extremities. Has spent last 4 seasons on and off IR. Great potential for future injuries.

Long term deal I hope 

Just now, bobandweave said:

RB free agency is full of bridge guys so if we go that route we don't have to use picks this year on it. It's the proper way to use our resources And no Kelly has not shown to be anything more then backup RB depth

Is there a real big difference in a "bridge guy" and a depth guy?

Seems Kelley served the bridge guy role adequately too. I'm also not willing to shut the door on Kieth Marshall quite yet. Kid had amazing measurables. If he can figure it out and stay healthy then he'll be good. Mind you, those aren't small ifs.

10 minutes ago, DC9 said:

This might be the 83' Quarterback draft for RBs, man.

I wouldn't be too eager in FA either, especially with the shelf life of some of these cats.

I feel you just saying the options for improving the team in other positions is much less then at the backs position in free agency now. Use that to avoid locking in on a RB in the draft so when them other teams are taking backs quality players slip to us in the draft

3 minutes ago, SpacePenguin said:

Neverwas played 3 snaps last season for the Utopia Mudcats before tearing all ligaments in all extremities. Has spent last 4 seasons on and off IR. Great potential for future injuries. DL rebuild continues.

CHAMPIONSHIP!

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Is there a real big difference in a "bridge guy" and a depth guy?

Seems Kelley served the bridge guy role adequately too. I'm also not willing to shut the door on Kieth Marshall quite yet. Kid had amazing measurables. If he can figure it out and stay healthy then he'll be good. Mind you, those aren't small ifs.

Ducks a duck to me same story been said about that duck for years and he can't do it. I have no hope in that but should I be wrong I would be fine with keeping him over someone else dude was top ranked prospect in college and I know his story I just don't think he can ever stay healthy if he could he would he's made of glass

5 minutes ago, SpacePenguin said:

But is he a head case willing to rack up 15 Yarders and does he show poor tackling form?

11 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

We just lost our two 1,000 receivers, our 5,000 yard franchise QB is likely on the outs, we are employing only 2 players who could've started for either the Pats or Falcons' championship defense, our right tackle and our center are up for huge paydays a year from now. We were 9th in the NFL in yards per attempt. And you're talking about signing a veteran RB like it's a critical issue? LOL

Archived