Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

8 minutes ago, Pick6 said:

Maybe this is all part of the plan. Not spend any money on guys this year. Bring a few bottom tier guys to fill holes, but ultimate not be competitive. Get a high 1st round draft pick and take a QB. Next year is suppose to be heavy on good QBs. Let Kirk walk. Bruce Allen is a genius.

Then they should trade Kirk, get what they can for him. Getting off topic but will be interested to see all the moves today.

OK. I am done in any other thread besides this one and the draft thread. The insanity on the Scott issue is out of control. I will just stick to the player threads from now on. 

What are your thoughts on giving Jamaal Charles a prove it deal? I know the lingering knee issues are a serious issue. But if the guy can get healthy. The rewards could be staggering.

12 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Yes.. yes you are. 

Lol. I was actually thinking about this earlier.. we might go easy on free agency and focus on the draft, but you don't **** around with the qb position. 

I am saying the Skins will suck this season. High 1st round pick in 2018. 2018 will have a lot of QBs.

Word is Pryor has left without a deal. Leaning to returning to Cleveland apparently.

Mark me down as concerned now about our receiver situation. Along with inside linebacker. And defensive line. And locking up a quality QB long term. And front office stability and competence. 

1 minute ago, Pick6 said:

I am saying the Skins will suck this season. High 1st round pick in 2018. 2018 will have a lot of QBs.

I agree. But if they are going to go that route then trade Cousins now. No point in making him play on the tag when you can use any picks you get from trading him to help ensure you get the QB you want.

If the Skins are focused on the 2018 draft and all of the QB's there then TRADE KIRK. 

The problem is, what is his value to the 49ers now with Brian Hoyer, Matt Barkley AND them reportedly drafting a QB this year? 

Can we trade him to the Browns? They have a ton of picks. 

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Word is Pryor has left without a deal. Leaning to returning to Cleveland apparently.

Mark me down as concerned now about our receiver situation. Along with inside linebacker. And defensive line. And locking up a quality QB long term. And front office stability and competence. 

And a RB :(

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

What are your thoughts on giving Jamaal Charles a prove it deal? I know the lingering knee issues are a serious issue. But if the guy can get healthy. The rewards could be staggering.

I think veteran RBs know they wont get paid. So they just gonna sign with the best teams. Like sign in Seattle and hope to grab a ring. There value is just so low. Even if he signs a prove it deal.  Nobody is going to give him a big contract next year. It's sad time to be a RB. 

1 minute ago, Pick6 said:

Yep. If we do trade Cousins I think that pretty much guarantees a high pick next year. A ticket in the 2018 QB sweep stakes.

Time to accept the fact that this is a Mickey Mouse run organization that is BY FAR, the biggest joke in the NFL.  For those old enough to remember, think back to the Jack Kent Cooke years and the Glory Days with Joe Gibbs and a REAL GM with Bobby Beathard  and then look at us now. Let THAT sink in!!!  There will be no more of me spending my hard earned money watching this poor excuse for a professional football team week in and week out. I'm tired of it!!  Dan Snyder doesnt have a CLUE of how to run a professional sports franchise! 

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

There is still A LOT of MLB talent available in FA. They really could fix that position. If they get that done you could use another high pick on a WR in this draft. And there is a lot of WR depth in the draft this year. And also take a stud DL in the draft.

Just now, MartinC said:

Aside from the fact Cleveland is hoarding top end draft picks like they're going out of fashion and look in a position for a serious rebuild (I say 'look' as this is Cleveland. They still have to use them yet); this brings home exactly where we stand. 

A guy would rather live in Cleveland ..... that's CLEVELAND, and play for the BROWNS than entertain the Redskins. 

And people still try claim there's ballclubs worse than ourselves. 

CLEVELAND man. SMDH.

Hail. 

Archived