Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In short, going back to my earlier analogy, I don't want another off season of paying $4 for 7 Big Macs. I'd rather pay $25 for three steaks.  Value isn't my top concern. My top concern is we cannot afford to have the division rivals have better players.  People bemoan the last week loss to the Giants.  But to me watching it the Giants "overpaid" D line just overwhelmed the Redskins.  They are just better.  They got better players.  Jenkins might have been overpaid but he's a better corner than Breeland.  Thanks to FA, the Giants have now two shut down corners, better pass rush, and can stop the run.  All of that wasn't the case before the 2016 FA spending spree.  If the Giants signed 5 Stacy McGee types last season would they have improved to that degree, IMO no way.

Hallelujah! 

People get way to cute with the cap. Every dollar not spend of the cap, is a missed opportunity. I rather pay 10 million for a DE that gives me 10 sacks ($1m per sack) then pay one 4 milion and get me 7 sacks ($0,57m per sack). Yes the second one is way better value...but who cares. I want production, I want wins...not freaking value. We are not running a business where we try to get the best deals. 

Sure you can not go to crazy and just hand money to everybody and get in cap hell...but at least spend some. 

To me Bruce feels like that guy who doesn't want to take risks. If he signs a big FA and guy doesn't produce he is ****ed. If he signs a bunch of low end FA's and one becomes a star he is the hero. If one of does low end FA's doesn't work out, he hopes nobody cares because they weren't expensive. 

3 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Damned right we are, and it is not only us that go by performance on the field, pretty sure 30 to 31 of the NFL GMs go by that too to determine how much they are going to pay a prospective free agent acquisition (Allen being the 1 or 2 that don't).

Pretty sure you are wrong on that one. They dont care about stats. They care about the tape.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was hoping that they'd come out of FA stronger not weaker.  At the moment IMO they have gotten weaker so far in FA.  

That is certainly something we can agree on.  We are a worse team today than we were at the end of last season.  Eagles and Giants are better.  

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Pretty sure you are wrong on that one. They dont care about stats. They care about the tape.

I said they care about performance on the field which includes both tape and stats.  Baker was ranked by just about everyone an order of magnitude higher than either of our new DTs due to performance and yet Allen paid each of them more than what Baker received. Stop being such a homer - Allen is screwing this up and screwing this up big time.

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

I said they care about performance on the field which includes both tape and stats.  Baker was ranked by just about everyone an order of magnitude higher than either of our new DTs due to performance and yet Allen paid each of them more than what Baker received. Stop being such a homer - Allen is screwing this up and screwing this up big time.

By all accounts though Allen is working off of SM target FA board.  

50 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

One of the reasons Dallas was "excellent" against the run is that they played 10 of 16 games against teams that didn't run the ball all that much (#20 or above on attempts).

My bigger concern is that McClain played on less than 45% of the defensive snaps.  McGee played on 21% of Oakland's snaps.  That's a lot of money for part time players.  Baker played on over 70% of Washington's snaps.

We have not replaced Baker. McGee and McClain are more 2 down guys. We don't have a guy who can replace Bakers ability to get inside pressure.

I think McGee and McClain are decent signings and will help our run defense. But they are not difference makers. 

I'm sure there is a plan though. Right?

4 minutes ago, nonniey said:

So now I am a homer because I corrected your wrong post? This board is just ridiculous at this point. You stated Allen was 1 or 2 GM's that didnt use stats in his evaluation. First how you would know this I have no idea. Second. None of them use stats. Stats dont mean a damn thing to a GM. Their tape does. Their off the field actions do. Their stats? No.

I know what players we are gonna sign next. Our first post Scot McCloughan FA class. 

We already singed two Dlineman

Stacy McGee

Terrell McClain

First a safety

T.J. McDonald

Then an extra ILB

Rolando McClain

A backup RB

Darren McFadden

More Dline help

Tony McDaniel

After the FA periode our team will anounce the stadium sponsor for the new Redskins stadium... McDonalds. 

3 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

By all accounts though Allen is working off of SM target FA board.  

I said I could understand getting the DTs we got what I don't understand is massively over paying them. If SM advised us to get a two $20K Fords to replace a $40K Honda I would be pretty much furious if Allen then turned around and got the two Fords but paid $85K for them

8 minutes ago, MartinC said:

We have not replaced Baker. McGee and McClain are more 2 down guys. We don't have a guy who can replace Bakers ability to get inside pressure.

I think McGee and McClain are decent signings and will help our run defense. But they are not difference makers. 

Again the huge problem is what was paid for them we massively over paid.

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Do one Dutch! 

I'mma onto you! You only want Williams and McClain to make my Cowboys draft even harder! 

****ER!!!!!

Hail. 

I was born a honest and fair persone. The world made me dirty with no integrity. First I will sabotage all your draft plans...then I will try to take over the world. 

pinky_primary.jpg

Welcome to McDump Stadium sponsored by Mc Donalds and representing the Burgandy and gold McNasties and there gold pants and clown shoes and lets give a shout out to our former Mr. McDrunk. Oh... Wait ...there is our napoleon complex having owner Mr. Mcturd and in his side car Mr. Mcscrooge himself. Don't ask me what the hell made me type that.

19 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

So now I am a homer because I corrected your wrong post? This board is just ridiculous at this point. You stated Allen was 1 or 2 GM's that didnt use stats in his evaluation. First how you would know this I have no idea. Second. None of them use stats. Stats dont mean a damn thing to a GM. Their tape does. Their off the field actions do. Their stats? No.

Reading comprehension problem huh?  I said Allen was 1 of 2 GMs that didn't use performance in his evaluation.

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I agree that McClain is a decent player, one who has worked hard to resurrect his career.  But he's not a $5M/year player.

Someone will need to explain to me why we dropped $5M on McGee though.

Archived