Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

34 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I am intrigued by Pryor, but if we don't pony up for Kirk, Pierre, Baker etc, why would we pony up for a guy still learning a new position?

To make a splash I guess, and distract us.

I assume there aren't enough tubes of him dominating at WR to wow our Dan scouting department. Forced to guess, I don't think he will land here.

Maybe a guy like Terrance Williams is on our radar. I think we need to look at cheaper options if you want to try to guess what Allen is thinking. He is likely scrambling to have enough cap room to sign Cousins to the type of deal it will now require to get him to stay.

we have been perfectly willing to pony up for Kirk

15 minutes ago, fordranger76 said:

If we do not get Pryor we will be drafting a receiver and it would not shock me with a first round pick again. I think if they miss on him then they go with the big DT signing. So much to play out still.

I am thinking we are going to be drafting a QB with a top pick. If not, shouldn't we be thinking about it?   I wonder what the master plan is.... lol who am I kidding, there is no master plan. 

We pushed all in on Doctson last year, and thinking the team may just have to let that play out before making another rash move like a WR with a top pick. I think we will draft a QB before a WR, unless things change WRT to Cousins, or Josh's recovery.

4 minutes ago, carex said:

we have been perfectly willing to pony up for Kirk

Why did we turn down the Cousins camp offer of 19.5x3; does that not seem fair to you?

We were not willing. If I am wrong, why in the world would Cousins be head rubbing Scot on national TV?

If were willing, we wouldn't be expecting him gone by next season.

5 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

You cannot go into next season relying on Doctson, Grant and Harris. That is just insane. 

And I also think the status quo makes it less attractive for Kirk to come back.  The irony I doubt is lost on Kirk that SF is loading up on playmakers while the Redskins are de-loading.

40 minutes ago, fordranger76 said:

I think Harris is going to shock some people. But I would feel better with Pryor also.

I dont know about shock, but I like Harris.  He probably brings more to the table than Grant.

7 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So who do we have on the DL?

0T: Phil Taylor, A.J. Francis

3T: Stacy McGee

5T: Terrell McClain, Ricky Jean-Francois, Anthony Lanier, Matt Ionidis

That DL roster doesn't do it for me so far.  Tomsula deserves investing in a stud like we gave Callahan.  

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And I also think the status quo makes it less attractive for Kirk to come back.  The irony I doubt is lost on Kirk that SF is loading up on playmakers while the Redskins are de-loading.

It's a passing league and injuries at that position will happen. Teams need to load up at WR. Even the great Tom Brady has 2 quality water bugs, the best hands TE, and 2 very good hands backs.  That is 5 quality targets (probably more), without even addressing his #1WR.

We have Reed, Doctson, Crowder, and Thompson. All good players but injuries concerns are there. Vernon Davis.... sure lets add his projected 45 catches in there. Grant is trending backwards, Harris is big raw and physical, but is unproven. It's not horrible, but one injury and it is getting close real quick.

9 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I dont know about shock, but I like Harris.  He probably brings more to the table than Grant.

Hope so, my last memory of him for the season is him falling down Ryan Grant style on a critical play that led to an INT.    I just don't know if I am comfortable going into the season with the worst defense in the division and now arguably the worst receiving corp in the division after having the best -- maybe Harris is the guy but I wouldn't count on him like Philly can count on Jeffrey and the Giants can count on Marshall.     

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Pryor isn't a mighty hook to stay around either if I'm Kirk. 

Hail. 

24 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Why did we turn down the Cousins camp offer of 19.5x3; does that not seem fair to you?

We were not willing. If I am wrong, why in the world would Cousins be head rubbing Scot on national TV?

If were willing, we wouldn't be expecting him gone by next season.

I am talking about this year.  Yeah he was good in the 2015 season.  But if you don't remember in the 2014 season he played so poorly after RG3's ankle injury that he was benched for Colt McCoy and demoted to third string when Griffin's ankle healed and people do regress

NFLN talking about the Redskins needing to give in an give Kirk a LTD. They want to dumbass

13 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Pryor isn't a mighty hook to stay around either if I'm Kirk. 

Hail. 

To play along I think it helps even if its just the gesture alone.  The Redskins at the moment lost his two big playmakers.  SF is loading up on playmakers -- heard yesterday they were even pursuing M. Bennett.  Redskins are giving the vibe that the team is getting worse.  Some of the more optimistic people  will talk up the draft but the Redskins obviously aren't the only team with draft picks this year.  Yeah the Giants for example could add OJ Howard or whomever.   So for the moment its adding players in FA and likely getting better or losing players in FA and getting worse.  Redskins IMO are getting worse.  Showing Kirk hey this team isn't going down a sinkhole, we are working it -- I think might help a little. :)

As for Pryor, he had 77 catches, and 1000 yards with nothing working at QB.  He destroyed Josh Norman in the first half.  A 6 4 target in the red zone.  For me Pryor would be a tremendous signing.  Maybe Bruce is now listening to Cooley? :ols:  Cooley weeks ago did his WR film study and he said he liked Pryor the best in FA and said he's the only in his mind #1 WR in FA, he said he'd let Garcon and D. Jax go and sign Pryor.  Be ironic if that happens.

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/27508/sua-cravens-on-terrelle-pryor-not-going-to-let-one-man-beat-us

Redskins coach Jay Gruden called him a "unique talent." Gruden said his successor as the Cincinnati Bengals' offensive coordinator, Hue Jackson, is using Pryor in a number of ways as the Browns' head coach to get him the ball. Considering Pryor is 6-foot-4 and once was timed in the 40-yard dash in 4.36 seconds, it makes sense.

"He can go up and get the deep ball without a doubt," Gruden said. "He's doing better as far as the route tree is concerned. He can catch a bubble screen and run with them and when he lines up at quarterback he's very dangerous, either handing the ball off or running the zone read stuff or even throwing the bubbles, the quick passes. An all-around great athlete; somebody we have to keep an eye on at all times."

31 minutes ago, justice98 said:

That DL roster doesn't do it for me so far.  Tomsula deserves investing in a stud like we gave Callahan.  

Agreed. That's not only the worst DL in the division by a wide margin, it's one of the worst looking DLs in the entire league. Backed by the worst ILBs in the division, and learning a new system, what could go wrong? WAY more needs to be done, first through FA, then by adding a couple of first 4 round DL in the draft. 

33 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

You cannot go into next season relying on Doctson, Grant and Harris. That is just insane. 

Doctson, Crowder, Reed ....Harris ............Grant. 

Looks a lot better with Crowder and Reed added. But I agree that's thin. We have to add a quality receiver to that group. Plus pray Doctson stays healthy and justified his draft position.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that we draft McDowell. 

That would be a big mistake IMO.

Taking Pryor and his one career year out of the equation Sip, if I'm Cousins there's no way I'm extending here. You could offer to make me the highest paid QB in history and I'd turn you down flat. I've shown I can play at a high level in this league. My current team has continually shown it will never match that. So if I've any ambition to take a team to a Championship, I'm looking at forcing a move as soon as I can. And I say that as a 35 year fan of the big B&G comedy show. 

It would break my heart as a fan playing for my team (I know that's not Cousins. Speaking personally now) in that position, but my ultimate ambition would be to win something. That isn't happening here. 

Hail. 

1 minute ago, Taylor703 said:

I'd be shocked if our first pick isn't a RB. 

so it that your way of saying you expect us to waste it?

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Taking Pryor and his career one year out of the equation SIP, if I'm Cousins there's no way I'm extending here. You could offer to make me the highest paid QB in history and I'd turn you down flat. I've shown I can play at a high level in this league. My current team has continually shown it will never match that. So if I've any ambition to take a tram to a Championship, I'm looking at forcing a move as soon as I can. And I say that as a 35 fan of the big B&G comedy show. 

Hail. 

and yet everyone has him going to big losers right now

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Doctson, Crowder, Reed ....Harris ............Grant. 

Looks a lot better with Crowder and Reed added. But I agree that's thin. We have to add a quality receiver to that group. Plus pray Doctson stays healthy and justified his draft position.

That would be a big mistake IMO.

I do and don't agree. I think hes every but bit of haynesworth 2.0. 

I'm not as high on Pryor as a lot of folks here. He's definitely got potential but I'd be interested to see the contract he commands. He's really an unknown commodity moving forward.  A 27 yo first year wideout isn't necessarily something I'm willing to shell out boat loads of money for. Especially considering the deep wr class in this year's draft. 

Just now, SkinssRvA said:

I'm not as high on Pryor as a lot of folks here. He's definitely got potential but I'd be interested to see the contract he commands. He's really an unknown commodity moving forward.  A 27 yo first year wideout isn't necessarily something I'm willing to shell out boat loads of money for. Especially considering the deep wr class in this year's draft. 

We're in the desperation stakes. 

Fans need to cling to something coming in mate. 

Hail. 

5 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

I agree with you. And there is something to be said that his former team, the team with the most cap space, isnt making a hard push to keep him. He was clearly their best weapon last year. And Cleveland doesnt seem to want anything to do with him?

Just now, MEANDWARF said:

My guess it will be the BPA among RBs, DLs, ILBs, WRs, DBs, ETC,ETC,ETC,.........

It SHOULD be BPA available. But with someone running this who's shown he let's personal feelings override anything else with the players already here, Hell knows what he'd do if he got fixated on someone he liked?

Hail. 

11 minutes ago, carex said:

so it that your way of saying you expect us to waste it?

and yet everyone has him going to big losers right now

If Fournette or Cook is available then no, it's not a waste. I'd prefer we took an ILB but I'm not going to cry if this team finally gets an stud RB. 

3 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

We're in the desperation stakes. 

Fans need to cling to something coming in mate. 

Hail. 

True. I'm as pissed at the front office as anyone, but we need to remain calm when it comes to free agency. Overpaying for unknown potential is not smart. The difference with desean and Norman when we splashed big was that they were known, high performing players. 

If we sign him tho, we can run the wildcat!! 

10 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

The thing about the draft is you can't do everything and you let it fly with a BPA approach IMO.  It's a deep draft for RB, WR, TE, CB, S, MLB, edge rusher.  Arguably we can use a player at all those positions (with maybe the exception of TE) and also NT-DE.    I don't mind the DT FA signings so far but see them as good depth, rotational guys not major impact ones.   If they don't sign an impact guy, then you likely got to hope you find one in the draft, if you don't trust Breeland as your #2 guy, its a perfect draft to find another corner.  It's one of the best drafts ever for RB.    At some point, something has to give where they aren't going to fill all needs in the draft, the math just doesn't add up. 

My key point on the Wr situation is this.  They were the third best team in the division last year.  Their #1 strength was the passing game.  Being the first team in NFL history to lose two 1000 yard receivers in the same off season makes them weaker.  Eagles signing Jeffrey, T. Smith and the Giants signing Marshall -- arguably makes the Redskins the team with the worst receiving corp in the division.  So what are they hanging their hat on?  Their division rivals have now surpassed them as for passing weapons and the kicker is the Eagles and Giants defense is better than ours by a mile.  And their running game is at least in par with ours.  So what's left?  To me it spells at present time the Redskins are the worst team in the division.  You have to start fixing that IMO.

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

It SHOULD be BPA available. But with someone running this who's shown he let's personal feelings override anything else with the players already here, Hell knows what he'd do if he got fixated on someone he liked?

Hail. 

We've never drafted BPA. That's a myth.

1 hour ago, Taylor703 said:

If Fournette or Cook is available then no, it's not a waste. I'd prefer we took an ILB but I'm not going to cry if this team finally gets an stud RB. 

Fournette yes, cook, no.

Archived