Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

3 minutes ago, LastMortal said:

Terrelle Pryor : 4.38 40 time, 6'4/240. Catches passes between the hashes

DeSean Jackson: 4.35, 5'10/180. Outside only. 

Just sayin

I like your post.....But one of them is a career WR. The other has 16 games of experience. I hope we sign Pryor. But. RIGHT NOW, he is not DJax in his prime.

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

What @drowland said lol...

He never set up a visit with the Vikings. They were reportedly in the mix earlier but nothing really came of it (and it wasn't from a confirmed source apparently). Browns were trying to keep him, but nobody seems to know where that stands now after all of the other moves they've made. 

If you mean this, afterward it was said that the signing of Wheaton took Chicago out of the Pryor sweepstakes and Vikings talk didn't seem to be amounting to much. Also, Cleveland media seems to think his chances of returning are small since they signed Britt. 

All thing considered, not a terrible first day of free agency. Attempted to address a couple major areas of need. Losing both DJax and Garcon hurts. Baker too, but mainly because they were productive good guys. Seems Baker should have been back or at least negotiated with. Price tag on DJax and Garcon both were mind blowing. We'll discover how good the new guys are. Still have huge holes on the field and in the front office.

13 minutes ago, SlkyCaramel said:

He never set up a visit with the Vikings. They were reportedly in the mix earlier but nothing really came of it (and it wasn't from a confirmed source apparently). Browns were trying to keep him, but nobody seems to know where that stands now after all of the other moves they've made. 

If you mean this, afterward it was said that the signing of Wheaton took Chicago out of the Pryor sweepstakes and Vikings talk didn't seem to be amounting to much. Also, Cleveland media seems to think his chances of returning are small since they signed Britt. 

Man, here's hoping you're right, then lol...it's just that usually we are being fed just a ton of leaked info--they're still at the restaurant, Allen and Gruden are there, they are adamant about not letting him leave without a contract, blah, blah, etc, etc...we're getting none of that this time (we got a ton of that **** when DeSean Jackson was in town to meet with the Skins). Maybe the beat reporters are too caught up with the McCloughan firing?

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

All thing considered, not a terrible first day of free agency. Attempted to address a couple major areas of need. Losing both DJax and Garcon hurts. Baker too, but mainly because they were productive good guys. Seems Baker should have been back or at least negotiated with. Price tag on DJax and Garcon both were mind blowing. We htll discover how good the new guys are. Still have huge holes on the field and in the front office.

My Thoughts exactly. Worst thing today was NOT makng an offer for Baker. He is worth 6 Mill per year. The rest of it is a good day IMO.

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I like your post.....But one of them is a career WR. The other has 16 games of experience. I hope we sign Pryor. But. right now, he is not DJax in his prime.

DJax is also not in his prime.  He won't play 16 games and is worth about 4 TD's in the 12+ games he does play in. 

FA WR like Pryor is far more valuable in a 4 yr. contract scenario at this point.  If they can get Pryor to join a top 3 Offense with the people they've got under contract already, Pryor can get to the next level now.  Brown's are going to make signing Pryor very expensive.

Still need ILB'er to help create a solid Defensive roster just to have hopes of being mid grade. 

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Man, here's hoping you're right, then lol...it's just that usually we are being fed just a ton of leaked info--they're still at the restaurant, Allen and Gruden are there, they are adamant about not letting him leave without a contract, blah, blah, etc, etc...we're getting none of that this time (we got a ton of that **** when DeSean Jackson was in town to meet with the Skins). Maybe the beat reporters are too caught up with the McCloughan firing?

I think he's meeting with Skins peeps tomorrow, not today.

1 minute ago, SlkyCaramel said:

It's tonight

Oh gotcha, Keim says he's coming to the facility tomorrow as well. Hopefully to sign. :)

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

I thought I read in this thread that they were at a restaurant tonight?...Hell, I don't know anymore, my brain is fried lol...

NVM I got my wires crossed. He met with the team tonight but is ALSO going to the facility tomorrow. Hopefully to sign!! :)

49 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Skins may end up with Pryor, but it won't be tonight. Zero signs point towards that happening...plus he said he's not gonna rush any decision and has several other teams to meet with.

Josh Norman said the same thing.

Hopefully Monk and Clark are in the building to greet him.

1 minute ago, DC9 said:

When Snyder sends R1 to pickup a player of interest he's gonna sign.  It would be a slap in the face to management.  It will get done.  Really believe that.

20 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

@SlkyCaramel @Califan007

Re: whether Pryor is at the facility, Keim said: " @rudybux in the morning. met tonight too "

Gracias, amigo!

9 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I forgot he said that lol...

Archived