Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

How are they tying breast cancer to religious liberties? What is the basis?

This has sort of been my issue with the entire "religious beliefs tell me I can discriminate" argument from the get-go.  How do you define a "sincerely held religious belief?"  Does it have to be something written out in plain text in a holy book?  Can it merely be how you personally interpret a line of text in a book?  Does it even need to be something from a holy book at all? Religion is such a personal  thing and pretty well established as being something different to different people, that giving the justification of "sincerely religious beliefs tell me that........" pretty much opens the door for someone to be able to discriminate over anything they want at any time, but also look the other way on other things that would seemingly also contradict the same holy book's text/rules.

Discrimination does not belong in the public square when it comes to commerce/trading of for goods & services. Period.  While we will never be able to root it out 100%, a good start is with the folks who are openly practicing it. 

What happens when you get forced out of one Trump admin position for your racist diatribes?  Just move to the next Trump admin position. 

https://www.americanbanker.com/news/elizabeth-warren-sounds-alarm-on-hud-hiring-of-former-top-cfpb-official

Blankenstein resigned from his position at the CFPB in May. He came under fire last year after it was reported that he used a pen name more than a decade ago to write blog posts saying people who use racial slurs aren’t necessarily racist, and calling most hate crimes “hoaxes.” After the reports, several CFPB colleagues spoke out, saying they were concerned his views had implications for his decision-making.

His tirle at the CFPB was policy director for supervision, enforcement and fair lending. Fair lending means he was appointed to the job of preventing racism. Can’t make this **** up yall. 

3 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

How are they tying breast cancer to religious liberties? What is the basis?

This has sort of been my issue with the entire "religious beliefs tell me I can discriminate" argument from the get-go.  How do you define a "sincerely held religious belief?"  Does it have to be something written out in plain text in a holy book?  Can it merely be how you personally interpret a line of text in a book?  Does it even need to be something from a holy book at all? Religion is such a personal  thing and pretty well established as being something different to different people, that giving the justification of "sincerely religious beliefs tell me that........" pretty much opens the door for someone to be able to discriminate over anything they want at any time, but also look the other way on other things that would seemingly also contradict the same holy book's text/rules.

Discrimination does not belong in the public square when it comes to commerce/trading of for goods & services. Period.  While we will never be able to root it out 100%, a good start is with the folks who are openly practicing it. 

This is kind of in my wheelhouse, as a historian of religion in America. The standards are actually fairly poor for determining what counts as religiously significant, and expert testimony is used more often here than in other areas of jurisprudence. But there are standards, and having read this document over I’m not surprised to see that the Trumper doesn’t engage the substantive ones and relies spuriously on arguments that failure to honor this exemption will open the floodgates to discriminate against minority faiths. Totally cynical, ahistorical, and overlooks huge amounts of precedent. Typical, in short.

11 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

This is the Republican goal. A whole branch filled with people like this asshole.

They are set to destroy America and make it into a frightening religious state that all must obey.

8 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Just because it's been awhile since I've said it publicly....

**** Trump

Needs to be repeated daily.

Trump's criticism of Megan Rapinoe is so absurd.  Not only is he publicly criticizing an American citizen who is in the middle of representing the US on foreign soil, his criticism started because she stands for the national anthem, but does not sing it.  The odds that Trump could sing the words to the national anthem are less than 1%.  I really hope he gets asked to try at some point, just to see him claim how good he would be, but without actually doing it.  

Archived