Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Just cause a guy won a Pulitzer for his work doesn't mean Trump is going to get impeached.  I'm sure it was top notch work.

I said it before, I'll say it again.  Teflon.  I don't like him, I'd be happy to see him out of office tomorrow after a big scandal.  But let's wait and see how quickly this gets swept under the rug before we're on to the next thing.  

No one thinks this will lead to impeachment though. It's a criminal lawsuit. Don't see a lawsuit bringing this clown down. Just glad some form of justice is being doled out. Possibly this can lead to some further crimes being discovered but I don't see this as bringing him down.

20 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Just cause a guy won a Pulitzer for his work doesn't mean Trump is going to get impeached.  I'm sure it was top notch work.

I said it before, I'll say it again.  Teflon.  I don't like him, I'd be happy to see him out of office tomorrow after a big scandal.  But let's wait and see how quickly this gets swept under the rug before we're on to the next thing.  

Yeah but you also said it was people throwing **** against a wall to see if it sticks just because he isn't "their guy" which is a total load of crap. The man is corrupt. His sons are corrupt. The people he surrounds himself with are corrupt.

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

It's just crazy how brazen Trump and his various cronies were in all their misdeeds.

He’s worked his entire life with the assumption that he’s above the law.

Which isn’t really surprising or a misjudgement on his part. This countries laws and legal has been designed to protect people like him.

1 hour ago, China said:

Maybe this guy?

Honestly it could be anyone. Basically nothing requiring political chops. Just go by the script, and if you run into trouble, either keep repeating the words, beating them into submission, or FakeNews!

They should take turns inviting famous people to give the briefings.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Honestly it could be anyone. Basically nothing requiring political chops. Just go by the script, and if you run into trouble, either keep repeating the words, beating them into submission, or FakeNews!

They should take turns inviting famous people to give the briefings.

I wonder how nugent week would go.

screen-shot-2017-02-18-at-2-20-07-pm.png

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I get it, I don't like Trump either.  But to see his opponents flail and scramble to throw **** at a wall in hopes that something sticks to him when he's increasingly shown that he's made out of teflon is getting silly.  All because "He's not our guy and we don't like him." 

EVERY SINGLE THING that has been “thrown against the wall (Trump)” has “stuck”. The only thing I can think of that he’s been accused of, that hasn’t been publicly proven, is paying a hooker to pee on a bed. 

Even his supporters know hes guilty. They’ve simply made it clear that, when a Republican does it, they don’t care. 

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

The general was saluting. He was sticking his handout for a handshake.

In fairness, what I heard was that Trump first went for the handshake and the general saluted.  Trump then saluted as the general went for a handshake.

That is, the picture might actually look worse than it really is, in that Trump was trying to politely match pleasantries.

Nonetheless, this is precisely why you are supposed to do extensive planning before going somewhere.  Get the protocol down so there are no bad pictures like this.

4 hours ago, No Excuses said:

He’s worked his entire life with the assumption that he’s above the law.

Which isn’t really surprising or a misjudgement on his part. This countries laws and legal has been designed to protect people like him.

Exactly. He's never once had to be accountable for anything...bad behavior, bad business, criminal behavior. Bad behavior? Just pay the person off or bully them with a team of lawyers (or intimidate them in other ways) until they shut up. Bad business decisions? Just collect as much money as possible from the investors you bilked, stiff your contractors, and close down shop or declare bankruptcy. Criminal behavior? Just ignore it and put up roadblocks with lawyers or delay until you just have to pay some fines. And they never really bothered to hide it much because they didn't have to.

He's assumed his whole life that he's been above the law, because he mostly HAS been. But now it's a different story and at least some of those chickens are coming home to roost. 

21 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

In fairness, what I heard was that Trump first went for the handshake and the general saluted.  Trump then saluted as the general went for a handshake.

That is, the picture might actually look worse than it really is, in that Trump was trying to politely match pleasantries.

Nonetheless, this is precisely why you are supposed to do extensive planning before going somewhere.  Get the protocol down so there are no bad pictures like this.

For the most part, I think of pictures like this as nothing burgers. However, there is a petty part of me that looks at the YEARS of mileage Conservatives got out of Obama bowing in comparison to this. Obama's bow was a sign of respect world leader to world leader. Trump saluting a North Korean general is a sign of subservience. 

46 minutes ago, Burgold said:

For the most part, I think of pictures like this as nothing burgers. However, there is a petty part of me that looks at the YEARS of mileage Conservatives got out of Obama bowing in comparison to this. Obama's bow was a sign of respect world leader to world leader. Trump saluting a North Korean general is a sign of subservience. 

I'm in that boat.

It's kinda a meh thing, not really worth getting overly worked up about though it undoubtedly would have never happened if proper preparations had been done.

But yes, we would have literally never heard the end of it if Obama had done this.  Like I shudder to think of the Hannity segments that would have run if this were Obama.

32 minutes ago, Burgold said:

He doesn't know that he could've said one of two things: "As you were", or greeted him by name. No need for the salute. Boo hiss. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Lol. I thought of someone like an ex pro wrestling manager. Something like "Jimmy Hart Week," where he's just railing at everyone through the megaphone :rofl89:

I could get down for some Mean Gene Okerlund.

Man, I wanna buy Jim Acosta a beer.  Dude has been on point since day one.  Trolling 'em with facts. :ols:

As far as the Trump saluting the General thing. Put me in the same boat as "meh...whatever" however yes, if Obama had done it, it would basically be 24/7 coverage on Fox about him committing treason or some other sign of weakness blah blah blah.

When it comes to the "separating children from their parents" immigration issue.  Am I wrong in thinking that the President unilaterally has the power to tell the DOJ/ICE to stop enforcing that part of the law, sort of like Obama told the DOJ to stop raiding Wellness centers?   It's real slimy the way Trump is trying to blame Democrats and even more slimy the way The Huckster tries to regurgitate it. 

Archived