Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

11 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Just out of curiosity, why did they decide today that manafort couldn’t get out on bail? 

He already had a hearing scheduled for 6/15. He violated the terms of house arrest (don't **** up again ?).

House arrest revoked. Pretty explanatory. 

9 hours ago, visionary said:

Btw, I hired a handyman the other day because of two stickers on his truck...one was a pride flag. 

The other was a Vietnam veteran sticker. I honked, asked him to pull over, and we chatted. He's both. And I'm absolutely thrilled that some stuff I can't do will get handled. ✌

5 hours ago, visionary said:

Well, the quote didn't really sound like he was actually threatening to send 25 million Mexicans to Japan, more like "if I sent 25 million Mexicans to you, you'd have a big problem too" so the headline took it a little out of context I think.

That being said, it was such a ridiculous and idiotic thing to say, not to mention him (completely unsurprisingly) basically talking about Mexican people like they were cattle and not humans. The other **** he said was stupid and insane as well (telling Macron that all the terrorists are in Paris). He seriously does sound like an 8 year old in a room full of adults. 

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Well, the quote didn't really sound like he was actually threatening to send 25 million Mexicans to Japan, more like "if I sent 25 million Mexicans to you, you'd have a big problem too" so the headline took it a little out of context I think.

I've been noticing a good bit of this lately.  Taking something dumb he says and then twisting it to make it even dumber.  I feel like people need to be calling this out also.  Otherwise, it just fuels the "fake news" narrative.

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I've been noticing a good bit of this lately.  Taking something dumb he says and then twisting it to make it even dumber.  I feel like people need to be calling this out also.  Otherwise, it just fuels the "fake news" narrative.

Agreed. The stuff he actually says, with context included, is plenty dumb/irresponsible/offensive without anyone twisting it further. 

I would add this bit of context to make the point Trump doesn't know what he is talking about a little clearer:  Of the countries at that summit, the U.S. has the smallest problem when it comes to an aging workforce.  My guess is the smart leaders from the countries would have immediately countered his brash, off the cuff comment by simply asking how many they would be able to employ like our agriculture industry does because they too have industries in need of labor? 

It's just...such a bad statement even if couched in a hypothetical.

1) There are only about 11M illegal immigrants in the US, so what is this 25M number?  He's basically insulting tons of legal immigrants suggesting they cause problems.

2) That's dumb because immigrants are generally self-sufficient and create more value than take.

3) He's implying all illegal (and legal) Hispanic immigrants are Mexicans, so...at least a little racist.

48 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

It's just...such a bad statement even if couched in a hypothetical.

1) There are only about 11M illegal immigrants in the US, so what is this 25M number?  He's basically insulting tons of legal immigrants suggesting they cause problems.

2) That's dumb because immigrants are generally self-sufficient and create more value than take.

3) He's implying all illegal (and legal) Hispanic immigrants are Mexicans, so...at least a little racist.

Oh, no doubt the statement was awful and stupid in multiple ways as I noted in my response to it. Which is sort of the point...there's really no reason to try and twist it further into him somehow "threatening" to send 25 million Mexicans to Japan. It was already awful and stupid enough on its own. 

And yeah, he basically just pulled a number out of his ass. And I definitely noticed how he didn't say anything about illegal or legal immigrants. He just said "Mexicans", which implies that they're all the same and all expendable and all essentially worthless. Which is not only insanely racist but it is insanely wrong. It's also something I think he truly believes.

I really don't think there's a bottom to how horrible he is. Or if there is, we haven't seen it yet and I think we're probably a long way off from it.

2 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

1) There are only about 11M illegal immigrants in the US, so what is this 25M number?

The answer is in his target audience. 

They have to get the base out to vote in a few months. 

More likely Trump just pulled a number out of his ass. He gets waaaaay too much credit like the **** he says is carefully calculated.

The answer is in his base though. Like when he said John McCain was only a hero because he got caught and then his poll numbers went up (among “Republicans”). He just shoots off his ignorant, hateful little mouth and his ignorant, hateful followers eat it all up.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

To be fair, I think Trump actually does work harder at golf than he does at being POTUS.

And he cheats. 

Bobby Jones thought that if you're going to play golf, "some effort should go into playing it correctly". He retired as an amateur at age 29 to be a full-time attorney. 

Let that sink in. 

Okay, I have to ask...wtf is QIA, and how many ****ing letters of the alphabet does the community formerly known as LGBT need?

Also, by their own standards, if you call yourself bisexual, isn't that a bigoted term because it means you believe there are only two sexes?

Archived