Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Are they clean bills to do the same thing as the Dems bill? 

According to npr Ted Cruz has a clean bill supposedly ready to go

i didn’t believe them either but they themselves said they were surprised and went over how he’s got a safe election coming up. 

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

According to npr Ted Cruz has a clean bill supposedly ready to go

i didn’t believe them either but they themselves said they were surprised and went over how he’s got a safe election coming up. 

What's stopping him from supporting the Dems bill then? 

White House has reportedly announced they will not accept any clean bill. They will only consider a bill with wall funding.

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

gamesmanship.

Ted Cruz offering a clean bill could also be the GOP's attempt to distance themselves from the President on this issue.  They probably know full well that Trump is not going to sign a clean bill, so they can write up a clean bill anyway so when the time comes for re-election they can claim that they broke from the White House on this issue out of general compassion. 

That is the cynical part of me thinking out loud, but in this day & age it seems reasonable to assume it is true.

I'm sure he will be glad to explain to you, but I suspect it is the get out of jail free nature of the Fienstien bill that adds more bureaucracy and allows state courts reign over federal matters. 

But I did just skim hers and never went to Harvard.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

White House has reportedly announced they will not accept any clean bill. They will only consider a bill with wall funding.

That's been pretty clear from the start.

Congress played games by passing a budget that gave support for border security (but not in any way Trump campaigned on, instead only on ways they were already doing)

So now Trump is forcing them to do something about it.

Or...maybe Cruz's bill calls for family detention centers being built..by private contractors...who bankroll him (just a speculation)... 

NPR said it involved hiring a ton of judges (650 i think?) and that the family detention centers were only for temporary use to see a judge.

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

Congress should pass a bill with funding for a wall provided it is paid for by Mexico. Anything else would be undermining the President and his campaign promise.

Paid up front by their own will. No "we're going to do x, y, and z and that'll be the same thing as them funding it"

Archived