Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

He’s just outright admitting he’s elite and his dumb**** morons don’t even notice or skip a bit from their years of being trained to hate the elite 

His own frail ego couldn't take back seat to anything, even if it meant totally admitting that he's something he himself has railed against in rallies to gin up his base. He just couldn't bear the thought that someone else was considered "better" than him in some way. What a dip****.

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Is it unfair to point out that Trump put together a cabinet of old rich white men and the world immediately began to fall apart? 

It is partly unfair, yes.  There are plenty of old rich white men of good character and competency out there.  But one of Trump's myriad problems is that when he measures the worthiness of a man, wealth is at the top of his list. Little else matters after that. Money is the way he keeps score in life. 

7 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

It is partly unfair, yes.  There are plenty of old rich white men of good character and competency out there.  But one of Trump's myriad problems is that when he measures the worthiness of a man, wealth is at the top of his list. Little else matters after that. Money is the way he keeps score in life. 

And sychophantic loyalty to him, which is where the competent get weeded out.

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

Is it unfair to point out that Trump put together a cabinet of old rich white men and the world immediately began to fall apart? 

Shall we start putting a list together of failed/corrupt/bad governments and attribute it to their race?

(i imagine most government leaders are rich, even if through corrupt means)

46 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I love Amazon and online sellers..but i think this is the right choice.

Phew.

Glad I bought my fiance's ring when I did.  That's a several hundred dollar hit I do not need.

Funny how online stuff works.  If we bought the ring in the physical store in Georgetown, it was like 400 more than if I ordered it to be delivered from my couch 10 miles south in Shirlington.

So yes, probably the right decision but dang did I enjoy it while it lasted.

It does put the onus on online retailers because many addresses  have different tax rates as little as 1/8% difference between them even if they are in the same county/state.

Coding the checkout process to account for those differences (for mom/pop sellers online) will probably be a burden.

57 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I love Amazon and online sellers..but i think this is the right choice.

Amazon has already been collecting sales tax. It's third party sellers are the ones who will be impacted.

I wonder if this impacts my books on Amazon? Will people who buy A Halo of Mushrooms or A Climbing Stock suddenly be taxed?

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Amazon has already been collecting sales tax. It's third party sellers are the ones who will be impacted.

I wonder if this impacts my books on Amazon? Will people who buy A Halo of Mushrooms or A Climbing Stock suddenly be taxed?

They may already be. Digital goods are already taxed in some states. Not sure if ebooks fall into that realm though. 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

It does put the onus on online retailers because many addresses  have different tax rates as little as 1/8% difference between them even if they are in the same county/state.

Coding the checkout process to account for those differences (for mom/pop sellers online) will probably be a burden.

or did the court just ok the state tax, not local?

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

IMO, the solution that would be best for society would be a federal law (interstate commerce clause) mandating that mail order/online retailers are responsible for determining the STATE of the shipping address, and collecting the appropriate tax, but don’t have to know every single city limit. 

Archived