Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

It was a decent episode. About what I expected to happen. Ezekiel is going to just go from openly opposing war to breaking out the war drum in one night. But he'll get on board before the season is over. I also think Carol will come back once Morgan tells her what happened to Abe and Glenn. 

10 hours ago, Springfield said:

Ugh.  I'm too invested to give up now.

The whole zombie horde with the explosives scene was hack.  Terribly acted hack.  I shook my head and sighed multiple times.

Now we get yet another group I guess.  Awesome.  More people who don't matter.

the acting is getting progressively worse somehow

i fully expected Darryl or Rick to just burst out laughing after some of their "serious" moments

I enjoyed it. A little more upbeat..even a joke here and there...

"Oh..I forgot to mention.."

"The tiger?  We see".

I do have a few questions

1- You all saw that there was someone else in the car with Gabiral right?  

2- Why do the saviors not leave a "Governor" or "Ambassador" or something in the communities to prevent plot against them?  Not hard - "This is our guy.  You hurt him we hurt you"

3 - I didnt get the herd scene. Perhaps i'm just slow.  Why did they move the cars back (Which caused them to split up briefly?)  How did those cars even start AND have gas in the tanks? Wouldnt the saviors had sucked the gas out?  

1: No

2: Wondered that myself, but Negan doesn't seem real bright.

3: the two cars would add to the fireball , just as the gas cans/propane tanks

Kinda hokey scene but I was glad to see some mass killing ingenuity finally....and some walkers.:silly:

2 minutes ago, twa said:

1: No

2: Wondered that myself, but Negan doesn't seem real bright.

3: the two cars would add to the fireball , just as the gas cans/propane tanks

Kinda hokey scene but I was glad to see some mass killing ingenuity finally....and some walkers.:silly:

Exactly. The why doesn't matter. What matters is the screen got sprayed with undead guts

1 hour ago, TMK9973 said:

I enjoyed it. A little more upbeat..even a joke here and there...

"Oh..I forgot to mention.."

"The tiger?  We see".

I do have a few questions

1- You all saw that there was someone else in the car with Gabiral right?  

2- Why do the saviors not leave a "Governor" or "Ambassador" or something in the communities to prevent plot against them?  Not hard - "This is our guy.  You hurt him we hurt you"

3 - I didnt get the herd scene. Perhaps i'm just slow.  Why did they move the cars back (Which caused them to split up briefly?)  How did those cars even start AND have gas in the tanks? Wouldnt the saviors had sucked the gas out?  

1.  Yes, at the end of the opening scene, someone pops up in the front seat beside Gabriel, appeared they were ducked down hiding in the front seat.

2.  They don't have to, they are already feared.  Alexandria is big, Kingdom is big, Hilltop is small though in comparison.  Having someone there isn't going to stop them from plotting against Negan.  There are ways to plot against him with a Savior being stationed there (e.g. out on supply runs that go to Negan, etc.), he can't be everywhere at once and he can't keep everyone isolated to their homes, etc. or they wouldn't be able to get supplies, etc. for Negan to pay him off.

3.  So right at the beginning of that scene they see the two rows of cars blocking access to continue down the road and they point out that they can see Negan's complex and they must not want people coming down the road.  They moved two cars and drove the SUV they were in further down the road where it merged with other lanes.  The cars they moved were not started, just put in neutral and pushed out of the way.  They move them back because they don't want the Saviors to know they were out that way.  They then look behind them on the part of the interstate that their lanes merged into and saw the explosives.  They drove over to that area to get the explosives.  The heard then starts coming from the direction of the complex, they hot wired the cars and took out all the walkers they could to get back to the SUV and get out.  

As TWA said, leaving gas in the cars was most likely to make them part of the big bomb.  As to why they were going in the direction towards Negan's complex, well, it was a major interstate/highway, so I'm guessing they were going to drop off Jesus and Sasha back to Hilltop or to do some scouting.  Rick asked them if they could make it back to Hilltop on foot from there and they said yes and took off running.  

Edit:  Or as Riggo said, it could have been the Saviors getting sloppy, thus leaving gas in the cars.  Though, I'd argue that leaving gas in the tanks would add to the explosion doing more damage.  No gas in the tanks, still a huge explosion though.  

Yeah, looking forward to Carol going beast mode.  She'll hear about Glenn and it should make for a great scene when she confronts Ezekiel, tells him to grow a set and fight. (presumably, she's the only one that knows he's just a former zookeeper putting on an act.)

Father Gabe surely looks to be forced into what he's doing, and left some bread crumbs for Rick to find him.  

15 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

1.  Yes, at the end of the opening scene, someone pops up in the front seat beside Gabriel, appeared they were ducked down hiding in the front seat.

Edit:  Or as Riggo said, it could have been the Saviors getting sloppy, thus leaving gas in the cars.  Though, I'd argue that leaving gas in the tanks would add to the explosion doing more damage.  No gas in the tanks, still a huge explosion though.  

Robert Kirkman on Talking Dead said the Saviors drove the cars there, and left gas in them--I believe he said as part of the bomb, but it was late. The sloppiness I was referring to was not leaving a lackey like that POS Simon or Dwight. I think it would be unfortunate, though, if Negan had to leave a garrison there...

As for the opening scene, did we forget about this guy?

584e6954aca05921008b46aa-1129

I have no problem with them taking over a trash compound.  Who is going to think there is a small army of people hiding/living there and if you did, most likely you wouldn't think they had anything of value.  Keeps walkers and people like the Saviors away.  

What I didn't like the most was the way the leader talked, not in complete sentences.  How many years have they been in the apocalypse now?  Using Judith (though we all know she appears to age slower than any baby in the history of time/space), I'd say based on the episode where Negan was holding her she was about 1 year old.  So, lets say since Rick woke up from his coma, 2 years have passed (finding Lori/Carl/Shane - 1-2 months), 9 month pregnancy (assume Shane knocked her up days before Rick showed up), and now Judith is 1 year old, maybe one or two months older than 1, so roughly 2 years have gone by.

That's a pretty short time to have people speaking like they were born in a cave post apocalypse and had minimal contact with the outside world for 20+ years (guessing the leaders age).  It's been two years, and it's making them look like some primitive post apocalyptic tribe.  

Not to mention, such short time for everything that has happened starting with the first camp, the farm, the prison, terminus, Alexandria, The Wolves, Negan, Kingdom, Hilltop, all-woman camp/compound and now dumpster divers.

Not complaining at all, I still love the show and will watch it regardless of how bad it gets/could get.  But the one thing I loved about the show initially was it was not your typical zombie show/movie (full of cheese, fun, etc.- with exception to Glenn Houdini).  It was post apocalyptic survival of the fittest, serious, action packed, etc.  Zombies/walkers were the main threat at first, but became a side threat with our biggest worry/threat being our fellow man.  

Archived