Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Battle scene threw me off. Sasha busts out the casket and jumps on Negan. Rick's people open up, taking out what seemed like a good amount of saviors. Then the dumpster lady kicks him off the stand and 10 sec later they have Carl surrounded somehow.. And everybody else has surrendered. Didn't they have the upper hand?

7 hours ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

Battle scene threw me off. Sasha busts out the casket and jumps on Negan. Rick's people open up, taking out what seemed like a good amount of saviors. Then the dumpster lady kicks him off the stand and 10 sec later they have Carl surrounded somehow.. And everybody else has surrendered. Didn't they have the upper hand?

I'm still trying to figure out how the horse got in.

I think people overestimate how clearly a human being thinks during an emergency situation. When all hell has broken loose and every faction in the engagement is confused, anything can happen.

That said, if Negan were the brutal ruler he claims to be, he should've just enslaved the Alexandrians already, publicly executed any he thinks harbor intractably rebellious thoughts, and taken over the compound as luxury condos. Either he's supposed to be a chump deep down, or he's supposed to be the big bad but the imperative to have the main characters survive makes the writers jump though hoops to keep them alive.  My guess is the latter, but the impact is that they slip further down the slope of any given situation feeling less dramatic than it might. 

On the other hand, they're trying to somewhat follow the comics from what I understand. I think that brings up stylistic choices which are fine in and of themselves but wear thin for a 7- season series moreso than for a few Ironman movies. In a comic book there's nothing wrong with having an 8-foot tiger save the day if you want to. In a TV series that's aiming for genuine drama it (and all the cheesy lines this week) feel out of place. 

35 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I find it funny, some people refuse to be entertained by this show. I loved last nights episode. The tiger pouncing was just good TV. My wife kept asking where Shiva was at the end.

I love the show.  There are times I wish it would move faster, instead of added build-up episodes, but I get the need for build-up.  Like the episode with Rick/Michone at the carnival, lots complained, I thought it was one of the best episodes this season.  

I think a lot of people forget at times that we are watching a show about surviving a zombie apocalypse.  Key word, ZOMBIE.  

Just now, Springfield said:

There was one zombie last night.  One.

While that may be true, that wasn't my point.  I hear people talking about the show, friends posting on FB about it, etc., talking about it being cheesy now like the entire show wasn't about a zombie apocalypse.  

Outside of some flicks, the vast majority of zombie movies/shows are cheesy, funny, etc.  Which is the point of my post.  TWD did a really great job of taking the cheese out (not entirely - but very small doses, like Glenn always surviving sure death) of the show and creating a drama that focused on the survival of mankind and making it as realistic as possible.  

And it's gotten to the point where some people (generally speaking, not anyone on here specifically) are complaining about every little thing, or saying the show is cheesy, getting stupid now, etc........but forgetting the whole time that they are complaining/critiquing a show about zombies in the first place.  

That is what amuses me when I read comments in an article about the show, or friends of mine Facebook posts, etc.  And it's not that people can't like the show or can't get tired of it, I'm talking more about people that critique the acting, story, etc.  Like the tiger scene, it was cheesy, but I loved it.  

It's just that the story telling has fallen off.  I'm still moderately entertained.  What drew me in at the beginning was that there was some mystique to it.  There was a desire to find out more.  More about the outbreak, more about the characters.  There were surprises in the story.

All that is pretty much gone.

I think part of the problem is, from the time Glenn and Abe got their melons smashed, to the season finally, there was a lot of nothingness. It seems to be a big set up for season 8. I still enjoy the show, I don't care that cars still run, that the grass is always cut and that Carl is still alive (this isn't really true, but I had to put something after the and.)

43 minutes ago, Yohan said:

I think part of the problem is, from the time Glenn and Abe got their melons smashed, to the season finally, there was a lot of nothingness. It seems to be a big set up for season 8. I still enjoy the show, I don't care that cars still run, that the grass is always cut and that Carl is still alive (this isn't really true, but I had to put something after the and.)

Yeah, I agree with this. The biggest issue with this season is zero intrigue. We all knew how it would play out, just way too obvious. They introduced all of these new communities. And all of them have either been victimized by the Saviors, or currently being extorted by them. Anyone can see where this was going. They would all create alliances to take on the Saviors. That could've been done in 3-4 episodes, it didn't need to be a full season. What was the season finale, really should've been the mid-season finale. Just too much filler, and it seemed like only half the season Negan was even on screen. 

I did enjoy the episode....

but...

very convenient that the saviors put her in a coffin... she must have known that all along to come up with her plan to have privacy to walkerize herself....

how does the tiger know who to kill and not to kill? She's trained to sniff out saviors?

but the war should be fun...

On 4/3/2017 at 0:14 PM, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Was glad Rick finally got his balls back. 

Now if he could just find some brains to go with them.  (Hmmm maybe that is why he has survived so long in the zombie Apocalypse - no brains). 

On 4/7/2017 at 1:55 PM, USS Redskins said:

I did enjoy the episode....

but...

very convenient that the saviors put her in a coffin... she must have known that all along to come up with her plan to have privacy to walkerize herself....

how does the tiger know who to kill and not to kill? She's trained to sniff out saviors?

but the war should be fun...

561760.gif?b64lines=IElOIEVQSVNPREUgQkYx

• 6 months later...

Archived