Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

13 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I guess i can see that angle but it's tough for me to wrap my brain around seeing something i know to be false but try to look at it from someone elses perspective. 

For some, with all the "Glen avoiding sure death" moments, I get that it might be hard to do that.  But I even looked at those scenes differently than most, I always thought it was more of a shout out to the "cheesy" zombie films.  Most zombie movies/shows have that cheesy aspect to them, which is what makes them fun/great in their own right.  

Where The Walking Dead, while a zombie show, took a more realistic approach to how a real zombie apocalypse would most likely go down (not only surviving the zombies themselves, but also rebuilding civilization and surviving your fellow humans).  And I think that's why most grew tired of seeing Glen escape sure death, because it was slightly out of place.  

The junkyard people don't bother me at all.  Think about what kinds of people you currently find hanging out in a junkyard and then which people are going to naturally go to a junkyard when the outbreak occurs.   It isn't going to be your educated, well speaking gentry.  More like Zoony and his ilk. 

I think the faux Rick death was all about Michonnes emtional reaction to it. Which in turn set up their "I could lose you, you could lose me" when fighting the saviors conversation in the car afterward. 

Im intrigued about Tara finally telling Rick about the Oceanside group. 

6 minutes ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

I think the faux Rick death was all about Michonnes emtional reaction to it. Which in turn set up their "I could lose you, you could lose me" when fighting the saviors conversation in the car afterward. 

Im intrigued about Tara finally telling Rick about the Oceanside group. 

She done ****ed up, A-Aron

8 hours ago, Springfield said:

I guess this episode was to get Morgan back on the crazy train?  Cause nothing happened.

Yeah i was trying to figure out why a pacifist would feel that negan doesn't deserve to die but someone who made a calculated error in an attempt to be a martyr to the cause does, but i guess the crazy part will have to be my explanation. 

Either way I'd have rather they went a different way with that one, i liked his character and thought he could have been a bad ass in the big showdown. 

Yet another week where the writing was painfully predictable. 

When they started talking about a girl Benjamin might be interested in, i knew right then and there he wasn't gonna make it out of this episode.

It really takes away from the experience when you can always tell ahead of time what's  going to happen. 

15 hours ago, redskinss said:

Yeah i was trying to figure out why a pacifist would feel that negan doesn't deserve to die but someone who made a calculated error in an attempt to be a martyr to the cause does, but i guess the crazy part will have to be my explanation. 

Either way I'd have rather they went a different way with that one, i liked his character and thought he could have been a bad ass in the big showdown. 

Yet another week where the writing was painfully predictable. 

When they started talking about a girl Benjamin might be interested in, i knew right then and there he wasn't gonna make it out of this episode.

It really takes away from the experience when you can always tell ahead of time what's  going to happen. 

As soon as you see him hug his little brother you know he's toast. 

20 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Before, I thought Eugene was just playing the Saviors.  Now I think he really prefers them.

I think it could go either way. He could be trying to play the really long game and knows that his disappearance would cause more problems than it solves unless Negan actually does die. (Which clearly he won't.)

Or he could feel like this is the first place he's been important ever in his life. 

Either way Sasha and Rosita's plan is frustratingly arrogant and selfish.

I may be the contrarian here, but I really enjoyed the last two episodes.

We know what's coming: There's a storm a brewing, and Rick is the eye of that storm, but he needs that storm to grow large and powerful before descending on the Saviors. Last week brought crazy Morgan and committed Carol back into the fray, and this week Daryl got to clear his head about the Glenn thing. With that three headed Hydra of vengeful fury leading the charge, Neegan, who seems to be getting a little cushy, and the Saviors, have no idea of the hellfire about to rain down on them.

Last week was about transformation and realization. Carol realized she can't get away from her past and the insanity of the world as it is now by hiding out alone. Morgan thought he'd found some peace, and a surrogate son in Benjamin only to have that too stripped away. Last straw. Morgan snaps back to wild man, but kills the offender in front of Ezekiel et al to bring them to the realization that they are at a point where it is now kill, or be killed.

This weeks episode was more about introspection. Daryl and Maggie help each other find some solace, and get their minds right. Sasha and Rosita come to a mutual understanding, but Sasha, who's had a death wish for some time, forces the call. I'll be shocked if the shadow guy isn't Dwight, and expect him to and Rosita to become a thing. That will be the final piece to the puzzle. To have Dwight working from the inside, yet finding the love he'd lost with Rosita. 

Interested to to see how the confrontation between Rick and Co. and Oceanside plays out. Will he attempt to parlay, or just roll in and say, "You can join us in destrying the Saviors, light out on your own, or go down in flames, but whatever your choice, these guns are ours."

Walking dead is falling into the 2 dimensional villain trap again.  They've gotten away with it before, but it's a real problem because the saviors are getting too much screen time.  They're basically the bikers as Hollywood sees them, dirty jerks looking to find people to **** with... but hollywood tends to quickly dispatch them.  

Eugene has basically survived up to this point being a fraud.  He's been of little actual use to anyone he's come into contact with. It's been mostly due to pity that people keep giving him chances.  I wouldn't doubt that he's choosing to stay with the saviors for now simply because he thinks it's his bet bet to stay alive while they have the upper hand in the world.

Last night's episode was good. 

I think Sasha is as good as dead next week. 

I like looking at Cindy from Oceanside, glad she's of age too. 

Really not much else to say. This season hasn't been as good as previous ones. I think the lack of interest in this thread is evidence of that. 

Yeah, I thought last night's episode was good too.

Sasha had a crazed look on her face after Eugene gave her the death pill....

Now that Oceanside and that story arc has come back to show, not that he was a major character, but I do wonder whatever happened to the tall dreadlock dude.

It's just the same stuff over and over.

Last night's episode was good, but it wasn't compelling.  It moved the plot, but to what end? Do I even care what happens at this point?

I will, of course, continue to watch.  We will see what happens and barring anything striking, I'll keep on feeling that this show is petering out.

37 minutes ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

Now that Oceanside and that story arc has come back to show, not that he was a major character, but I do wonder whatever happened to the tall dreadlock dude.

Plot wise, he's still "missing". But off camera, the actor is the lead character in the new 24 series and if that is a ratings success we'll probably never know what happened to his TWD character. If it gets canceled, like Morgan's actor, he'll back on the show next season. 

Archived