Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Well...it was somewhat better if only because it was singularly focused on the kingdom being massacred rather than hopping around erratically like the past couple episodes. 

Carol goes full Batman and hides in the ceiling tile in the 20 seconds it takes for the guy to walk down the hallway. What the hell was this? Seriously, when did she become Batman? 

Then she inexplicably doesn’t shoot the guys at the truck when all their backs are turned and waits until they all scatter and are paying attention to start a gunfight. 

Somehow big lumbering Joey makes it 200yards away sneaking up on Zeke and the savior unnoticed. 

Carol refuses to shoot a few rounds in to thin the walker group out and save Sheva. 

Weak ass walkers inexplicably hold down a 500lb majestic tiger that waits patiently to die. What a dumb way for that awesome tiger to die. Would rather the damn thing just have been killed by the 50cal with the rest of the kingdom. At least she would have died with some damn dignity 

Guy on truck has worst aim in the history of aiming. Just don’t even have him back there shooting if it’s going to be that unrealistic and bad. That whole chase scene was just embarrassing 

Fully expect Ezekiel to shave his head the next time we see him. He’s going mental. 

They don’t even try anymore. Hopefully this time skip preview thing from the 1st episode is legit. They can use it as a hard reset/reboot on this franchise. 

New directors, recast some roles like Carl so they can be bigger parts and not have everyone hate them. Go back to the grittier realism of season 1-2. 

I wonder if they think raw action is what will keep people watching. I can't remember there ever being this many scenes with hailstorms of bullets ricocheting all over the place. 

Remember when everybody thought they were going to have to conserve ammo? I guess the writers decided that was inconvenient. 

Even my wife, who has been a diehard fan, is starting to see the writing on the wall. If she gives up on the show it means they've lost their core audience. 

Better than the last few episodes, but I didn't like Lil Waco getting diced by that axe. That looked like something I'd buy for my nephew at a Dollar General if he kept asking me for a toy and ended up pissing me off.

And of course it breaks off picking a lock. Director must be a Last of Us fan

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Better than the last few episodes, but I didn't like Lil Waco getting diced by that axe. That looked like something I'd buy from my nephew at a Dollar General if he kept asking me for a toy and ended up pissing me off. 

I noticed the same thing.  Looked like a $15 joint from a lumberyard.  

The shootouts have been so corny.  The sounds, the lack of any recoil from the rifles.  The CGI bulletholes.  Just awful.  

Zeke talking like a preacher in a Tyler Perry movie is getting really old, I hope last night's humble pie allows him to communicate like a normal person.  

I think a large part of the problem is that, as far as I know anyway, their is no end goal for the show.  the comic has no end goal, but the show probably should

without knowing where they're headed, it seems like the writers are spinning their wheels.  then that material is given to less than good actors and you get what we're seeing.

I read an article that while this season is seeing low ratings (comparable to season 3), but even if they average half the number of viewers from when it peaked that it would still be a ton more than their next most viewed show (Fear The Walking Dead - average 1-2 million viewers per episode) and still be the #1 show on the network.

It also said that they don't expect it to go anywhere anytime soon, because of that.  With that said, I don't think it should go on past season 8 (or 9 if they drag out the Negan story line).  It needs to end after the Negan conflict.  But they won't do that, they are going to milk it for all they can.

The only way they could continue after the Negan conflict, imo, would be to kill off Rick and others and start with a fresh cast and focus say 10-15 years into the future on the rebuilding of society and government in the post apocalyptic world and show how the rest of the world was impacted, etc.  But they won't do that either.

11 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

Remember when everybody thought they were going to have to conserve ammo? I guess the writers decided that was inconvenient. 

Let's see we know we have somebody pinned down behind a truck. Nobody flank her lets just endlessly spray the truck full of 600 bullet holes and see if we can hit her. That is probably the best strategy. 

Like she's ducked down not even in sight and they are blast the bed of the truck for ****s and giggles. 

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I read an article that while this season is seeing low ratings (comparable to season 3), but even if they average half the number of viewers from when it peaked that it would still be a ton more than their next most viewed show (Fear The Walking Dead - average 1-2 million viewers per episode) and still be the #1 show on the network.

It also said that they don't expect it to go anywhere anytime soon, because of that.  With that said, I don't think it should go on past season 8 (or 9 if they drag out the Negan story line).  It needs to end after the Negan conflict.  But they won't do that, they are going to milk it for all they can.

The only way they could continue after the Negan conflict, imo, would be to kill off Rick and others and start with a fresh cast and focus say 10-15 years into the future on the rebuilding of society and government in the post apocalyptic world and show how the rest of the world was impacted, etc.  But they won't do that either.

It's a cash cow so it's definitely not going anywhere. I think the All Out War is resolved this season and then we get the time jump to them sort of rebuilding society as we saw in the flash forward/dream scenario.

It at least allows them to create new stories as an actual established society and see what comes of that. Taking on new characters, expanding the world into DC or somewhere else. They can create new stories, recast some roles (CARL PLEASE), introduce new characters. 

They really really need to drop Gimble and bring on a new director too if they do that. Use the time jump as a chance to start fresh, a hard reboot. You know these characters and you've seen them evolve and grow to this point. Now here are they are 5 yrs later or some other skip. I heard on a podcast it was suggested they could even brand this TWD Volume 2.  

They need to do something similar because otherwise...it's just not going to end well. 

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

I think a large part of the problem is that, as far as I know anyway, their is no end goal for the show.  the comic has no end goal, but the show probably should

without knowing where they're headed, it seems like the writers are spinning their wheels.  then that material is given to less than good actors and you get what we're seeing.

Agreed.

Was actually thinking last night about how much better the show could be if it wasn't tied to the comics at this point

51 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I dont read the comics but Im sure some here do.  Without revealing spoilers, are the comics similar in "credibility" at thos point in the story?

different mediums allow for differing levels of "credibility"

i find it easier to let things slide in comics that I wouldn't in a television show

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I dont read the comics but Im sure some here do.  Without revealing spoilers, are the comics similar in "credibility" at thos point in the story?

Yes a lot of the same things happen in the same way. For example Shiva from last night. Some of the deaths are changed but it seems to follow the story pretty closely. 

The problem as mentioned above is that one is a comic so it's ok to have unrealistic situations occur an the other is a TV show that started out rooted in a measure of realism that has since been tossed out the window. 

Spoiler

The overall AOW plot with Negan and even the upcoming time jump after the war are following the comics pretty closely. 

Yeah that was easily the best episode of the season. The personal character interactions as they deal with the **** around them has always been the best part of the show. 

Great stuff from Negan and Gabe. Enjoyed the Rick/Daryl scene as well fighting like brothers. Choke holds are illegal lol. 

No idea what is going on with the helicopter. 

Also, what was the blood on the bag from? Did Dwight frame Eugene or did Eugene notice the paint on that bad and realize Dwight was the one that gave the bag with the gun to the workers? 

On 11/13/2017 at 11:06 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

Agreed.

Was actually thinking last night about how much better the show could be if it wasn't tied to the comics at this point

I also agree, especially since I’ve been following the comics and the quality took a nosedive around this point. 

I will not spoil anything, but the comics got so ridiculously bad I can’t imagine how they expect to do the second half of this season, as well as the next story arc, and not have the audience laughing. 

I 100% blame the drop in the quality of the show on Kirkman. It was around this time in him writing the stories that the show really took off. IMO, he stopped trying to write quality stories and just went for shock value nonsense. 

Tonight’s episode wasn’t as bad as the previous ones this season. I was genuinely interested in the group dynamics of Negan’s lieutenants. I would’ve rather Gabriel been killed though. Like, how many times are they going to take one of Rick’s people hostage and it not work out the way they thought?History shows there is a 66% chance it’s not going to work out the way you want. It would’ve been better to me if Gabriel helped. Negan get through the walkers and Negan says something like,”you never learn, do you?”(in reference to him calling him stupid for saving and then getting left by hilltop dude).Then let’s Gabriel get ate up by the walkers. 

26 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I noticed that too. Couldn't figure it out, but at least gathered that they are both up to something.

I don’t think it was blood on the bag, it was the paint Dwight used on his chess pieces. Eugene got the paint on his hands while checking out his chess set earlier, then saw the same paint on the bag the workers had with their guns. 

Archived