Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Yeah that dumbed down way of talking from those people is absolutely stupid, like it was actually making me mad, wtf are they doing.  The only thing you're supposed to suspend your disbelief about is the fact that zombies exist  (they even sort of explain how it's possible at the CDC episode), then after that, everything is believable in such a world, THATS why people like the show.

Then they meet people that talk like cavemen from another planet, just wtf "show him the up up up"....

THE UP UP UP??? Did children write this??

It's not unrealistic to think that speech patterns can be affected by traumatic experiences, bouts of isolation, or maybe the person's speech was always like that, because of some mental deficiency

I think the real issue is that people simply no longer enjoy the show, but haven't fully accepted that yet, so the next best thing is to simply complain after every other episode.

I've watched a lot of shows that many people swear by historically, and many of them had filler episodes, or outright crap episodes, and many of the shows weren't all that great to begin with anyway.

Like I said before, it's a show in its 7th season. It could have the greatest acting in the world and people would still have a problem with it.

39 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's not unrealistic to think that speech patterns can be affected by traumatic experiences, bouts of isolation, or maybe the person's speech was always like that, because of some mental deficiency

I think the real issue is that people simply no longer enjoy the show, but haven't fully accepted that yet, so the next best thing is to simply complain after every other episode.

I've watched a lot of shows that many people swear by historically, and many of them had filler episodes, or outright crap episodes, and many of the shows weren't all that great to begin with anyway.

Like I said before, it's a show in its 7th season. It could have the greatest acting in the world and people would still have a problem with it.

I don't have a problem with the show, they can jump the shark and I'll still watch it until it is no more.  

Probably should have elaborated a bit more, but when they first meet her and talk, it was pretty much just normal people talking, then it started becoming broken sentences and then sometimes it wasn't.  She said they had all been there since "the change" and it appears they have done well in staying hidden and safe from the outside and walkers and appear to be very organized.  

I felt like they wanted to make it seem like they were like some caveman cult, which I would think it would take longer for that to happen than 2 years.  They are isolated, but with each other.  I dunno, I'm not any expert on the human mind lol  It was just the one thing that seemed out of place in the episode.  

But regardless, I'll roll with it.

Yeah I mean I'm not speaking to anyone specific. Not saying it was a great episode (I have my own issues with the show). But I can certainly acknowledge that one's opinion of last night's episode can be viewed differently with some perspective.

Speaking of cult, the show could certainly use more of that. I think they got rid of the Wolves and Terminus cannibals a little too quickly. Some kind of demon cult that sacrifices scores of humans to the walkers would be cool for season 8. Or a group that figures out how to permanently camouflage themselves among them, and take out settlements using them as cannon fodder

26 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Based on Carl, it's been at least 4 years.  He was like 9 when Rick first found them.  He is in his mid to late teens now.  They have just butchered the aging of Judith. 

They also butchered the DC thing. It's clearly still Georgia, and they no longer even try to mention DC. . Maybe just hoping we all forget

29 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

They also butchered the DC thing. It's clearly still Georgia, and they no longer even try to mention DC. . Maybe just hoping we all forget

I think it's more that it's not relevant given the current situation with Negan. I could imagine a return to the idea of seeing what's up with the capital once they have dealt with Negan. 

On the other hand, they seem to follow the comics reasonably closely in terms of the big picture, so it probably depends on what happens in the comics. I haven't read anywhere near that far. 

I still love this show, and me and my wife still watch faithfully. But that junkyard scene was cringe worthy for the following reasons:

1) The obvious and horrible green screen behind Rick when they were standing on the trash mountain. It looked like something from Z Nation off Syfy channel. If that is what this show is gonna turn into I will definitely be checking out soon. 

2) As others have stated, the leader's ridiculous speech.

3) The even more ridiculous sequenced walking around the Alexandrians for like 2 minutes for no damn reason. 

I really hope the minimize how much we see of this group. I honestly don't want to see them again until RIck gets them the guns they want and they all die attacking the Savior compound. 

I did like the scene with Daryl and Carol, and Daryl and Morgan. Both Morgan and Daryl recognize that Carol is very fragile right now. Yeah, if they told her what happened to Glenn and Abe should be back there in The Kingdom convincing Ezekiel to fight. Or infiltrating the Savior compound and assassinating Negan. But doing so likely would break her permanently, and they'd never get her back. She will eventually join the fight, but when she's ready. 

48 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I still love this show, and me and my wife still watch faithfully. But that junkyard scene was cringe worthy for the following reasons:

1) The obvious and horrible green screen behind Rick when they were standing on the trash mountain. It looked like something from Z Nation off Syfy channel. If that is what this show is gonna turn into I will definitely be checking out soon. 

2) As others have stated, the leader's ridiculous speech.

3) The even more ridiculous sequenced walking around the Alexandrians for like 2 minutes for no damn reason. 

I really hope the minimize how much we see of this group. I honestly don't want to see them again until RIck gets them the guns they want and they all die attacking the Savior compound. 

I agree whole-heartedly with #1. I was really surprised to see that. 

I didn't mind #3 so much with one exception. On the plus side, it established the sort of "hive" mentality without something as obnoxious as the goofy speech. The problem I had with it was that the extras were clearly following the "don't look at the camera" rule, and yet the camera angle was such that it caught everyone's face. The result was that everyone had to adopt this awkward averted gaze. It might have been better shot from the side or at least at an oblique angle. 

I'm so invested that I can't give up but this show is no longer must watch TV and I find myself questioning every little thing.  The garbage pail kids were dumb.  The spiked zombie was dumb.  The King is dumb.

I guess it's really since the mid season break or there abouts since I've really started feeling this way.

Hey, what about the Wolves?  They lasted for like 3 episodes.

I guess we get the saviors next week and watch them turn ol' Nedry McGee into a follower of theirs.  Awesome waste of an episode.

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

All I know is, Jerry is fast becoming a new favorite character for me. That smile is infectious, and he is one person who seems to have been able to keep a positive outlook.

The actor who played him was on the Talking Dead this weekend, seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Some homeless people and hobos have weird speech patterns, it's probably mental illness.  But "bros" talk funny too, people come out of the closet and suddenly have the gay lisp, and there are kids in the suburbs driving dads benz that try to sound "urban".  Point is the weirdo garbage dump cultists talking funny wouldn't stand out in real zombie free life very much, if you really think about it.  Someone starts the group and the followers try to fit in 

The real question is how that shrike looking walker stood up with 80 pounds steel attached to his head.  Winslow was one tough zombie. 

<Cue calls for some publicist-written statement apologizing for calling stupid people stupid>

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/23/walking-dead-negan-t-shirt-controversy/

Walking Dead star slams T-shirt controversy: 'People are stupid'

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is shocked and stunned by The Walking Dead T-shirt controversy — shocked and stunned, that is, that anybody would find the shirt controversial in the first place.

To recap: U.K. department chain Primark pulled a Walking Dead T-shirt (image below) from its stores after a customer complained the clothing item is “racist” and “offensive.” The shirt featured Negan’s signature Lucille baseball bat and his victim-selecting rhyme, “Eeny meeny miny moe, catch a tiger by the toe…” The problem? About 100 years ago, that rhyme commonly used the N-word instead of “tiger.”

Morgan, sounding not entirely unlike his irate profane character on TV’s top-rated drama, tweeted:

The Primark customer who complained about the shirt told The Sheffield Star, “This image relates directly to the practice of assaulting black people in America … It is directly threatening of a racist assault, and if I were black and were faced by a wearer I would know just where I stood.” While Primark replied it was pulling the shirt from store shelves and issued a statement: “The T-shirt in question is licensed merchandise for the U.S. television series, The Walking Dead, and the quote and image are taken directly from the show. Any offense caused by its design was wholly unintentional and Primark sincerely apologizes for this.”

Archived