Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

For whatever reasons, ESPN Commanders page wasn't displaying any article for some months now. I did check and neither were other teams (some were even displaying soccer articles!).

And now, all of the sudden, it appeared right back!

Just like usual suspect, but all the opposite!

Incredible.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER! 

Tickets secured (thanks to @goskins10).  :headbang:

Anyone coming to Atlanta let us know! We can get together before the game.  And then during the game. Then if we win after the game!!  LOL   

Would be awesome to see some ESer' in Atlanta! Should be a good game. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I can't seem to find the thread for posting about uniforms, so I guess I'll "randomly" put it here:

Does anyone else miss jerseys with the numbers on the sleeves? I've noticed most teams have gone away from that traditional look. I've been watching a lot of games from the 80s on YouTube this summer, and the image of a football player from those days to today's players is like night and day. From the uniforms, to the pads, to the body styles. Something else I've noticed, which I had forgotten, was just how awesome Gibbs' special teams were back in the day. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

I find it funny (and sad) that reporters on Twitter say that a sting ended Young's night tonight, and all the replies are from fans who have no idea what a stinger is...

Well if they kept the bumblebees off the field we wouldn't have these kind of injuries.

• Haha 5

• Jumbo locked this topic

There are posts in here that are discussing "name change" which is a TOPIC , not a "random thought",  and a couple that include political content. 

Those are rule violations that qualify for a temp ban. 🙂

I'm going to lock this for a bit and delete those posts but any repeats or new first time offenders will get the penalty.

For the millionth time 😡😯😳, no posts in the stadium with any political content

And if there's ever actual movement on a name change,  A MOD will start a new thread on it.

🙂 🥰

• Like 1

• Jumbo unlocked this topic

My Dad didn't buy me a jersey until I was in high school and I asked for one for my birthday.

I've already gotten both my daughters Wizards and Commanders hoodie onsies before they were born.

I feel like I'm violated my Father's method of letting me choose myself to see if it's real or not.

But they so f'n cute, though... and flexible for different climates when they that size, too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

My Dad didn't buy me a jersey until I was in high school and I asked for one for my birthday.

I've already gotten both my daughters Wizards and Commanders hoodie onsies before they were born.

I feel like I'm violated my Father's method of letting me choose myself to see if it's real or not.

But they so f'n cute, though... and flexible for different climates when they that size, too.

Both my kids had onesies before they were born. My daughter came with me to a draft day party or something, and wanted a jersey, so she chose a Kerrigan jersey.  (There weren’t that many options for a 4 year old.  But I was happy with her choice. He was still on the team.)

Now both my kids have worn it. 

• Thumb up 2

On 8/19/2023 at 7:43 PM, Jumbo said:

There are posts in here that are discussing the "name change" which is a TOPIC , not a "random thought"  and a couple that include political content. 

Those are temp ban worthy situations. 🙂

I'm going to lock this for a bit and delete those posts but any repeats or new first time offenders will get the penalty.

For the millionth time you pea- brain infants in adult bodies 😡😯😳, no posts in the stadium with any political content, ans if there's ever known, actual, movement on a name change A MOD will start a new thread on it.

🙂 🥰

I came in here specifically to make a post about sounds at the game and make a name change post and I am so glad that this is the first post that I saw.

• Thumb up 1

I didn’t know to post this or not, but my good friend who was a massive and very knowledgeable fan died yesterday. He wasn’t a poster but he was my right hand man when it came to Washington football. RIP buddy, I know he’s got his skins gear on wherever he is. (I’m on the left and he’s in the middle) IMG_6741.thumb.jpeg.5c4cf539c47066bb6449f41c82b85478.jpeg

• Sad 12
  • Thumb up 1

On 9/2/2023 at 9:13 AM, max21 said:

I didn’t know to post this or not, but my good friend who was a massive and very knowledgeable fan died yesterday. He wasn’t a poster but he was my right hand man when it came to Washington football. RIP buddy, I know he’s got his skins gear on wherever he is. (I’m on the left and he’s in the middle) IMG_6741.thumb.jpeg.5c4cf539c47066bb6449f41c82b85478.jpeg

i think you can always share posts such as this. Its human. We all grieve differently.  I’m sorry for your loss and I hope Washington can make it to the playoffs and win some games for him so he can look down and smile and have a good laugh about this team!

• Like 4