Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shout out to @pezand @Huly the Commanders are best in the league at tailgating

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2023/05/30/washington-commanders-fedex-field-named-one-of-the-nfls-best-stadiums-for-tailgating/

According to Betway, FedEx Field was recently named the fourth-best NFL stadium for tailgating.

How did Betway arrive at this, you might ask?

The following nine factors were used in determining the top NFL stadiums for tailgating:

Hours open before event – the number of hours the stadium parking is open before the game starts.

Parking ticket price – the price in USD a parking ticket cost in the 2021 season.

Charcoal price – the price in USD of a branded 12-pound bag of charcoal at Walmart, to use for grilling burgers and hotdogs.

Burger price – the price in USD of a branded pack of 12 burger patties at Walmart.

Hotdog price – the price in USD of a branded pack of 14 sausages at Walmart.

Burger bun price – the price in USD of a branded pack of eight burger buns at Walmart.

Hotdog bun price – the price in USD of a branded pack of eight hotdog buns at Walmart.

Soft drink six-pack – the price in USD of a six-pack of 9oz Coca Cola bottles at Walmart.

Alcohol six-pack – the price in USD of a six-pack of 12oz Bud Light beers at Walmart.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Question for Northern VA locals.

Never been to training camp, thinking about going this year. Looking at July 28  0900 a Friday. Would be driving from S.E. Va. About 4 hours.

Thought about spending the night in Woodbridge (wife and daughter can spend the day shopping at Potomac Mills while I drive to Ashburn for camp) 😉. Looks like about an hour drive form Woodbridge to Ashburn? Sound feasible? 

Edited by Chris 44

2 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Question for Northern VA locals.

Never been to training camp, thinking about going this year. Looking at July 28  0900 a Friday. Would be driving from S.E. Va. About 4 hours.

Thought about spending the night in Woodbridge (wife and daughter can spend the day shopping at Potomac Mills while I drive to Ashburn for camp) 😉. Looks like about an hour drive form Woodbridge to Ashburn? Sound feasible? 

Shoot @Skinsinparadise a message. He'll probably know.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure about the drive. But if I understand the transport to training camp will be buses via Dulles Town Center exclusively so being around that area will be opportune 

No parking at Ashburn? Buses only way to go / get into camp?

Thanks

This might actually work better...looks like there is plenty of shopping there also and would eliminate the drive.

Edited by Chris 44

On 6/30/2023 at 10:04 AM, Chris 44 said:

No parking at Ashburn? Buses only way to go / get into camp?

Thanks

This might actually work better...looks like there is plenty of shopping there also and would eliminate the drive.

There's quite a lot out by Dulles Town Center.  It's not Potomac Mills for shopping, but it isn't bad.  Another option would be to stay in Leesburg and let your wife/daughter hang out at the Leesburg Outlets.  Leesburg to Dulles Town Center is ... 20 minutes? 

A third option would be to stay in Tysons, again, about 20 minutes to Dulles Town Center, and there are a ton of things in Tysons, including 2 malls, a million places to stay, and some good places to eat. 

I wouldn't do Woodbridge, FWIW.  Traffic between there and Dulles/Ashburn is always horrendous. I'd get up closer to Dulles/Ashburn and go from there.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There's quite a lot out by Dulles Town Center.  It's not Potomac Mills for shopping, but it isn't bad.  Another option would be to stay in Leesburg and let your wife/daughter hang out at the Leesburg Outlets.  Leesburg to Dulles Town Center is ... 20 minutes? 

A third option would be to stay in Tysons, again, about 20 minutes to Dulles Town Center, and there are a ton of things in Tysons, including 2 malls, a million places to stay, and some good places to eat. 

I wouldn't do Woodbridge, FWIW.  Traffic between there and Dulles/Ashburn is always horrendous. I'd get up closer to Dulles/Ashburn and go from there.  

Thank you. Sounds like Dulles will be the best option.

I'm at the bowie game and out of nowhere Darrell green is walking on the field. He isn't signing autographs but he'll be glad to take a picture. As someone getting acquainted with the redskins in high school he was legit one of the best corners I seen.

I'll take photos when he comes back out 

• Like 3