Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Not sure this is the best place for this so apologies in advance if it's not. This is a great story about a great Redskin player. He's still tied with the Redskin record for the most TD receptions in a season with 12. Jerry Smith should be in the HOF. I remember getting his picture & autograph (and 1 of Jim 'Yazoo' Smith) at Coleman cadillac one Saturday in the 1970s. Edit: Oops...must have been 1968 the year Smith was the 1st round draft pick and only played 1 year.

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Like 2

Apparently there's some new kickoff proposal. Its kinda wacky but looks like it might actually be kinda cool. The gist of it is that Ks have to kick it within like the 10-15 yard line and if they miss it can go as far out as the 35 or 40 or something like that.

53 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Apparently there's some new kickoff proposal. It’s kinda wacky but looks like it might actually be kinda cool. The gist of it is that Ks have to kick it within like the 10-15 yard line and if they miss it can go as far out as the 35 or 40 or something like that.

And nobody can move (except the kicker and returner) until the ball is caught. Giving better chance at a return and less speed and momentum for the defending tacklers (which is the danger they’re trying to avoid, the full head of steam full field length clashes)

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Apparently there's some new kickoff proposal. Its kinda wacky but looks like it might actually be kinda cool. The gist of it is that Ks have to kick it within like the 10-15 yard line and if they miss it can go as far out as the 35 or 40 or something like that.

Welcome to the XFL!

The kicker would line up alone on his side of the field, probably around the same spot — the 35-yard line — as in the current NFL kickoff rule. The other members of the kicking team would line up far down the field, five yards apart from the blockers on the returning team.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/03/04/nfl-xfl-kickoff-proposal/

1 hour ago, Conn said:

And nobody can move (except the kicker and returner) until the ball is caught. Giving better chance at a return and less speed and momentum for the defending tacklers (which is the danger they’re trying to avoid, the full head of steam full field length clashes)

Ohh I didn't know about that. That sounds terible to be honest.

On 3/6/2024 at 10:23 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

What is a good free AI image generator with unlimited images? Or what’s a reasonably priced one? I just had a ****ing brilliant idea.

image.gif.4c1be26d8c939cb1b4600e63b47555cb.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/6/2024 at 9:23 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

What is a good free AI image generator with unlimited images? Or what’s a reasonably priced one? I just had a ****ing brilliant idea.

Sorry. I'm in the Wrong Random Thought Thread. To the Tailgate I go.

• 2 weeks later...

The Capitals left an empty space, in their official team photo, for their longtime Captain (and my second favorite player), Nick Backstrom.

For those who don't know, he's severely injured with possible stabdard of living complications, and  has either officially retired or is likely to do so (I can't recall the details).

image.thumb.png.efd51bce27d5bc959aed309d93ce969c.png

I just think this is such a great, classy, move, in honor of an unselfish teammate who always gave 110% on and off the ice.

He will be missed.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...