Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

5 hours ago, Jumbo said:

The gameday show on NFL Network is such a good show with the absolutely devasting and overwhelmingly annoying idiotic narcissistic blowhard of the exception that is Michael Irvin.

Next to Snyder getting out of my football life and my team becoming a winner again before I expire, I wish for something...anything...to remove Michael Irvin from any form of media.

Agree. If you want some comic relief just turn on closed caption while NFL game day is on. When Irving speaks it looks like a can of alphabet soup exploded with the occasional word unintelligible thrown in. Whatever he’s on must be some good stuff lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

For people comparing Jordan Love to Aaron Rodgers... watching Love throw across his body into triple coverage with a playoff game on the line, thus ending the Packers postseason with a game sealing interception... is the most classic Brett Favre move ever.

Rodgers would've thrown it away instead, and still lost. 

Was fun today listening to Peter Schrager on gmfb waxing on how great it is for the lions to be where they are and how they've been playing since he's had an interest in the franchise and fan base since he was a kid growing up in Detroit. 

The most fun part was him talking about how excited he was in 91 when they made the playoffs and Barry Sanders was cooking but then (and I'll try to use his words best I can remember) "but then here came the redskins of that year and Joe Gibbs and they ran right through them and the redskins said 'this I'd mark rypiens team and they're not going to lose to anyone"....here's to that brighter future for us just as the lions fans are starting to enjoy the last couple years and now they're playing in a  championship  game...

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

On 1/22/2024 at 2:37 PM, Jumbo said:

Was fun today listening to Peter Schrager on gmfb waxing on how great it is for the lions to be where they are and how they've been playing since he's had an interest in the franchise and fan base since he was a kid growing up in Detroit. 

The most fun part was him talking about how excited he was in 91 when they made the playoffs and Barry Sanders was cooking but then (and I'll try to use his words best I can remember) "but then here came the redskins of that year and Joe Gibbs and they ran right through them and the redskins said 'this I'd mark rypiens team and they're not going to lose to anyone"....here's to that brighter future for us just as the lions fans are starting to enjoy the last couple years and now they're playing in a  championship  game...

That 91 Redskins team was pretty much unbeatable....we can only dream to see a version of that team again. Every week we knew we were going to win...and only once did we lose unexpectedly. Week 16 we pulled the starters in Philly and lost a game that didn't matter. Rypien was something...he knew where to go with the ball and almost everywhere he threw it someone was wide open. I went to that parade...rainy day and kind of a ho-hum, we won again parade. Memories. 

• Like 5

I hate whenever there are just 4 teams left. Gotta wait til what, 3pm tomorrow to watch football? I love Wildcard weekend, where there are multiple playoff games on Saturday and Sunday. What am I gonna do today? Watch college basketball? Pshh big whoopty. Doesn't excite me a bit. Especially considering my team is 7 - 12 😡

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

I hate whenever there are just 4 teams left. Gotta wait til what, 3pm tomorrow to watch football? I love Wildcard weekend, where there are multiple playoff games on Saturday and Sunday. What am I gonna do today? Watch college basketball? Pshh big whoopty. Doesn't excite me a bit. Especially considering my team is 7 - 12 😡

I like to save in season hard knocks for times like these. Not quite the same, but I enjoy just about anything football related 

• Like 2

When it comes to many of the topics in the Stadium that sportstalkers go on about, I do find its easy to wonder if the opposite of what someone like Grant on 106.7 or of course Russell on 980 want, is the better possibility for this team. Like, if numbers had an "opposite", I'd ask for their lotto pics and then choose the opposites. 

On 1/25/2024 at 10:36 PM, kingdaddy said:

That 91 Redskins team was pretty much unbeatable....we can only dream to see a version of that team again. Every week we knew we were going to win...and only once did we lose unexpectedly. Week 16 we pulled the starters in Philly and lost a game that didn't matter. Rypien was something...he knew where to go with the ball and almost everywhere he threw it someone was wide open. I went to that parade...rainy day and kind of a ho-hum, we won again parade. Memories. 

Rypien also had an AMAZING deep ball....up there with A-Rod and Farve for sure.  

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 8:55 AM, Warhead36 said:

I just browsed the Commanders subreddit for about two minutes and feel like I lost brain cells. Good grief…

I frequent there, but don’t post and I hate it. If I remember correctly it was like 95% love for heini and if you disagreed you were chastised. 

Any Dan Campbell defenders already point out "wide right" and how NFL kickers success rate may very well plummet in the most important moment of their careers?  Standing on the sideline all game nauseous hoping the boss man goes for it on every 4th down?

I assume advanced stats take that nausea into account... /s

14 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

The 1991 Redskins was an awesome team.

That season was so much fun.  :815::229:

I wish so badly that I could have enjoyed those wonderful Washington teams. I didn't have love and passion for football at that point. I was only  nine years old. Was too busy playing my Atari and playing with my wrestling figures. Then the love and passion showed up a couple of years later and it's been a very sad, painful three decades 😥

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...