Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

24 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Zach Prescott, two INTs in the first half.  Both led to FG's. I am sure he has a third one in him for the 2nd half.  Zach is a choke in big games. Glad he is in our division. 

They need to put Dak Prescott in. He is much better QB. 

BTW, game day thread is here

Edited by zCommander
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, ashlynskins said:

Dan Orlovsky said the other day that he got blasted several weeks ago on Social Media that he didn’t think other then Allen & Diggs that the Bills were elite on offense like everyone else did, he said he stood by that still till this day, I agreed, but to be honest I’m not all over the Josh Allen love… (sure he’s a good QB) but imho he isn’t what the NFL and all media outlets make him out to be… Buffalo for whatever reason was the NFL’s golden child this season, I’m just glad they got knocked out today

Allen never had a chance today....Burrow destroyed the Bills defense which clearly took Buffalo out of their offensive game plan. I think Allen is incredible but, like Elway and others before him, I think he's gonna need a better running game and offensive line to win a SB. I get your point though, Allen had a lot of BAD turnovers this year by trying to do too much. I'm glad we have Howell and not him....LOL.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 6:59 AM, method man said:

If Dan Quinn leaves and with Schultz, Pollard and a bunch of FAs, Cowboys could be in for a real pull back year next year

Lets remember just how bad their D was with Nolan in 2020.

They're gonna enter cap hell soon. Dak's contract is only gonna blow up. They're gonna have to give long term deals to Lamb and Diggs(both are eligible this off season) and the year after that Parsons who is going to completely reset the Edge market. That means they're gonna lose some of their other key pieces(guys like Gallup, Pollard, some of their other OL and defenders etc.).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

They're gonna enter cap hell soon. Dak's contract is only gonna blow up. They're gonna have to give long term deals to Lamb and Diggs(both are eligible this off season) and the year after that Parsons who is going to completely reset the Edge market. That means they're gonna lose some of their other key pieces(guys like Gallup, Pollard, some of their other OL and defenders etc.).

They're into Dak and Zeke for ridiculous money the next couple years and can't afford to cut them. 

Zeke especially.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Zeke especially.

Zeke is cut-able. And given his decline you almost have to. Take the 11 Mil hit to not pay a broken RB basicaly 16+ in '23, '24, '25 and '26.

Make it a post June 1st and its only 6 Mil hit this year. That is palatable.

RB is too easy a position to populate to justify Zeke at this point. Dude is as good as ghost IMO.

• Like 4

For some reason, I just thought about the kitchen appliance- The Salad Shooter.  They still make them but they used to advertise them on TV aggresively in the 80s and 90s.  In hindsight, that's the most American invention ever-- "OK, I know you don't like vegetables because they're not manly but what it... the veggies came out of a gun???"

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, balki1867 said:

For some reason, I just thought about the kitchen appliance- The Salad Shooter.  They still make them but they used to advertise them on TV aggresively in the 80s and 90s.  In hindsight, that's the most American invention ever-- "OK, I know you don't like vegetables because they're not manly but what it... the veggies came out of a gun???"

Good call man. Gave me an idea for Doofus Dan's exit:

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Why isn't RGIII listed on our player birthdays?  He's February 12, which is Super Bowl Sunday. 

I know he may be controversial, but think he should be there.   I'll never forget him marching into the SuperDome in game 1 and beating Drew Brees and the Saints...it set the tone for the 2012 season and made me feel all kinds of good. 

• Like 1

Cadets,

I just saw where our head coach, Ron Rivera, is playing in the PGA Pebble Beach Pro Am next week along with other celebs like Bill Murray, Eric Church, Buster Posey, Jake Owen and others. Maybe we can celebrate if RR find a way to win the celebrity piece of this event?

This is gonna be must see tv for sure.....

Jeffery Lurie's tenure as Philadelphia Eagles owner has been so maddeningly competent. This man has overseen multiple overhauls and rebuilds and I cannot recall a time in my life the Eagles have been constantly bad or even mediocre - certainly not the way we have been over that same period of time.

He's been like the anti-Dan Snyder and it drives me up the wall.

• Thumb up 1

15 hours ago, thebluefood said:

Jeffery Lurie's tenure as Philadelphia Eagles owner has been so maddeningly competent. This man has overseen multiple overhauls and rebuilds and I cannot recall a time in my life the Eagles have been constantly bad or even mediocre - certainly not the way we have been over that same period of time.

Yeah the only time they've had two straight losing seasons in Lurie's tenure was 2015(Chip Kelly's last season) and 2016(Doug Pederson's first) and even then they were 7-9 those seasons which isn't even that bad. Then in 2017 they...win the Super Bowl.

Nothing more important than a comptent owner because that's the one guy that'll always stick around.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, thebluefood said:

Hes not afraid to flush the organization and rebuild. Thats what it all stems from. Youre making money already. Do what you think needs to be done to win a championship. The NFL not like the NBA or NHL where making the playoffs can move your bottom line from Red to black. 

Yes more money is nice but at that point youre talking what? 10% difference while nothing to scoff at from making the playoffs pales to what you could potentially make from continued deep playoff runs. Dan has always been consistently short sighted only worrying about the upcoming season. I call Dan the quintessential lowest common denominator fan. Every year he thinks his team has a chance. The ones you see on facebook groups. 

Just zero vision

Edited by Zim489
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...