Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

WOOOOOOW we have fans that are dumber than a box of rocks…..

on a commanders instagram post, this guy said he wants to see more of kelvin harmon. I said “anyone wanna tell him…..?” (Implying he’s not on the team). This fool tried to tell me that kelvin Harmon is on the practice squad. I said Wikipedia quite literally states he’s a free agent, and the practice squad list on the teams website doesn’t have his name on there. I even screenshotted it and messaged it to him, he didn’t even read the message, and tells me in the comments “you’re just a fan anyway, why should I believe you”

🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

John Keim spittin' fire in this weeks ESPN power rankings. He's shown more guts than any player on our team, that's for sure.

Washington has enough issues -- its offensive line remains a problem, and injuries have left it with no margin for error. But the Commanders struggle to get out of their own way -- they've committed a combined 20 penalties in the past two weeks. It has left them already three games out of third place in the NFC East. They lack defensive playmakers and have just one forced turnover in five games. Their playcalling and game plans have been suspect at times, and they take too long to adjust. There's enough talent to contend for the playoffs, but if they want to diagnose their issues, everyone in the organization just needs to hold up a mirror. -- John Keim

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34769141/nfl-week-6-power-rankings-2022-1-32-poll-playoff-chances-biggest-obstacles-every-team#WSH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Why don’t they sign Carson Strong to the practice squad, contract someone like Jordan Palmer to work with him individually?  It’d be such a small investment that could pay big dividends.

Strong was so horrific and lacking in football IQ that he couldn’t even make it through training camp lol. He was a mirage 

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

Strong was so horrific and lacking in football IQ that he couldn’t even make it through training camp lol. He was a mirage 

What’s the downside though?  Are we so concerned with the 16th practice squad spot that we won’t leave this stone unturned?  The Eagles guaranteed him $320k to give him a look.  Were they morons?  

13 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

What’s the downside though?  Are we so concerned with the 16th practice squad spot that we won’t leave this stone unturned?  The Eagles guaranteed him $320k to give him a look.  Were they morons?  

You can say that about anyone. What's the downside to signing any scrub?

Some guys are so bad they aren't worth the effort.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I mean I’m not arguing against it, I don’t care. I was on that train with Chad Kelly for a couple years. But some guys aren’t cut out for the NFL and wash out immediately, and the relatively large UDFA contract is another reason why the Eagles throwing him away instantly carries more weight. I really don’t think the guy even understands reading a defense enough to ever be salvageable, and that was revealed early on.

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

I mean I’m not arguing against it, I don’t care. I was on that train with Chad Kelly for a couple years. But some guys aren’t cut out for the NFL and wash out immediately, and the relatively large UDFA contract is another reason why the Eagles throwing him away instantly carries more weight. I really don’t think the guy even understands reading a defense enough to ever be salvageable, and that was revealed early on.

I just think that guys with talent get cycled out if they aren’t ready to go day 1.  Coaches don’t have the luxury have patience as they are understandably in a win now mode.  Here you have a guy with a legit NFL arm who can make NFL throws and can throw with touch.  But he might not grasp professional defenses.  Well, why not work with him independently over time?  Philly didn’t think he was capable of getting significant snaps in the preseason.  But if he takes to coaching over the course of a season he may well be able to pick it up while at the same time letting his knee heal/get stronger.  A team desperate for QB should be doing everything to find/develop one.  This idea just seems like a minimal use of resources that could provide some benefit.  Also, this is why I have it in the random thread and not the qb thread because it’s more about the process of  doing something unconventional than identifying Strong as the next qb.

• Like 1

On a tweet of a picture of a Washington Commanders bar (with a Washington football team logo) at Dulles, posted by Nicki Jhabvala, one of the comments is “nothing about this organization makes sense” 

uhh….what? The person says that as if the team placed the bar there……pretty sure they have nothing to do with that🤷🏻‍♂️