Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Was a teen football star that went straight from high school to earn his trident on the teams rather than taking a free ride to college (that's growing up fast and hard), spent 8 years giving it to the enemy wherever Uncle Sam told him to go, served with honor and distinction, went to a university to earn his bachelor's degree, played ball as an overaged walk on, became team captain, and now he's a rookie standout for the friggin Buffalo Bills.

Great story.

• Like 7

On 11/10/2022 at 7:59 PM, CommanderInTheRye said:

Was a teen football star that went straight from high school to earn his trident on the teams rather than taking a free ride to college (that's growing up fast and hard), spent 8 years giving it to the enemy wherever Uncle Sam told him to go, served with honor and distinction, went to a university to earn his bachelor's degree, played ball as an overaged walk on, became team captain, and now he's a rookie standout for the friggin Buffalo Bills.

Great story.

We know that this is the Buffalo Bulls, as in University of Buffalo, not the Buffalo Bills, right?

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

We know that this is the Buffalo Bulls, as in University of Buffalo, not the Buffalo Bills, right?

No I didn't!

I thought you were kidding at first but just did a Google search and discovered you were right. I completely misinterpreted what they meant by a standout for the Buffalo Bills!

I assumed they meant the professional team. Had no idea there was another Buffalo Bills.

Well not quite the amazing story I thought it was but still very inspirational. 

Thanks for clarifying @Ball Security

I almost never watch this stuff but this floated across my timeline and was funny stuff:

Shows how different the levels of star power are. Payne is doubtless a better player right now than Chase Young, but Chase just has that undeniable star power getting an instant pick-up from Wahlberg. Payne asked about it simply says “yeah, he’s Chase Young, I’m Payne.” lol. Would be really good for our popularity under the new owner if Chase Young meets his full potential and truly becomes a star.

Wentz honestly seems pretty chill, he can’t believe Young has Mark Wahlberg’s number lol.

Also funny to see these NFL players be so self-aware of their own place in the celebrity pecking order, being bashful about FaceTiming the people bigger than them that they know for social media content (understandably). 

This sort of content, and the videos where the players answer questions about the rest of the roster on their way into the locker room after practice (“who on the team wouldn’t you trust as your emergency contact”, etc.), are just about the only good Commanders content out there on the internet. Shows some personality but isn’t puff piece garbage (the reason I almost never watch interviews or player-related stuff is bc of how corny and fake it used to all seem). If this sort of stuff is Julie Donaldson’s doing, then she’s indeed doing a good job. If this is Social Media Manager stuff, then that person is killing it.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

lol the worst NFL team of the past ten years would shut out whatever the best the XFL has to offer. 

This is 10x worse than the “would the best team in college football beat the worst NFL team” question because at least the college teams frequently have elite coaches using creative schemes to showcase future elite NFL talent.

Meanwhile, the entire XFL is filled with washed up NFL reject coaches trying their best to hide their poor QBs, coaching players at the lowest of the low Practice Squad talent level who have mostly already washed out of the NFL as well. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Chris Olave with another 100 yard game, this time against Jalen Ramsey.

Dotson's a nice player but I loved Olave at the time and really lamented not drafting him. Imagine an Olave and McLaurin duo for the next 5+ years....

I don't think the book is written on this one yet.

Dotson looks very good in his own right and was on fire before he got injured and hasn't quite gotten back on track since his return plus there's a different quarterback now who isn't targeting him as much.

Plus we got b rob who is a wonderful change of pace from gibson and allows us to use him properly in space more than smashing into the line of scrimmage and we have no idea what we have in percy butler but the preseason reports were positive and this staff has a fantastic recent history on safeties, next year he could be a ball hawking free safety while forest and Kurl are smashing heads closer to the line of scrimmage. 

I like olave but I also really like what we got in return.

Could just be the rare win for both teams scenario.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The team instagram page had a video from todays practice showing heinicke throwing a pass to dyami brown, and honestly I completely forgot dyami was on this team 😂 where’s he been the past 5 weeks or so? 

Died alongside Wentz finger.

The only thing Dyami has proven he can do at an NFL level is run in a straight line, totally unimpeded mind you, and catch a deep ball. That situation is very difficult to create with our current offense.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The team instagram page had a video from todays practice showing heinicke throwing a pass to dyami brown, and honestly I completely forgot dyami was on this team 😂 where’s he been the past 5 weeks or so? 

He caught a big pass to set up Slye’s million yard FG and the end of the first half in Philly.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1