Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Explosive Devices Found in Mail Sent to Hillary Clinton and Obama

Bozo the kKklown

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Laughably false and maybe the dumbest thing I’ve read on here in a while. 

The person who is the ****ing POTUS, the leader of the Republican Party, voted by conservatives into power, is apparently not a true Republican or conservative. 

This explains your bending backwards to make it a both sides issue. Living in denial about conservatism in America.

I feel the need to speak here.  I have struggled with how to identify politically for a bit now.  I left the GOP with the implementation of the Muslim ban.  But I had felt like they were ****ed up for a while before then.  Anyways, I consider myself an ACTUAL conservative.  This is completely different than what the GOP has become.  People like us are homeless in the current political environment and it is difficult for us.  Posts like this are wrong and not needed or appreciated.

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

added: i agree that the both sides are the same stuff as absolute nonsense and worse...but popeman is making valid points with some of the examples he's using....one side is way worse than the other...but the other isn't without  issues that should get some mention to have credibility in criticizing the other side, even while avoiding false equivalence 

Good luck with this.  I tried making this point a while ago.  I used an analogy that was something like "one side is a decent car with a cracked windshield, the other is a beater car with a blown motor and completely engulfed in flames."  I got yelled at.  Apparently I was giving the flaming junk car too much credit.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

I'm on board completely with Conservatives who are ashamed that Trump is leading the GOP.  I believe most of them are genuinely embarrassed he is the President.  The issue I have is how quickly the party itself became the Trump party.   The 2016 primaries were the first opportunity for the GOP at large to reject this guy.  The second opportunity was the 2016 Presidential election.  Now we have the mid-terms where the only way to put a dent into Trump's crazy train is flipping the house.  If that doesn't happen there is 2020.

I don't know if the overwhelming GOP support for Trump has more to do with tribalism itself, or if all these people actually support the man himself.  I also am not sure if the increasing GOP support for him is more a result of less people overall identifying themselves as "Republican" so the ones leftover, still willing to call themselves that, are pushing further to the right.

All I do know is that until the GOP at large rejects the guy, it is hard to take temporary "outrage" about him serious coming from moderate Republicans.  (Not talking about people on this board, I am talking about the people going to bat for him on a daily basis over everything.  The ones who have seemed to full purchased their ticket to fantasy land in order to defend the guy) 

Not enough of them, IMO.

21 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Good luck with this.  I tried making this point a while ago.  I used an analogy that was something like "one side is a decent car with a cracked windshield, the other is a beater car with a blown motor and completely engulfed in flames."  I got yelled at.  Apparently I was giving the flaming junk car too much credit.

you were too nice to the dems with 'decent', it's usable  but needs much work beyond the cracked view

the gop car is like you described, but that's only because twa's their mechanic

43 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

You can't give any Republican credit as long as they vote for the crap they are voting for and administering the executive they way they do.

And until that changes, they should be reviled and shamed for treating the government like their private piggy bank.

i feel your heart, but shaming doesn't "work" with people who know no shame, or really anybody else technically speaking.... however, proper effort given to reviling these folks can warm that heart just like god planned it, and can also motivate one to take (legal) action...see the ads that feature reviling (i think it's all of them)....i like reviling just because i can make great faces when i'm doing it

11 minutes ago, twa said:

I can put a blower on one and even add flames if ya wish.....money talks

I speak fluent cash.:pint:

somewhere i have a picture...we bought a 55 chev 454 twin 4bl, yellow with gold flames, and a huge blower to use for car stereo promotions for one of the stereo stores i ran many centuries ago.....the engine sounded as good as the top of the line alpine/precision power system we put in it

and this is on topic is becuase that describes the car we should have as our political ideal: powerful, loud, colorful, fun, lotz of tunz :P

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

You can't give any Republican credit as long as they vote for the crap they are voting for and administering the executive they way they do.

And until that changes, they should be reviled and shamed for treating the government like their private piggy bank.

Ah see, I'm going to disagree again here. There are plenty of good republican leaders. They're on the state and local level.

The GOP senate is **** though. No two ways about it. All the bad stuff is so up in our faces but the good isn't hard to find if you're looking for it.

On 10/24/2018 at 6:46 PM, No Excuses said:

They are chanting "Lock her up" at the Trump rally tonight. This is the GOP for you: a far right extremist cult full of hate.

All of the mental giants on this forum love those viral videos that proves theyre so right to be so woke.  Heres another dumb one for all the kiddies to enjoy

While black hipster dude with a Trump hat is infinitely confusing, I dont know why my man had to make a scene like that. Let him get his coffee or blood of the innocent in peace and mind your own ****ing business. 

I don't know what he expects to come from that kinda stuff. 

18 minutes ago, Llevron said:

While black hipster dude with a Trump hat is infinitely confusing, I dont know why my man had to make a scene like that. Let him get his coffee or blood of the innocent in peace and mind your own ****ing business. 

I love the dudes ankle length jorts.  That guy is crushing it

11 minutes ago, zoony said:

I love the dudes ankle length jorts.  That guy is crushing it

Yeaaaaaa hes no badass with those meaty ass calves lol. He has reason to hide them. 

Those very aggressive gang symbols hes throwing up really give me pause though. Dude might be a killer

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Yeah that's stupid. Where I live, I see Trump hats, Trump car stickers, all that **** (including a flag on a house that might be one of them white power flags, haven't looked it up yet), and while I might feel the slight urge to run one of them off the road and see them explode into a huge ball of flames, I just pass right by, or walk right by, and enjoy my day. **** dont phase me. 

17 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'm noticing that I haven't seen anything that actually says that these bombs are actually live. No statement as to how they're supposedly triggered. Obviously, no explosions. 

Not that it necessarily makes much differencr. 

But we also have not seen any statement saying they are fake. I believe I saw something that suggested some of them may have been inoperable. As to them not being triggered, the nature of the recipients pretty much assured that they would be inspected with an x-ray before being opened.

15 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'm noticing that I haven't seen anything that actually says that these bombs are actually live. No statement as to how they're supposedly triggered. Obviously, no explosions. 

Not that it necessarily makes much differencr. 

Mayor Bill de Blasio said on Wednesday a live explosive device targeting CNN’s offices at the Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle was “clearly an act of terror.”

According to the FBI, the packages were mailed in manila envelopes with bubble wrap interior. Investigators say they were lightweight because glass was used as shrapnel. The would-be killer kept the weight down so the devices could be put in a mailbox, authorities believe.

Sources tell CBS News the device found at the Time Warner Center was made from PVC pipe and covered with black tape. It contained a small battery, which sources say was similar to a watch battery.

Depending on the charge inside, the PVC would fracture and cause additional shrapnel from the pipe, according to sources.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/10/24/clintons-suspicious-package/

This is the most detailed description Ive seen. Mayor said it was "live" but yeah, we havent heard much, not that we need to. Investigating and not tipping info is probably intentional to track this person or persons down.

There's  more reporting out there on the functionality or lack thereof (it's still a mix) then is being noted here, and several reasons why the authorities aren't clarifying more, but rather than fill in the gaps from ignorance or yet to be established facts with firm inferences or outright conclusions, why not just wait a bit and see.

I expect that the idea all this is a "fake" threat as a political ploy re: the midterms by "the gop" is percolating in many minds just as with those immediately claiming  "the dems" are doing it. Paranoia isn't dysfunctional when everybody's out to get everybody. :P

That would be roger stone's wet dream---he'd see it as the kind of consummate "dirty trick" he'd relish---to do this to the dems, making them suffer the fear and laugh at their reactions, and then icing the cake by actually blaming them for creating the 'hoax" for "political gain", while it's actually trump's band of malevolent tricksters setting up a frame job with a faux dem/lib patsy. A perfect gop plot. :D

2 hours ago, zoony said:

All of the mental giants on this forum love those viral videos that proves theyre so right to be so woke.  Heres another dumb one for all the kiddies to enjoy

Douchebaggery is bad and so is this video. 

Do you think it’s worse if leaders of a political party encourage this behavior? 

I don’t recall Barack Obama, George Bush or Bill Clinton ever telling their supporters that treating people this way is good or virtuous. Trump has encouraged GOP voters to resort to violence and confrontation multiple times explicitly.

Archived