Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Explosive Devices Found in Mail Sent to Hillary Clinton and Obama

Bozo the kKklown

it is impressive to watch this white uber-privileged 70 year old silver-spooned billionaire who has additionally been elected to the most powerful office in the world, constantly whine about how victimized he is...a solid representation of his constituency...he spent minutes on how he gets attacked and suffers more than anybody, and not even 10 seconds on what the people involved in those incidents went through when he made those brief opening comments on the arrest

22 minutes ago, zoony said:

This perp seems like a real supervillian.  Bombs that dont work mailed from his local post office delivered in a van with his enemies written on the side of it.

This sounds like a case for batman

These individual radicalized terrorists generally aren't the brightest bulbs.

12 minutes ago, visionary said:

We’ve had two right wing terrorists in the past few days with the bomber and the shooter in Kentucky, I guess we’ll see what’s next.

None of this is surprising. Everyone downplaying this doesn’t seem to understand that the President of the USA has all but green lighted right wing terrorism in this country. 

Instead of drawing back some of the inflammatory rhetoric, they are doubling down.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

A decent conservative presence in the democratic party may move it more to the center if they value your votes (which of course they will if it gets them power)

Might be the right move. 

Yeah, they rewarded the Blue Dogs so well :ols:

34 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

it is impressive to watch this white uber-privileged 70 year old silver-spooned billionaire who has additionally been elected to the most powerful office in the world, constantly whine about how victimized he is...a solid representation of his constituency...he spent minutes on how he gets attacked and suffers more than anybody, and not even 10 seconds on what the people involved in those incidents went through when he made those brief opening comments on the arrest

It's not all that surprising, can you think of anyone less accustomed to being called out and criticized than those born rich who have only ever had to answer to their own parents?  Humans define normal largely by our own experiences right?  Well then, imagine what Trump's definition of normal life must have been and how different that reality was to holding America's top political office.  He is definitely playing up the victim routine publicly for political gain, but I'd bet there's some subjective truth to it too.  Objectively he's still a billionaire that is more powerful now than he's ever been. Subjectively though, there is no way he was ready for the non-stop rage and scrutiny that's directed at anyone that holds that particular job.

Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll decide that it's intolerable and quit.  Hope springs eternal.

44 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Nothing about it is surprising. The further you go up the privilege ladder, the more you start seeing people who consider themselves victims.

the thing that bothers me the most about this... and i haven't witnessed it, it's just a gut feeling i have... is that a good 20-30% of the population snickered about this. 

heh heh heh, they sent em to Hillary and Obummer! That soros person too. Hah!

I just can't shake the feeling that is how a significant portion of the country responded. 

Absolutely, @Destino, and I'll add that assuming one has reached post-teen years and isn't saddled with medical impairments in brain development and also has access to multiple, easily accessible sources of knowledge that can expand views and one still willingly sticks in certain walled-off ruts, one is accountable for what is a choice among recognizable alternatives......and while noting that such ruts give appropriate testimonial to the strength of environmental shaping, and that offers a way of understanding or even feeling compassion for someone in such a rut, it doesn't serve to excuse the choice to remain in it.

Yeah, don ain't gonna change one littler bit ever, and the other thing you're so right about is how he's lived a life relatively free from "outside" consequences for many of his grotesqueries.

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

the thing that bothers me the most about this... and i haven't witnessed it, it's just a gut feeling i have... is that a good 20-30% of the population snickered about this. 

I just can't shake the feeling that is how a significant portion of the country responded. 

They might feel that way but explicitly right wing media and supporters are dismissing this as a leftist hoax. 

The mainstream right in this country dismisses any inconvenient news as a hoax, false flag or fake news. 

I am now of the belief that the worst is yet to come. Every two bit asshole in America can enter right wing politics and just ride the hate  wave. 

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

Even beyond that, this Cesar dude is far from an aberration or “the fringe” of the Trump base.  In fact, he’s center ****ing cut.  There’s a half-million more Cesars out there.  And they got nothing to lose.

Archived