Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Explosive Devices Found in Mail Sent to Hillary Clinton and Obama

Bozo the kKklown

6 hours ago, visionary said:

Who exactly is there?

Smash Racism DC, a local antifa group.  I’d have posted the tweet but their account got suspended.  

6 hours ago, visionary said:

Maybe they should start shouting racist ethnic cleansing slogans or attack reporters so they'll get invited into the white house or cheered on by Trump instead instead.  

I doubt they’d be interested in that.  

8 hours ago, Destino said:

Well they’re out in front of Tucker Carlsons house chanting “No borders! No walls! No USA at all!(if these videos all over Twitter are accurate)

Stuff like that might have something to do with Americans in general not embracing them as fully as you’d like.

I don't defend everything they do. 

What I am not going to defend are the actual fascists which our media is doing.

I'm uncomfortable glorifying antifa just to make a point. No saying anyone is doing that. I just feel like they are beneath the standard I would want from a group on the left. I very much see them as a less crazy version of the rude boys in my own head. 

But I only know what's posted on here so my opinion isnt really rooted in anything I know for myself, which is the danger with these sorts of things. 

53 minutes ago, Destino said:

Smash Racism DC, a local antifa group.  I’d have posted the tweet but their account got suspended.  

I doubt they’d be interested in that.  

Hmmm.  I'm not really in favor of going to people's houses (other than maybe Trump's) and harassing or protesting outside, but in the scheme of things I find it hard to care about some random people doing that when so many are getting killed right now.  If things keep going as they are, I don't know that standing up to Fox and others who are spreading propaganda and hatred will be a bad idea, and may become even more important.  If Trump is able shut down investigations and threats to him and go after people who are criticizing him, either with the justice department or with his crazed followers...antifa may be the last of our worries.  At the moment what those folks are doing does seem counterproductive though.  

40 minutes ago, visionary said:

Hmmm.  I'm not really in favor of going to people's houses (other than maybe Trump's) and harassing or protesting outside, but in the scheme of things I find it hard to care about some random people doing that when so many are getting killed right now.  If things keep going as they are, I don't know that standing up to Fox and others who are spreading propaganda and hatred will be a bad idea, and may become even more important.  If Trump is able shut down investigations and threats to him and go after people who are criticizing him, either with the justice department or with his crazed followers...antifa may be the last of our worries.  At the moment what those folks are doing does seem counterproductive though.  

Tucker Carlson goes on his bullhorn every night to incite people to commit violence.

Meanwhile, Christie Blasie Ford is being harassed and no one cares, including Carlson.

The GOP is once again riling up its base using nonsense conspiracies:

This is a strategy. Whether it’s Soros paying the caravan to invade USA to baseless election fraud conspiracies. 

The GOP makes up nonsense, just pure nonsense, with the intent to push its base over the edge. 

My issue with Antifa is that they are so small and rogue of a group but when they do these things it is so easy for the media to associate them with mainstream Dems or hell, even progressive Dems as if they are some kind of wing of the party.   I pretty much guarantee most of Antifa are borderline anarchists, not even "leftists" nor do they probably even vote. 

Their overall impact on anything is so tiny, but they now occupy the attention of the right wing (and some mainstream press) so much more than what their actions deserve to be covered over.

Sort of like the college campus protests on these massive universities where the protest involves a hundred folks at most out of a student body in the tens of thousands, but it's covered like they have taken over the place.

• 4 weeks later...

Wendi Winters was among those killed in the Annapolis Gazette news room. But not before saving the lives of others...

When the gunman attacked the Capital Gazette office, one staffer charged at him

As gunshots rang out and glass shattered all around, staffers at the Capital Gazette cowered under desks, fearing for their lives.

Except Wendi Winters. A witness said she stood up, grabbed a trash can and a recycling bin, and charged the gunman.

For her heroism, the 65-year-old woman paid with her life. But several staffers at the Annapolis, Maryland, newspaper say she saved theirs.
Survivors of last month's attack shared the account of that day in a story the Capital ran over the weekend.
Eleven employees were in the office that day. Six made it out alive. And those who did are thanking Winters.
"She may have distracted him enough that he forgot about me because I definitely stood up and was looking at the door," sales consultant Janel Cooley told the Capital. "I'm sure he wasn't expecting ... anyone to charge him."

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived