Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Explosive Devices Found in Mail Sent to Hillary Clinton and Obama

Bozo the kKklown

13 hours ago, mistertim said:

Even if those bombs had killed all of their intended targets, Trump would have gone straight back to the well. He's utterly amoral. And you just KNOW that deep down he really loves how worshipful of him the bomber was.

It's like you think he doesn't know what he's doing and isn't actively inciting these things.

This is part of the plan. Incite the loonies to kill political enemies and give excuses to do even worse.

This isn't politics as usual in America anymore. He's as gleeful that this guy TRIED as he is for his support. Any doubt he wishes at least one of them succeeded? (A supporter that would kill for him probably gives his little mushroom a tickle. This guy used to brag to folks that his bodyguard would kill for him. It excites him, makes him feel big.)

"Utterly amoral' doesn't mean "blunders ignorantly through events that continually build as a result of his constant harangue of division and hate."

It means "UTTERLY amoral". There is no depth it won't go.

~Bang

33 minutes ago, Springfield said:

They’re complicit.  Their actions at the voting booth allow this to happen.  When I ask who is responsible for the magabomber, the blame is ultimately all republican voters.

It also falls on inactive voters and third party voters.

The GOP and it’s brand of conspiratorial politics is an existential threat to civil society in the US. 

A good old chunk of this country has decided to wash away their responsibility of restoring a shared belief in facts and ethics. 

There is no healthy democracy if one side of the political system has descended into complete lunacy.

23 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

It also falls on inactive voters and third party voters.

The GOP and it’s brand of conspiratorial politics is an existential threat to civil society in the US. 

A good old chunk of this country has decided to wash away their responsibility of restoring a shared belief in facts and ethics. 

There is no healthy democracy if one side of the political system has descended into complete lunacy.

Well, to me that’s a symptom of “bothsideism” and the pushing to the right of the agenda by those in power.

43 minutes ago, Bang said:

It's like you think he doesn't know what he's doing and isn't actively inciting these things.

This is part of the plan. Incite the loonies to kill political enemies and give excuses to do even worse.

This isn't politics as usual in America anymore. He's as gleeful that this guy TRIED as he is for his support. Any doubt he wishes at least one of them succeeded? (A supporter that would kill for him probably gives his little mushroom a tickle. This guy used to brag to folks that his bodyguard would kill for him. It excites him, makes him feel big.)

"Utterly amoral' doesn't mean "blunders ignorantly through events that continually build as a result of his constant harangue of division and hate."

It means "UTTERLY amoral". There is no depth it won't go.

~Bang

Trump would pardon the magabomber.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Sheltered cowards with their heads up their asses.  They are just as much a part of the problem as the MAGA trash.

Steve, while my call is there is actually rational, logical support for people to have such strong emotional reactions in our current context, degree and frequency of "angry posts" can matter as much as the actual wording of any individual post. So please dial back some on this manner of expressing the anger. Thanks.

not about steve---i'm working on a new thread re: what about and both sides isms and certain stupid/misguided related tangents that are very present in our discourse

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trumpsters are probably sad; that the bombs actually didn't go off and kill their intended victims.

I actually overheard a group of people expressing displeasure with the fact that the bombs didn't harm the intended people 

15 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

And did you in return have any dialogie with said individuals? 

No its sometimes best to just stay quiet

I did think I am glad I'm not a person who is a Trump supporter and get all of my information from Rush Limbaugh lol

Would you have had any dialogue with them?

Would you just have been insulted and called names?

23 minutes ago, c slag said:

They said "If the bombs would have went off the guy should have gotten a medal" it was in line waiting to pay for gas at a convenience store 

18 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

And did you in return have any dialogie with said individuals? 

Please understand this isn't meant to call you out personally slag.

There seems to be a bit of hypocrisy (not sure that is best word) regarding how people deal with idiots.  Everyone talks about how these idiots need to be called out.  How just letting it go allows this stupidity to grow.  But how many of you actually call it out? How many just let it go because they dont want the confrontation whether it be with friends, family, or strangers?

Last night my wife made an anti-trump post on FB.  Her aunt (wealthy, white, mid-50s) came to defend trump.  I wanted to post a response and my wife asked to read it before I posted.  So I wrote a very tame yet pointed rebuttal.  She then asked me not to post it to avoid the family drama.  I got very angry and said she shouldn't have even posted it then.  We both went to bed not real happy with each other.

That is probably what led to me posting the first paragraph. 

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

There seems to be a bit of hypocrisy (not sure that is best word) regarding how people deal with idiots.  Everyone talks about how these idiots need to be called out.  How just letting it go allows this stupidity to grow.  But how many of you actually call it out? How many just let it go because they dont want the confrontation whether it be with friends, family, or strangers?

In some cases confrontation is fine. But when a person is so far gone that they think it would be good if their political opponents were violently murdered I don't know what anyone could say. 

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Please understand this isn't meant to call you out personally slag.

Last night my wife made an anti-trump post on FB.  Her aunt (wealthy, white, mid-50s) came to defend trump.  I wanted to post a response and my wife asked to read it before I posted.  So I wrote a very tame yet pointed rebuttal.  She then asked me not to post it to avoid the family drama.  I got very angry and said she shouldn't have even posted it then.  We both went to bed not real happy with each other.

That is probably what led to me posting the first paragraph. 

It's all good

Nothing you can say is going to change these people's minds or political views and they are in a group of people who all think alike and are going to continue to think that way no matter what anyone or anything could possibly be said or done 

Confrontation leads to nothing good. 
Ever seen anyone change their political mind based on confrontation?

My responsibility to them is over. Words haven't swayed them yet. Facts make no dent. Continued proof of the lies and manipulations only cause them to laugh.

What would be the point?

~Bang

1 minute ago, Bang said:

Confrontation leads to nothing good. 
Ever seen anyone change their political mind based on confrontation?

My responsibility to them is over. Words haven't swayed them yet. Facts make no dent. Continued proof of the lies and manipulations only cause them to laugh.

What would be the point?

~Bang

Okay.  Than what is the fix?

10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I've said it before, there isn't one other than the obvious one.

This doesn't go away without it. There is no talking down people like this, and there are a lot of these people and they feel pretty bold right now.. and their leaders are fanning the fears that cause even more of them to snap. How do you un-brainwash tens of millions of people? Even the 'reasonable' ones who haven't shot or bombed anyone have spent the week actively denying, playing up conspiracy theories, believing everything except the truth. These events will increase and those who are going to increase it aren't in the mood to listen to anything except that which is goading them to these actions. 

They got voted out 10 years ago and got worse. and now they're back with the worst possible leader standing behind them and encouraging them. we can vote all we want.. their answer isn't reasonable. They do not care for the American way, they don't care about any of the founding principles except their guns. They are crystal clear in this.  (And we'd also have to trust that the voting process isn't sold out. I'm not convinced.)

This **** might go to sleep, but it doesn't go away.

And i have a feeling they're done sleeping.

Be ready.

~Bang

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I can think of 9 people in my friends and family that I've tried to have rational discussions about Trump and Trumpism with. It hasn't gone well with any of them, and these are people I've known a long time. You're asking how to solve a problem that can't be solved by an outside agent. How do you get someone who believes Trump is honest to see that he lies constantly? How do you get someone who, with every example of a misdeed says "I don't pay attention to that stuff", "I don't agree with that but I still support him", or some variant of that, to take some degree of responsibility? If you have an answer, I'd love to hear it but I haven't found one. I did try one suggestion, to steer the conversation to economic inequality, and had marginal success, but even then my brother resorted to both-sideism. The sad truth seems to be that there is no answer. About 40 percent of the country has decided facts and truth don't matter any more. How do you fix that? I'd love to have an answer.

1 hour ago, c slag said:

I actually overheard a group of people expressing displeasure with the fact that the bombs didn't harm the intended people 

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Wait, what?

1 hour ago, c slag said:

They said "If the bombs would have went off the guy should have gotten a medal" it was in line waiting to pay for gas at a convenience store 

I'm surprised anyone is surprised by this.  We are 2 years past when openly calling for violence against your political adversaries was any kind of red line for the Trump crowd.  

Archived