Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: I Can't Think of a Witty Giant Pun

KDawg

Hey guys, I can make our OL not look absolutely putrid.

LT: Leno

LG: Paul

C : Stromberg

RG: Cosmi

RT: Lucas

They still won’t be great, but Strommy probably doesn’t allow 3 sacks himself. 

If they are more comfortable with Larsen vs. Paul put Larsen at C and Stromberg at LG.

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Just now, KDawg said:

If they are more comfortable with Larsen vs. Paul put Larsen at C and Stromberg at LG.

That’s what I would do with the thought of flip flopping the tackles at some point. If we end up in a position to draft a LT, having Leno play on the right side may make for a good pair.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Agree, that's part of what kills me.  These guys seem to put ego over winning.  

Admit they made mistakes and move on.  It's the same reason why they don't seem to chase O lineman they hit the market like L. Collins, or Wynn or Risner. 

21 minutes ago, Stihl89 said:

I still cant believe he said this and were here a little over 6 weeks later 

It's almost as bad as Bruce Allen's winning off the field comments from years back.  Both comments show how delusional both of them were.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

I’ll be happy when Ron the coach/personnel guy is gone.  Hard to say which role he’s done worse, free agency busts, terrible drafts, awful roster construction, terrible schemes both sides of the ball, slow starts, teams that look unprepared…….

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I would live either Strom or Larsen in place of Gates.

Lucas in place of Wylie too.

that would mean the coaches admitting they effed up in FA with their big two OL move.

No way we see it....Yet it makes all the sense in the world!

9 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

This team is a how-to not clinic on resource allocation and execution.  That’s leadership.  Period.  Stevie wonder can see this.  I’m absolutely for a fire sell at this point.  
time to stack chances at better resources…with a completely new, forward thinking, play to win approach 

Resource allocation is exactly where this regime has been a joke. I have been saying for years, the 4 DLs were an issue. Heading towards paying the 4 of them a combined AAV of around $100 mil was dumb. You had to pick who you were going to keep and move at least one when their value was high. Instead, now there is talk maybe we move Sweat at the deadline and maybe were can get a late 2 for him (maybe).

Likewise, I can understand not picking up Chase's 5th year option in a. vacuum. But with Sweat and Curl heading for FA, I thought you had to pick it up. Just saying "we can use the tag" when you might need it for two other core players makes it sound you are not even capable of thinking holistically. The risk of spending 17 mil on him was not the bad scenario for this team. The specter of losing one or two of those guys for nothing was. You needed to pick it up and take that chance. At the least, if you weren't, you needed to get someone signed. 

But Ron is always chasing a long shot wildcard berth, And in that context, and that one only, these decision make sense. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Let’s rotate in some of the DL. Also can we have open OL tryouts? Maybe we can sign some sumo wrestlers. Or a flock of turkeys - they are incredibly vicious. 

Anything would be better than this OL playing another snap. 

9 minutes ago, HOF28 said:

I’ll be happy when Ron the coach/personnel guy is gone.  Hard to say which role he’s done worse, free agency busts, terrible drafts, awful roster construction, terrible schemes both sides of the ball, slow starts, teams that look unprepared…….

G.  All of the Above

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I would live either Strom or Larsen in place of Gates.

Lucas in place of Wylie too.

that would mean the coaches admitting they effed up in FA with their big two OL move.

No way we see it....Yet it makes all the sense in the world!

That's why Wylie moving to G could happen.

• Like 1

I had my epiphany in the first half of the bears game.

Didn't care all that much that we won against the falcons and don't care all that much that we lost today.

Whole thing needs to be blown up, until then we're just passing time watching the sand pour through the hourglass. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Today's game epitomizes what is wrong with our FO structure. While we have done reasonably well in later rounds, high round selections are hindered by coach's bias. GMs, at least the good ones, look for the best player available. Old coaches look for the guy who either most reminds them of their favorite player of their past, or for the most athletic - believing they can coach up anyone with great measurables. 

I can't believe a competent GM would have passed on Darrisaw for Jamin Davis. Davis is good, probably at least average value for where he was picked, but we passed on a top 5 franchise LT for just a good LB. Cosmi apparently had the 2nd highest measurables of any OL ever, but if I recall correctly, the top belonged to megabust Mandarich. Chase Young has higher measurables than the Bosas or TJ Watt, but he still isn't in their league. Ultimately, coaches overestimate their ability to instill the correct instincts.

We passed on Herbert and Tua for another DE, but I have to believe a GM with a long-term outlook would have realized the salary cap would preclude us from keeping 4 first round DL, and at least one would never be re-signed. Personally, my gut is telling me both Sweat and Young will walk, but even if Young had been as good as advertised, would the difference between Young and Sweat be worth giving up a franchise QB?

Wink Martindale has the Giants playing at a much higher level than us, despite nearly all our draft capital of the last several years having been spent on defense - look at how they shut down the Bills. If JDR were running the Giants defense, and Martindale ours, which squad would be better? Exactly.

Edited by Riggo-toni
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Anyone watching the Eagles v Dolphins?

Dolphins bring a double A gap pressure. Eagles throw a TE screen - easy TD. 

It’s not as hard as we made it look today. If you are prepared and well coached.

Reasons like this makes me scratch my head that want Bienemy as a HC

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

can't believe a competent GM would have passed on Darrisaw for Jamin Davis. 

I'm going out on a limb and saying Davis was Ron's best pick in Washington. A lot of fans don't like him, but he is such a freak athlete and keeps getting better. Played a good game today. Linebacker was a position of need and it was the right pick. 

Chase was not a position of need. Any component GM that drafted Young would have immediately traded Sweat. 

Dotson and Forbes are severely undersized and should have never been first round picks.

Ron has destroyed this team with terrible drafts.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m going to watch the rest of the games knowing that everything will possibly be blown up at the end of the season. I trust our new owner to get us moving on the right track.  If we could protect Howell, he would be very good.  This season is a wash.  I want no Rivera, JDR, BE in charge of our team.  But I will enjoy every game for the pure enjoyment of the NFL season.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

The worst part for me right now is the team has won 3 games but this doesn’t feel like a 3-4 team.  The losses to the Bears and Giants are about as bad as it gets.  

They feel so bad because those losses highlight how bad this coaching staff is in terms of preparation

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1