Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: I Can't Think of a Witty Giant Pun

KDawg

2 hours ago, Stihl89 said:

The game wasnt even as close as the score says. We only scored because of the muffed punt and we were lucky to even be in the game late with the missed Pick 6 in the 4th.

I can only imagine.  It should be remembered how close they were to being shutout.

D was alright.

D-line did their job, but its hard to look good when you gotta visually compete w/ whoever is playing our O-line

Sweat and Young both look like guys that want to get paid, and that is good.

Quan got back in the game after an injury scare and got some burn. Forbes got some reps late... Small steps for the young guys.

O was... Unspeakably bad.

Just terrible, nonfunctional and lead by pure incompetence and hubris.

At this point you might as well lock the O into the black jerseys. If they are gonna play like trash they might as well look like trash bags.

These guys are so tied to their egos and worried about who will be blamed that it’s almost like they CAN’T bench Gates and Wylie for better options because then everything they did to try to improve the OL will have immediately failed (it already did, obviously). They’re so worried about proving their offseason detractors right (and we know Rivera reads and cares about the chatter) that they’re actively hurting their own performance, proving their detractors even MORE right, and making it even more of a certainty that they’ll be fired. Deadly poetry in motion. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 3

1 minute ago, Conn said:

These guys are so tied to their egos and worried about who will be blamed that it’s almost like they CAN’T bench Gates and Wylie for better options because then everything they did to try to improve the OL will have immediately failed (it already did, obviously). They’re so worried about proving their offseason detractors right (and we know Rivera reads and cares about the chatter) that they’re actively hurting their own performance, proving their detractors even MORE right, and making it even more of a certainty that they’ll be fired. Deadly poetry in motion. 

Hopefully this kind of ass-whooping makes swapping out starters the less costly option optics-wise.

Stromberg, after all, is this regime's draft pick. Lucas was a Rivera signing. Larsen is a Rivera guy from Carolina. Play these guys!

• Like 1

I have never seen a team less inclined to run the damn ball. Just 76 yards today.

This is supposed to be the easiest play in football and we just can't get any sort of running game going. It's pathetic.

Seems EB is one of those Xbox Madden fan boys that just insists on winning with 40+ passes every game

even if he knows his method is just wrong and completely unbalanced.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

I have never seen a team less inclined to run the damn ball. Just 76 yards today.

This is supposed to be the easiest play in football and we just can't get any sort of running game going. It's pathetic.

Seems EB is one of those Xbox Madden fan boys that just insists on winning with 40+ passes every game

even if he knows his method is just wrong and completely unbalanced.

Because our fun game sucks 

If EB can only handle adjustments in the first half, let’s put in Brissett so he can get clobbered and then bring in Sam for the 2nd half after EB realizes his game plan sucked and he needs to adjust. This way maybe Sam can survive a season, we can evaluate him and hopefully build his confidence for the future. 

im only half joking, unfortunately

Rivera said we have 10 more games and that anything can happen. It absolutely can. Taylor Swift can also go sing for a tech death band and shred some gnarly guitar work, but it’s not going to happen. 

the commentators said that Ron was worried this was a “trap game” like the Bears game. I just want to let Ron know that your team has to be at least good in order to worry about something being a trap game.

look at Riverboat Ron helping develop game plans and coaching from the sidelines:

image.gif.b5247d4bd34e6692ebe0821cf3cfd8f2.gif

ooops, that’s Steamboat Willy! Well, imagine this is Rivera, without the rhythm, without the smile and not steering the wheel. Did you imagine it? Yep, that’s good ole Riverboat “I’ve checked out” Ron.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, El Mexican said:

Even a mediocre O-line can play run football. Players love it.

Going against all reasonable logic here by passing almost 40 times per game.

Our oline is not mediocre in all honesty. We can’t run the ball. They are arguably worse at it than pass pro. 

Also we call ****ty ****ing runs in obvious running downs. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1

I mean, we're staining the name " The Hogs" with this group. Its so bad, we're half way to breaking the record for sacks allowed and we're not even half way to the season. The Hogs was OUR THING, and now its its gonna be associated with a group of guys who not only will break that record but shatter it. Gates?? I've never heard of an Olineman that doesn't wear gloves or tape or anything, you figure he's all sweaty out there and dlineman just slip off of his arms simply because theres no friction on him to stop them..

I'm done with these receiver's cept for Terry. You can get a UDFA, or bring back Trey Quinn or Adam Humphries to catch 4 yard stick routes with no YAC that Samuels is doing and save some money, watch his Carolina highlights, he's doing nothing of the like this season with us. Dotson, No YAC plays, a big drop late, everyone has forgotten the clutch catch he made vs Philly. IDK is this kid gonna be Michael Wesbrook or Vincent Jackson where we'll have to wait till his 4th or 5th year to see him breakout?? Dyami Brown, not even worth mentioning. Give me some Byron Pringle, he seems to make some kind of impact in the limited snaps he gets

EB- No running game, maybe it has to do with the line but I just want to see old school I-formation with a FB and use some misdirection or something and make things easy on Howell... Norvs teams could be awful but he would have games with Terry Allen where he was their only weapon and the whole stadium knew he was getting the ball and Allen could run it on the best defenses in the NFL sometimes, see vs Dallas in '95. I remember how hyped we were in '06 when we brought in Al Saunders from KC to fix our crappy O to compliment our LEGIT good defense but the offense still sucked. The following year though they showed drastic improvement, they weren't the KC teams he coached but it was better..

Defense - I mean its the same story, slow starts, they look good in the 2nd half but the opposing defense always looks better than them. But you give up 14 points it should be enough to win.. But when your up against practice squad guys and you got guys making more in one paycheck than they'll make the entire season Tyrod Taylors stat line should have looked like 11-26 107 yards 1 td 2 ints 2 fumbles, 1 lost.. And that 1st sack by Chase Young, was that not the most awkward SACK EVER it was like, " Ok I got you, you can go down now, nope you want me to help you down?? Ok, and there he's down" And then Chase celebrates by himself, you dont see guys swarm him and get hyped either..

At the end of the day it is the NFL, Buffalo loses to New England. Cleveland, who dominated the 49ers gives up 38 to the Colts. Atl beats TB in their crib. Miami only scores 17 in Philly supporting the theory they can only beat scrub teams, and Detroit only puts up 6 points vs Baltimore. 

So much dam parody in the league, when you win you dont get too hyped about it, when you lose, dont beat yourself up too much.. I will say this though, screw moral victories cause that Philly loss did nothing for us..

Edited by Playaction2Sanders

9 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Not a lot of JDR talk. They were missing 3 starting OL and their starting QB yet the OL handled our DL most of the game...HOW?

And Wink blitzed at least one almost every play. He knew we had a weak OL and a young QB and took advantage.

We did we not take advantage to their weakness and pressure the ***t out of Tyrod?

Another loss on the staff...lack of preparedness....do you effing job!

This is what infuriated me the most. Our offensive was as bad as it gets but we knew our O-line was bad and that Howell will struggle under pressure. So games like yesterday's are unfortunately nothing we do not have to expect.

But that their offense, with their backup QB and an O-line comrpised of practice squad signings, were hanging over 250 yards of offense on our (pretty healthy) defense is an absolute embarassement. They had more plays of 25+ yards in this one game against us than all season before. We were basically incapable of touching Tyrod Taylor in the first half. I have no idea why we are blessed with coaches who do not gameplan for the opponent. Once again we rushed 4 guys straight towards the QB, which has not worked all season and once again, it did not work. Their o-line probably did not get 1 practice in as a unit and we do not even try to make them guess who is coming from where. They did not need to pass players to one another because we didn't even stunt. We just show them presnap what we will do every ****ing snap.

Seriously, what does JDR do during the week? The commentators told us how Martindale called a completely different gameplan than last week against Buffalo. This guy knew where our weakness was and went full steam ahead for that every snap. It took JDR until the end of the first half to give that offense some different looks. He started to crowd the LOS and bring some pressure. The first time he did that, Chase Young got a sack. From that point onwards, the Giants scored 0 points and had like 45 yards of offense until that one drive that resulted in a fumble. So at least he adapted but for the love of god, how was that not the plan right away?

We will never know how good this defense could be because we wasted 4 years of some of these players with JDR. Just imagine if we had a guy like Mike Macdonald as our defensive coordinator for at least some time... But I figure we will not find out what their true potential is. Changes will come next offseason and we will hopefully finally hire a respectable GM. He will want to build his own roster and that defense ain't gonna look the same next year. That's at least how it should be. But it still stings because we have very capabale individual players on the defensive side, but we don't have a comprehensive unit or a scheme that lets them play to their strength.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The sign of a really really good coach is admitting you've made a mistake,  Rivera will not accept that. He will continue to play the same 5 OL for the rest of the season even if it causes a Horrible Injury to our young QB. Howell could be very good given even half a chance but stubborn ******* Rivera will not make any changes to help him.

RIVERA OUT 

RIVERA OUT 

RIVERA OUT 

“We knew we could eat this game,” Xavier McKinney said, “and the guys up front did. I think we just got a helluva front, and we got a helluva play-caller behind it, so when you get both of those, it’s hard to not get sacked against big guys like Dex and Leo [Leonard Williams] and Kayvon and all them guys.”

I asked Lawrence if he said anything to his men before the game.

“We got something to prove, let’s go prove it,” he said.

What did you have to prove?

“Who the Giants are,” he said.

The Giants are an offensively challenged team that ended their mind-blowing 220:42 touchdown drought in the second quarter when Tyrod Taylor threw his two TD passes, and when Daniel Jones (neck) returns, the defense will still need to carry the Giants the way the Jets’ defense carries them.

“We tell ourselves we gotta compete against the opposing team’s offense and their defense,” Okereke said. “They got a pretty dominant front four, but we have a dominant front four as well.”

And a maturing secondary. On this day, it didn’t matter that CB Adoree’ Jackson (neck) was sidelined. No. 1 draft pick Deonte Banks (first INT) for example, was fearless and resilient and a clutch open-field tackler.

“Last year it was about bringing ’em to the deep end, this year it’s about hitting them in their mouth first,” Thibodeaux said.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/22/giants-old-school-defense-building-a-monster-that-can-carry-shaky-offense/

8 hours ago, Commander PK said:

The worst part for me right now is the team has won 3 games but this doesn’t feel like a 3-4 team.  The losses to the Bears and Giants are about as bad as it gets.  

They could (and should) easily be 1-6 right now. Having to come back after getting destroyed by the Broncos and being gifted some terrible interceptions by the Falcons.

Those ‘wins’ don’t even feel like wins knowing how much of a fluke they were.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I talked about this on the QB thread.  For the Giants last night if they didn't have:

Deonte Banks, Jalin Hyat, Darren Waller, Isaiah Simmons, Bobby Okereke they'd definitley have lost.  But these are dudes they acquired in the off season.

As the Junkies are saying right now on the radio, this team lost this game in the off season.  The off season was pure crap. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s alarming that every week the teams that beat us always have a lot to say about what they knew was going to happen, what they saw on tape, etc.

I watched Logan and Hoffman's postgame youtube video last night.

Paulsen was by a mile the most sold on this team's off season, he might have been the only one thinking back on it.  Glass half full dude.   And I like Logan, but I get the vibe (for reasons I expressed before) that Ron talked to him about being more positive about this team (Ron being his boss) because Logan took a U-turn about this team mid stream during camp were some of his cynicism mysteriously just evaporated.

Logan has said before that the Giants coaches out coached these coaches last year.  Last night, Hoffman starts with Bieniemy being stubborn to a fault with a scheme that says I know you like the blitz the heck out of offenses but we are going to ignore it and run with the script we want anyway.  Paulsen agreed with that but then said he has to rewatch the game to definitively agree. 

He then went on to say the Giants did everything they wanted to based on their plan and it worked to a tee.

But yeah when you also have an off season that yields nothing.  And the Giants have 5 major contributors from the off season last night helping turn that game -- that's how you lose even playing against a team that was incredibly banged up.  I am not big on the Junkies but I agree with their point that this game was lost in the off season.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s alarming that every week the teams that beat us always have a lot to say about what they knew was going to happen, what they saw on tape, etc.

The Giants saying their plan was to hit this team in the mouth first, bothers me too.  Basically them saying they think this team is softer than them.  

It plays into Jonathan Allen's comment about them whopping their ass. 

It plays into Chris Russell's comment about he's around this team, this isn't a hair on fire team.  He spreads the blame on that but suggests that includes the coaches.

Ron comes off like a content companyman who had enough and now is looking forward his pension-retirement with no fire left.  The team seems to feed off of that.

Allen who played under Nick Saban can't be digging this regime. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Giants saying their plan was to hit this team in the mouth first, bothers me too.  Basically them saying they think this team is softer than them.  

It plays into Jonathan Allen's comment about them whopping their ass. 

It plays into Chris Russell's comment about he's around this team, this isn't a hair on fire team.  He spreads the blame on that but suggests that includes the coaches.

Ron comes off like a content companyman, looking forward his pension-retirement with no fire left.  The team seems to feed off of that.

Agreed, too often the team looks like they are sleep walking.  Both Chicago and the Giants came out with their hair on fire, full of energy and passion while our guys look like they just woke up.

• Like 3

I notice some (especially on twitter) are mad at Jonathan Allen for being mad because he's done that before and it yields nothing.

In Allen's defense.  He's been a great player.  And its he who tries to fire up this team emotionally every week.  He can't do it alone.  IMO he has every right to rant.  

At Alabama it wasn't his job to rally the troops, the coaches helped do that.  Alabama plays with an edge like their HC.  This team lacks that edge and its not Jonathan Allen's job to fix that.  He's doing plenty enough to help.

• Like 4