Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome New Owner Josh Harris

Dan T.

17 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I posted in the tailgate that I had worried about "you all" and of course that meant regs im the stadium, particularly folks like @zCommander @Skinsinparadise  @Koolblue13

And many more, inc some stadium fixtures  that showed up on my phone on a group text TK created from his phone book. 😆

This is all way over my head....if this site goes away I'm going to need an actual mailed letter notification. U.S. post. Stamp and postmark.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Don't ever do this to me again. I went to the Commies Reddit and I felt dirtier each time I reloaded the page waiting for more site info.

I also went to the Commies Discord server. Somebody put me out of my misery if I ever get driven back there again. Seeing kiddos alternating between defecation jokes and Spongebob memes made feel like I had to sit on my front porch and defend my lawn.

Yeah, the reddit guys aren't too fond of us, are they? I go to reddit, but only for niche things. The site is too bare and unorganized to me and multiple threads, the opposite reason why the redditors hate our site over here. I spent more time downloading the Discord app than using it, I don't get discord...way too impersonal. 

20 minutes ago, Destino said:

Do they really discuss Lord Jumbus on Reddit? That would seem elevate his status somewhat, no?

Yes, I had to steer the conversation back to what is happening to the site and less about who got banned by Jumbo. Several people have it out for him over there, if the price is right, I might have to give out his assassination coordinates.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I posted in the tailgate that I had worried about "you all" and of course that meant regs im the stadium, particularly folks like @zCommander @Skinsinparadise  @Koolblue13

And many more, inc some stadium fixtures  that showed up on my phone on a group text TK created from his phone book. 😆

The reminder of us will have to be contended with assuming we qualify for "and the rest..." status.

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I am not an addictive personality in general but lol I discovered it was tough to deal with my mornings without my daily rants about the offensive line.  Life felt different. 😎

• Like 6
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Are @Skinsinparadise and @Koolblue13 okay?

I don't know about them, but I had to check myself into a clinic with padded walls.  

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I was on a Twitter tirade early.

That is very on-brand, if we're being honest.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Didn’t we draw the conclusion this was @Destino’s fault? He kicked the cord.

So, true story:  Back in about 2005, I was working as a contractor for a Defense Department agency, and we had 2 production server farms, one on Boston and one in LA.  For "Continuity of Operations" reasons.  One site was live, the other was in backup mode.  (Remember, this was 2005, things are done somewhat differently these days.)

Well, when the entire agency was running on the East server farm, and one of the technicians was walking around the servers with what must have been the largest jug of coffee you've ever seen, walking around behind the servers, tripped, knocked into one server bank, and pouring coffee all over another one, which caused all kinds of problems.

The "COOP" team (people responsible for switching operations from one site to the other) jumped into action and we flipped over to the other server farm.  

The guy in charge of the East data center had to go in front of the CIO, a former Navy Admiral, and explain what happened.

Let's just say, I'm not sure he had any ass left after the public ass chewing which ensued.  If you have never experienced a military style dressing down, man, you don't want to.  

1 hour ago, PCS said:

I'm at the wait and see stage right now. Very grateful the site is back up,(I suspected something like this would happen though),but it's for a certain time for now. Pretty damn sure we'll be watched during that time while the powers that be evaluate the place and decide if it's part of their future or not.  

you-only-live-twice-you-only-live-twice-

9 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

The reminder of us will have to be contended with assuming we qualify for "and the rest..." status.

hqdefault.jpg

I love you Rufus. You know you've had me since the day you posted with that user name.

36 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

The downside of this is a bunch of people now have my number. If I start getting robo calls about car warranties I will know who to blame!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, MartinC said:

The downside of this is a bunch of people now have my number. If I start getting robo calls about car warranties I will know who to blame!!

I got a text from a “sui” shortly after the exchanges began. She sent a pic of her eating a lollipop.

I wish I was kidding. But it’s true. And I’m convinced this was @Spaceman Spiff’s doing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PCS said:

I'm at the wait and see stage right now. Very grateful the site is back up,(I suspected something like this would happen though),but it's for a certain time for now. Pretty damn sure we'll be watched during that time while the powers that be evaluate the place and decide if it's part of their future or not.  That said. 

rock-and-rule-clubbing.gif

Which is fair enough. But why wouldn’t they want a place they can engage with fans and build communities. 

I said on the group chat we had about this we should pitch someone over there on doing a rebrand and working with them to make this part of their efforts to build connections with fans - without making this too sterile or ‘controlled’.

Which is where lawyers come in …

23 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Yes, I had to steer the conversation back to what is happening to the site and less about who got banned by Jumbo. Several people have it out for him over there, if the price is right, I might have to give out his assassination coordinates.

He did I miss this thread? That’s hilarious.

Kudos to whomever made this Phoenix rise from the ashes.

I'm on this site EVERY day, reading more than posting. It's part of my daily fix. Sunday I left for New Orleans to buy a truck and just finished the drive home last night. And I came home to a blank forum.... Never again will I leave this site unsupervised for more than 12 hours. I turn my back and BOOM! y'all break it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nothing says a sharp mind and a stable developmental level of emotional maturity to give years of free rent in your head to a lowly internet mod on an old school football message board. And it's not even for one of the big marquee teams.

And of course to hang out on a reddit subforum and commiserate over the great injustice of it all with fellow abusees.

🙂

Then to top it off, there's the reality that in each case they were actually banned for violating forum rules in a manner or context that made removal absolutely appropriate.

Life is hard on the mean streets.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5