Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome New Owner Josh Harris

Dan T.

Don't ever do this to me again. I went to the Commies Reddit and I felt dirtier each time I reloaded the page waiting for more site info.

I also went to the Commies Discord server. Somebody put me out of my misery if I ever get driven back there again. Seeing kiddos alternating between defecation jokes and Spongebob memes made feel like I had to sit on my front porch and defend my lawn.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, KDawg said:

So uh, I recommend following some ES’ers on X/Twit… just, you know… in case…

I'd do that, but I'm a cheapskate and refuse to pay for what used to be free before. Aside from the single facebook post by TK, I was entirely in the dark from official ES sources.
😭

Just now, NickyJ said:

I'd do that, but I'm a cheapskate and refuse to pay for what used to be free before. Aside from the single facebook post by TK, I was entirely in the dark from official ES sources.
😭

It’s… still free.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

Can we ask if Harris/Magic get credit for the website coming back online after persuasion, or was this entirely the ES staff carrying us on your back?

Not really sure if Harris/Magic get the credit. Calling Magic out on Twitter/X whatever was a “Voice of the Voiceless” move for the entire 20+ year community that’s been built here. 

But I’ll say this, while he’s been blamed for a lot of screwups under Dan, Jason Wright actually at one point offered to pay the server bill out of his own pocket. 

THATS a move to get the fan base (at least here) back. 

Props & respect to him for that. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

When ES was down, I submitted a form on the commanders.com website asking them to pay for the site with its 20+ years of use that got us through the Snyder times. I have a speech level of 100 in Skyrim, so that's probably the biggest part of what convinced the powers that be to turn the power back on. You're welcome, guys.

7 minutes ago, TK said:

Not really sure if Harris/Magic get the credit. Calling Magic out on Twitter/X whatever was a “Voice of the Voiceless” move for the entire 20+ year community that’s been built here. 

But I’ll say this, while he’s been blamed for a lot of screwups under Dan, Jason Wright actually at one point offered to pay the server bill out of his own pocket. 

That changes my opinion of Jason a LOT. ES is a big deal to some of us at least, so seeing Jason offer to do something just for the fans means a lot to me. Without ES, I just wouldn't have the same connection with the team. Most of my info, for better or worse, comes from here. I think for better because when I repeat what I see here to other people, it makes me sound smart and measured.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

When ES was down, I submitted a form on the commanders.com website asking them to pay for the site with its 20+ years of use that got us through the Snyder times. I have a speech level of 100 in Skyrim, so that's probably the biggest part of what convinced the powers that be to turn the power back on. You're welcome, guys.

That changes my opinion of Jason a LOT. ES is a big deal to some of us at least, so seeing Jason offer to do something just for the fans means a lot to me. Without ES, I just wouldn't have the same connection with the team. Most of my info, for better or worse, comes from here. I think for better because when I repeat what I see here to other people, it makes me sound smart and measured.

Smart and measured? You sure you’re on ES?

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Are @Skinsinparadise and @Koolblue13 okay?

I was on a Twitter tirade early.

13 minutes ago, TK said:

Great job! Laden swallow.

• Like 1

This is why we should be thankful that Jeff Bezos didn't buy the team. If he had, ES wouldn't be back. He'd have bought a new forum, and bought new people to post on there. He can buy new baubles, but he can't buy new bobbleheads like me.

• Thumb up 1