Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome New Owner Josh Harris

Dan T.

We don't need Belichick.  We need a younger head coach.  There are several young coaches who left our team and got head coaching jobs elsewhere.

We need to find the next young Joe Gibbs type who is an offensive coordinator right now and wants to run his own team.  We don't need a young defensive coordinator.

We need an offensive mind who can develop our quarterback and call plays.  I think you can interview Eric B. but we should also have at least 3 or 4 others to interview

as well.  We probably should have the owner pick the new General Manager and then have the General Manager set up the Head Coaching interviews.  Hiring Marty Hurney

and Martin Mayhew in the front office was a huge mistake.  Mayhew did not help Detroit get better at all.

• Like 2

Just now, lavar1156 said:

Sheehan has been ranting and raving about who leaked the disparaging Chase Young quotes after we traded him. Says it reeks of the old regime. I doubt it was Harris' people.

I heard him today ranting and then on the next show Doc Walker went off about the same issue.   I think the Coaches told Young not to freelance and he kept freelancing anyway.

I would have benched him but in today's NFL evidently if you have a "star" then you cannot discipline him or bench him.  Sheehan thinks they are talking behind Young's back.

I think Sheehan is dead wrong.  Now maybe Mayhew talked to the local press about the addition by subtraction comment and he is trying to save his job with the new owner.

9 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I heard him today ranting and then on the next show Doc Walker went off about the same issue.   I think the Coaches told Young not to freelance and he kept freelancing anyway.

I would have benched him but in today's NFL evidently if you have a "star" then you cannot discipline him or bench him.  Sheehan thinks they are talking behind Young's back.

I think Sheehan is dead wrong.  Now maybe Mayhew talked to the local press about the addition by subtraction comment and he is trying to save his job with the new owner.

They wanted him to build trade value now that he’s finally healthy enough to play, he can’t do that on the bench even if you’re unhappy with him. It worked. He showed he can play a bunch of snaps again without his knee blowing into a million pieces, got a few sacks. It’s what they needed him to do 

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It came from Mike Silver, it’s not exactly a secret who it came from.

That's why Rivera’s fake outrage about it is so insulting. He’s really that arrogant lol 

Edited by Conn
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

That's why Rivera’s fake outrage about it is so insulting. He’s really that arrogant lol 

Part of the reason I want him fired. Taking crap about the guy on the way out and then acting surprised that it got out. Dude we all know it came from you. It’s so Snyder esqe. The dude deserves to be fired 

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think that's Florio throwing something against the wall. Just today Keim said he expected Harris to hire a GM and that GM will hire the coach.  An aging GM-coach isn't up Harris alley.

That would not be Harris's MO to hire a retread like Bill Belacheat.  Without Brady, BB has turned back into a pumpkin - he's the Browns coach that he was 20 years ago all over again.

Edited by Rex Tomb
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, lavar1156 said:

Sheehan has been ranting and raving about who leaked the disparaging Chase Young quotes after we traded him. Says it reeks of the old regime. I doubt it was Harris' people.

I’ll help.  It was Ron and Jack. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think that's Florio throwing something against the wall. Just today Keim said he expected Harris to hire a GM and that GM will hire the coach.  An aging GM-coach isn't up Harris alley.

“Fake News Florio” as Galdi has dubbed him. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MassSkinsFan said:

I honesty think this will be a big improvement! 👍

Hated the CY trade,  but I absolutely do love the idea that we aren’t afraid to risk getting rookies that potentially can produce more than they did . 90 mil in cap space also to sign some guys I’m hoping Patrick queen and Burns are here come March 2024.

There is nothing to gain disparaging Young publicly like that, but that's kinda how Rivera and Del Rio operate.

Can't wait till we lose these dinosaurs.

5 hours ago, Conn said:

💪

I'm utterly shocked that Rivera doesn't grasp the concept of maximizing value

/s

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

That would not be Harris's MO to hire a retread like Bill Belacheat.  Without Brady, BB has turned back into a pumpkin - he's the Browns coach that he was 20 years ago all over again.

That reminds me of the comments that prior to the sale, one of the prospective new ownership groups had contacted Sean Payton about possibly replacing Rivera. I've heard rumors somewhere that it might have been Josh. To me, that didn't sound like Josh's MO however but it did sound like something another "Dan Snyder"  would have done, i.e. impulsively going after the biggest "name" currently available.  

I think it must have been one of the other bidders.

6 hours ago, SonnySideUp said:

That reminds me of the comments that prior to the sale, one of the prospective new ownership groups had contacted Sean Payton about possibly replacing Rivera. I've heard rumors somewhere that it might have been Josh. To me, that didn't sound like Josh's MO however but it did sound like something another "Dan Snyder"  would have done, i.e. impulsively going after the biggest "name" currently available.  

I think it must have been one of the other bidders.

Keim was asked about that, he said it wasn't Harris.  But who knows.

8 hours ago, Conn said:

What Ron forgot to say is “I liked the ideas, I  HAD to agree with the ideas to keep my job beyond yesterday…”  There’s no way Ron came up with this idea to trade both Sweat and Young. This type of an aggressive move is not in Ron’s repertoire. This has Josh Harris and the Harris group written all over it.  Management is back in charge until this season is over.

• Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

No idea what you just said. It's like I'm back on myspace.

Old Man Yells at Cloud] – DK Design Blog

and that's okay.  I saw something funny, and I added to it because I could. I think the gag has passed now. Its okay if non coders don't understand it... no worries.

• Like 1