Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome New Owner Josh Harris

Dan T.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

76ers, 6-1.  Hoffman and Standig who are basketball freaks love what Harris did with 76ers over the years, among some others.   I was just listening to Hoffman say no way could Harris listen to Nick Nurse who is a basketball genius and then talk football with Rivera who is no football genius and not notice the difference,  

It's funny to hear Philly fans turn on Harris as soon as he purchased the Commanders 

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was just listening to Hoffman say no way could Harris listen to Nick Nurse who is a basketball genius and then talk football with Rivera who is no football genius and not notice the difference.

“Well Josh, I think the real key to winning is reminding players to do their jobs. And signs on the wall are great aids.” ~~ Rivera

4FC6D89D-CCEC-4FFA-B2E5-291574C9F4E7.gif

• Haha 5

It's actually Morey, the GM, who Harris trusts to handle all of the basketball decisions. Morey hired Nick Nurse years ago when he was in Houston and named Nurse the head coach of their G-league team. I would bet everything that the real people on the hot seats, probably including Rivera, are the management guys like Hurney, Wright and Mayhew. They will need to convince Harris of the plan moving forward or he's gonna bring in the best GM he can find after talking to everyone he can who's in the know. 

Harris left Brett Brown coach the Sixers for one season too long or they likely would have a championship now, they year they had Jimmy Butler and lost to Toronto in game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals. Nick Nurse is tremendous so far and is heads and shoulders above Doc Rivers. Harris will get winners in the front office of the Commanders and they will make the football decisions. He'll also improve the game day experience for certain. I'm confident in these two things. Good days are coming. 

• Like 2

Amazing how much the Eagles FO has been raided

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/11/10/2023-nfl-midseason-exec-awards-mvp-lamar-jackson-ravens-qb#gid=ci02ce0f877000240c&pid=executive-of-the-year

Executive of the Year

Philly is still deep, and talented all over the place, and remains on the cutting edge with Roseman.

Winner: Eagles GM Howie Roseman (13)

Also receiving votes: Holmes (8.5), Ravens GM Eric DeCosta (5), Texans GM Nick Caserio (3.5), Dolphins GM Chris Grier (3), Chiefs GM Brett Veach (2.5), 49ers GM John Lynch (1.5), Jaguars GM Trent Baalke (1), Browns GM Andrew Berry (1)

Consider this: The Eagles lost Miles Sanders, Isaac Seumalo, Javon Hargrave, T.J. Edwards, C.J. Gardner-Johnson, and Marcus Epps (among others), and no one has seemed to even notice. Philly is still deep, and talented all over the place, and remains on the cutting edge in so many ways with how they’ve married traditional scouting and analytics. So, yes, Roseman is the obvious choice as he was last year. Among the other vote-getters, Holmes (for a lot of the reasons Campbell is our Coach of the Year), DeCosta (for finally settling the Jackson contract situation, and acquiring guys such as Roquan Smith, Odell Beckham Jr. and Zay Flowers) and Caserio (for drafting C.J. Stroud and hiring Ryans) all have very strong cases here, too, as the final count indicates.

• 4 months later...

Incredible actor, didn’t realize he was one of our celebrity fans but now seeing some of his past tweets/comments, it’s clear he’s an informed fan. Pretty cool

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 3/28/2024 at 2:24 PM, CobraCommander said:

I didn’t know if this and been posted anywhere else but I liked this interview.

When I originally saw this however long ago I thought "he'd be a great voice to narrate some team content. I mean, Marvel hired him to voice the Watcher and he crushed it. 

• Like 2

On 3/28/2024 at 3:36 PM, Conn said:

Incredible actor, didn’t realize he was one of our celebrity fans but now seeing some of his past tweets/comments, it’s clear he’s an informed fan. Pretty cool

Great on West World, as Felix Leiter in a couple of Daniel Craig, Bond films, in a very underrated role as an inmate in O.G., and plenty of other roles that elude me at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing him in American Fiction when it starts streaming.

• Like 3