Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome New Owner Josh Harris

Dan T.

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Whut? So, Cooleyfan secretly still here under a different name?

I am pretty sure he means as a guest. Read only. Now if he done more reading and less posting he wouldn't have been banned lol

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Really happy this place is back, been pretty tuned out this year but I can't imagine watching this team on Sundays without it. There's been a lot of games over the years that have been so awful to sit through. Having (relatively) mature people to laugh at the futility of it all with is often times the only positive to be had.

I hate reddit, but did check the commies site. Had no idea that Jumbo was so hated. Always kinda figured TK had a higher ban count. Maybe "Hi, there" just doesn't get to people the way being psychoanalyzed and talked down to does. Pretty ****in' hilarious to read.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, MartinC said:

Which is fair enough. But why wouldn’t they want a place they can engage with fans and build communities. 

I said on the group chat we had about this we should pitch someone over there on doing a rebrand and working with them to make this part of their efforts to build connections with fans - without making this too sterile or ‘controlled’.

Which is where lawyers come in …

Sigh...this seems like the ultimate catch 22 of the team taking the site "seriously"...

12 hours ago, TK said:

Not really sure if Harris/Magic get the credit. Calling Magic out on Twitter/X whatever was a “Voice of the Voiceless” move for the entire 20+ year community that’s been built here. 

But I’ll say this, while he’s been blamed for a lot of screwups under Dan, Jason Wright actually at one point offered to pay the server bill out of his own pocket. 

THATS a move to get the fan base (at least here) back. 

Props & respect to him for that. 

Damn...so I gotta end my Xhitter boycott AND take Wright off my **** list???

*packs peacepipe...

5 hours ago, zCommander said:

I am pretty sure he means as a guest. Read only. Now if he done more reading and less posting he wouldn't have been banned lol

I was confused by the word "private" too, as usual I've no idea what he meant but it was funny he's obviously sneaked back on here. Someone suggested sending the Commanders an email, which I did, can't remember how rude I was though......

• Thumb up 1

I'm a fairly new poster (2019) but have been a lurker on this site since the early 2000s. If this place went away then I honestly have no clue where to go. Where else can I vent my frustrations when we are at a low, or bask in the glory when we are at a high?? I'm married to a cowboys fan, (opposites attract) so it's not like my spouse supports my football Fandom lol.....Every other platform I've lurked on I just don't feel the posters provide the knowledge and passion like this place.  I don't know any one of you personally,  but I sure do have a lot in common with every single one of you!!

• Like 7

I want to personally thank anyone and everyone that might have had a hand in getting the site back up and running. Even though I don't post much I do a ton of reading and enjoy hearing everyone's take on this team. This site has become a part of my daily routine for yrs now. Truly don't know what I'd do if this site disappeared forever. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't know about them, but I had to check myself into a clinic with padded walls.  

That is very on-brand, if we're being honest.

So, true story:  Back in about 2005, I was working as a contractor for a Defense Department agency, and we had 2 production server farms, one on Boston and one in LA.  For "Continuity of Operations" reasons.  One site was live, the other was in backup mode.  (Remember, this was 2005, things are done somewhat differently these days.)

Well, when the entire agency was running on the East server farm, and one of the technicians was walking around the servers with what must have been the largest jug of coffee you've ever seen, walking around behind the servers, tripped, knocked into one server bank, and pouring coffee all over another one, which caused all kinds of problems.

The "COOP" team (people responsible for switching operations from one site to the other) jumped into action and we flipped over to the other server farm.  

The guy in charge of the East data center had to go in front of the CIO, a former Navy Admiral, and explain what happened.

Let's just say, I'm not sure he had any ass left after the public ass chewing which ensued.  If you have never experienced a military style dressing down, man, you don't want to.  

My twitter post history went from 4 to 10 yesterday.

and I just assumed that I was banned from here again.

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, dunfer said:

how much does it cost to run a message board? it couldnt be that much...message boards are for old people. hell charge a yearly 10 dollar fee if you dont want to see ads for walk-in tubs or something

The forum is impossible to find once you click on any of the above links anyways. so just put us on life support till theres only one guy left (kdawg) posting useful stuff for history buffs

I ran a sports-gaming forum that had 130-230 users logging in each day.  We had 20-30 who used a chat box every day which took up some bandwidth.  Post counts were over 1 million for the board, and it was a 4-5 year old database for the forum plus a WordPress homepage.  We had to have the ability to also plan for big spikes in activity- NFL draft, Madden release, etc. We paid about $120 a month and that was 10 years ago. 

For a board like PSD or ES, where it’s a 20 year old database, multiple software updates, millions and millions of posts, all of the user account information, all of the moderator logs, server lots, etc.  You’re probably looking at a decent multiple of that number.  

A simple google search on if this was shut down led me to the Reddit thread (a site I'm never on) and man was I bummed reading it was turned off with no notice.  Searched again for updates yesterday and still bummed.  This is my go to site daily over any other as there are so many gems of threads with insightful comments and horrible takes but all are so entertaining.  Felt like I lost a sibling (though I talk more hear than to them lol). 

As Jeff Lynne would say...I'm extremely "chuffed" that it's back up and hope it continues forever.  Thank You Mods or whomever keeps the train going!!

Mazel Mazel, Good Tings!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mostly a lurker, but I came to realize yesterday that I’m a bit addicted to this site. Glad it’s back, not only for my personal sanity, but more importantly I would’ve been seriously down on the new owners if they had really pulled the plug in the middle of the season without warning like that. I really can’t stand social media, and dipping my toes in there a little bit yesterday reminded me of that. This is as far into it as I really want to go. Maybe a message board like this is simply social media for us older folks, but that’s fine. I prefer a more mature conversation anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the big thing is how clean this site is. Its really easy to navigate from one forum to another and the threads are easily identified. And when you scroll down its easy to read and catch up on posts, etc. Reddit is just obnoxious with all the upvoting, hidden comments etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

@Jumbo is such a dictator. Seriously, I've never been banned even though I am one of the biggest assholes on this board.

Poor RichmonRedskin88, he disagrees ONCE. ONCE! And gets the axe...such a poor, poor, poor victim.

image.png.53ca2b057f2325ad67f42abcf0731422.png

11 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

No, I'm not.

I mean, he's not.

No, I'm CooleyFan93...and so's my wife!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

Mostly a lurker, but I came to realize yesterday that I’m a bit addicted to this site. Glad it’s back, not only for my personal sanity, but more importantly I would’ve been seriously down on the new owners if they had really pulled the plug in the middle of the season without warning like that. I really can’t stand social media, and dipping my toes in there a little bit yesterday reminded me of that. This is as far into it as I really want to go. Maybe a message board like this is simply social media for us older folks, but that’s fine. I prefer a more mature conversation anyway. 

Yep same here. Not a social media user. This is where I come for my fix. Long may that  continue. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, peanut0862 said:

So Reddit is like the island of misfit skins, and Jumbo is the one who banished them?

reddit's commander sub is a drunken frat party

ES is a chill cigar lounge 

Edited by gortiz
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Nothing says a sharp mind and a stable developmental level of emotional maturity to give years of free rent in your head to a lowly internet mod on an old school football message board. And it's not even for one of the big marquee teams.

And of course to hang out on a reddit subforum and commiserate over the great injustice of it all with fellow abusees.

🙂

Then to top it off, there's the reality that in each case they were actually banned for violating forum rules in a manner or context that made removal absolutely appropriate.

Life is hard on the mean streets.

it was hilarious to see your handle on the commanders sub and people complaining ... and of course absolving themselves of any wrong doing and "not doing anything" 

1ef1579c-e67b-48c1-ad9a-6a6232857013_tex

• Haha 4

76ers, 6-1.  Hoffman and Standig who are basketball freaks love what Harris did with 76ers over the years, among some others.   I was just listening to Hoffman say no way could Harris listen to Nick Nurse who is a basketball genius and then talk football with Rivera who is no football genius and not notice the difference,  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, wunderhill said:

I want to personally thank anyone and everyone that might have had a hand in getting the site back up and running. Even though I don't post much I do a ton of reading and enjoy hearing everyone's take on this team. This site has become a part of my daily routine for yrs now. Truly don't know what I'd do if this site disappeared forever. 

I have nothing to do with the site maintenance, but I did what I could do.

Let's just say sacrifices were made  ...

And the neighbors are still looking for their parakeet.

;)

:229:The Rook

• Haha 4