Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome New Owner Josh Harris

Dan T.

2 hours ago, TK said:

Not really sure if Harris/Magic get the credit. Calling Magic out on Twitter/X whatever was a “Voice of the Voiceless” move for the entire 20+ year community that’s been built here. 

But I’ll say this, while he’s been blamed for a lot of screwups under Dan, Jason Wright actually at one point offered to pay the server bill out of his own pocket. 

THATS a move to get the fan base (at least here) back. 

Props & respect to him for that. 

I was an admin at one point on ProSportsDaily, and Covers (through Nova Scotia Media Pro through Tribune Media) decided to give everyone four days notice on shutting the site down and “merging” it with a sports gambling site. 

From what I know about Wright, he interacted with a friend of mine at a tailgate late last season and was brutally honest saying he met Snyder only two times.  So he’s all good in my book, him offering to cover the bill- which I know for a site this large is no small chunk of change- is pretty impressive.  

56 minutes ago, c slag said:

Do all NFL teams have message boards ?

I only know of this one ,

and a Philadelphia Eagles one called "bleeding green nation" ? I believe that was the name ,not really sure 

Most places are shutting forums down now, they just aren’t attracting many new members at this.  Reddit, Discord and social media are how the younger crowd can communicate instantly, with a much larger audience.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThomasTomasz said:

I was an admin at one point on ProSportsDaily, and Covers (through Nova Scotia Media Pro through Tribune Media) decided to give everyone four days notice on shutting the site down and “merging” it with a sports gambling site. 

From what I know about Wright, he interacted with a friend of mine at a tailgate late last season and was brutally honest saying he met Snyder only two times.  So he’s all good in my book, him offering to cover the bill- which I know for a site this large is no small chunk of change- is pretty impressive.  

Agreed. Wright did a major service to us as fans who covet the (now) unique format of forums and long form conversation and community.

I personally won’t ever forget that.

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Most places are shutting forums down now, they just aren’t attracting many new members at this.  Reddit, Discord and social media are how the younger crowd can communicate instantly, with a much larger audience.  

how much does it cost to run a message board? it couldnt be that much...message boards are for old people. hell charge a yearly 10 dollar fee if you dont want to see ads for walk-in tubs or something

The forum is impossible to find once you click on any of the above links anyways. so just put us on life support till theres only one guy left (kdawg) posting useful stuff for history buffs

• Like 2

I'm glad the site is back up; I hope it's realized by the new management  how this board helps as one more avenue for the Washington franchise to  re-engage the fans (even the quiet ones) and serves as a channel to regrow the fanbase. 

I  really enjoy how the active participation of this board on game day adds a new element to watching this team perform.  How many franchises support a way for their fans to "pass notes' during the game-day experience?  

I've seen a lot of other franchise's fans' message boards, and candidly, this is one area where Washington wins, both in-season and off-season.  I just wish Washington had more wins to fuel what this board starts doing to multiply the reasons for optimism among the larger Washington fanbase.  When Washington wins a lot, I've seen how this site fuels the urge to express support as a fan -- for attending games, as well as other ways, like jerseys, etc.  And I'm not going into how this site helps with the water cooler discussions.  And that's a great multiplier effect to stoke interest in the franchise's events, just as a conversation topper.

Someone in the Washington FO stepped up and made a great decision for their fanbase.  And thank you for that!

Edited by Wyvern
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Huge relief to be back. The community here has been there from my college years to my mid-30’s now, I experienced such a strange feeling of loss thinking it (and all of you people who live in my phone) might be gone. It would certainly sever a part of my fanhood from myself if this place were to be gone, I’d never be able to recreate the sense of community on Reddit or twitter, even though I use those platforms to read about other topics.

This place is a relic, sure, but a valuable one. The way I experience the draft and FA especially would lose so much meaning without this place. Gameday, same thing. We all rode together down into the pit of hell under Snyder, kept the hope alive that things could improve—hell sometimes I think we willed it to be. Damn, do we deserve to emerge back into the light together under new ownership. Appreciate you all.

All that said, I have to say that this blip did bring me some amount of laughter:

IMG_3593.jpeg

IMG_3594.jpeg

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Typical. 😄

I don't think I'm even the one who gave that ban. Checking his user notes, and by my memory, he'd had several warnings on several rule violations from TK and me.

To be clear, at the time he'd been going through a downward spiral posting here, frequently noted in other posters feedback to him when they'd reply, and had mentioned several times on here that he was having trouble managing his drinking.

TK was the last one to enter a warning notice to him and while TK didn't give him any points for it, it looks like he had enough accumulated from all the previous violations to put him out, a function built into the software.

For fun I tried to link the FB posts he made that tk copied and put into that warning he gave but couldn't figure out how to do it.

It was pretty entertaining. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Whut? So, Cooleyfan secretly still here under a different name?

He definitely implied that. I wonder if he was telling the truth or bsing. How long has he been gone anyway? Seems like a year atleast. I remember thinking that after a cool down period, they'd let him come back. Lol. I was wrong.

13 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Typical. 😄

I don't think I'm even the one who gave that ban. Checking his user notes, and by my memory, he'd had several warnings on several rule violations from TK and me.

To be clear, at the time he'd been going through a downward spiral posting here, frequently noted in other posters feedback to him when they'd reply, and had mentioned several times on here that he was having trouble managing his drinking.

TK was the last one to enter a warning notice to him and while TK didn't give him any points for it, it looks like he had enough accumulated from all the previous violations to put him out, a function built into the software.

For fun I tried to link the FB posts he made that tk copied and put into that warning he gave but couldn't figure out how to do it.

It was pretty entertaining. 😆

I was reading the reddit stuff and it was astounding how many people blasted you. Some said that they didn't do anything wrong at all. That they just disagreed with you about something and boom, they were banned or suspended. I wondered if you were reading what they were saying or not. 

I didn't think it was that many, especially given the length of time we've been here and number of posters active over the years. 😄

@AlwaysBeRedskins2Me

I've been doing this a long time. And I'm not the average bear when it comes to knowing human cognition/behavior.

We have clear and comprehensive rules that people agree to follow when they register. We actually tend to be lenient even while trying to run a tight ship and offer a better than normal message board fourm.

People acting out over being banned by a mod anywhere have long been an internet meme, as are mods and message board participants in general. 🙂

I really don't have much emotional reaction to that kind of stuff other than to laugh at it and sometimes shine a critical, even scathing, light on it if I think it's fitting in some manner.

Mostly I ignore it unless it has standout comedy merit. 🤡💩👹

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1