Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome New Owner Josh Harris

Dan T.

If there is any truth to the Bill B rumor that will be seriously dissapointing. Really tired of the retreads and he will want full control - GM/HC. He is not a good GM, never was. 

Hire a GM and let them hire thier HC. It's all many of us have wanted for a very long time. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

If there is any truth to the Bill B rumor that will be seriously dissapointing. Really tired of the retreads and he will want full control - GM/HC. He is not a good GM, never was. 

Hire a GM and let them hire thier HC. It's all many of us have wanted for a very long time. 

JP FInlay called it BS already, thank God. I want Ben Johnson or Kevin Smith here. They're my 1a and 1b.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

20 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Typical nonsense from Florio, and he knows there's no way that happens. Just trying to generate headlines. When it's clear this ain't gonna happen, he'll say they found a flux capacitor* and a photo of Vince Lombardi at Ashburn. There's always another stupid story from him.

* Not to be confused with the position flex capacitor that RR keeps in the top drawer

Edited by skinzplay
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Kinda off-topic, but they were talking on 106.7 yesterday afternoon about the "Bruce Allen Tapes." Basically, someone would come into Allen's office, and Allen would pause the tape he was watching to talk to them. The person would leave the office and touch base with subsequent office visitors, who would all verify that Allen's tape was always paused on the same scene when they came in, with Bruce making a big show of "lemme pause this, just watchin' some tape" and trying to make it look like he was actually watching tape when he wasn't.

That certainly explains a lot of the personnel decisions this team made under Allen. 😜

• Haha 12

Swing by the thread to chime in on how great it is to see harris’ immediate impact and proactive approach on expiring contracts. Bye bye compensatory pick threads??

someone told me they hated the chase young trade as it may be just a few slots ahead of the comp pick we’d potentially receive. We have a lot of cap going into this off-season so I’m thinking we made the trade knowing the comp pick would be voided.

Regarding sweat, bears fans are not pumped. I couldn’t be happier to exchange him for a low-mid 30s pick.

I completely missed the news about the new FO hire. I love where his mind is; we so desperately need analytics introduced to this franchise. 

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The first point made me fall in love and @TradeTheBeal! die a little inside….

It reminds me of when people would shout "WHEN WE RUN THE BALL X # OF TIMES OUR RECORD IS 100-8" or something, not understanding that teams that win often run the ball late when they already have leads, they don't run it to build the lead.

Listened to the whole Shen lecture

A.  Big believer in trading down in the draft.

B. Love TEs especially dual threat types who can catch and block.  lol, as I do so I like that part.  The value of a TE who can pass and block and in turn not telegraph to defenses what the team will do he finds invaluable.   Bargain in FAs versus WRs since they aren't paid the same.

C.  Likes going for it on 4th down especially when they are just out of field goal range but referenced having the horses to be successful.

D.  Likes going for 2 when you are the inferior opponent for the win.

E. John Harbaugh was-is an animal using this as a tool.  There is a coaching anayltics department there.  And a seperate personnel one.  He was hyping up this guy Stern who is still there and dones their defense anayltics.  they'd give Harbaugh 30 page reports for upcoming games and Harbaugh the next day can cite it to a tee.

F. Was quizzing the audience about scenario after scenario.

G.  the 4th down model he created for the Ravens, they still use.    Based on his calculations. 

H.  He's a pass early.  Run late to ice the game.   Like most anayltics.

I.  He's different than some anayltics types on RBs.  He agrees about doesn't like spending much on them in FA, since they peak early and fade.  But he's a fan of drafting RBs -- get them young at their best.  He's OK with drafting a RB high if they have elite ability.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listened to the whole Shen lecture

B. Love TEs especially dual threat types who can catch and block.  lol, as I do so I like that part.  The value of a TE who can pass and block and in turn not telegraph to defenses what the team will do he finds invaluable.   Bargain in FAs versus WRs since they aren't paid the same.

How I would love to get Brock Bowers, I know LT is paramount but this guy could be a fantastic weapon for Howell. Looks like he's projecting to go around #7.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

How I would love to get Brock Bowers, I know LT is paramount but this guy could be a fantastic weapon for Howell. Looks like he's projecting to go around #7.

Brock, especially considering his injury could be there where they pick.  I haven't dived in to the class yet but I watched a lot of him when I watched Darnell Washington.  Special player.  Some knock him for his blocking but IMO his blocking is good enough, just like it was for Kincaid and Laporta.  He's better than both Laporta and Kincaid IMO and he typifies what Chen was selling.  He's that type of player. 

But man did Ron's neglect on the O line box us in to go to town on that position.  Ron likes to talk about his "legacy" for his club when he's gone.  I don't think much of his legacy in personnel.  He did from a legacy standpoint help calm the storm in the locker room during a crazy time.  But his legacy as to personnel isn't hot IMO.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Brock, especially considering his injury could be there where they pick.  I haven't dived in to the class yet but I watched a lot of him when I watched Darnell Washington.  Special player.  Some knock him for his blocking but IMO his blocking is good enough, just like it was for Kincaid and Laporta.  He's better than both Laporta and Kincaid IMO and he typifies what Chen was selling.  He's that type of player. 

But man did Ron's neglect on the O line box us in to go to town on that position.  Ron likes to talk about his "legacy" for his club when he's gone.  I don't think much of his legacy in personnel.  He did from a legacy standpoint help calm the storm in the locker room during a crazy time.  But his legacy as to personnel isn't hot IMO.

Really hits home to think that instead of 2 solid linemen we have Forbes and Martin. Then, like you said, we get boxed in this draft to having to go OL.

• Thumb up 1

42 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Really hits home to think that instead of 2 solid linemen we have Forbes and Martin. Then, like you said, we get boxed in this draft to having to go OL.

Epically bad off season.  Not just because these guys don't contribute this season but because of how imbalanced this roster is.  Now the focus seems to be to fix the imbalance with Ron acting like he's not the dude that created the problem --- just focus on him as the dude with the solutions for this. :ols:

Ron went full bet on the defense.  The defense regressed big time.  He decided to roll the dice on the O line with shaky bets for two seasons in a row -- with one of his signings already benched and the other leading the league in sacks given up-hurries or close enough to the worst.

Best example is the Lions.  9-8 last season.  We were 8-8-1.

The difference now.  A killer off season for the Lions.  F off season for us.  They are better coached too.  

Some don't like the trading for picks drill.  But part of the Lions successful off season is they had extra picks and knew how to use them.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

The legacy of Ron personnel wise will be easily forgotten. I think we’re coming into a massive rebuild and deconstruction of the entire roster. 

I expect us to trade down from our pick if it’s not a QB selection. I top 3 pick would amazing for us. QB or trade down 

26 minutes ago, Stihl89 said:

The legacy of Ron personnel wise will be easily forgotten. I think we’re coming into a massive rebuild and deconstruction of the entire roster. 

I expect us to trade down from our pick if it’s not a QB selection. I top 3 pick would amazing for us. QB or trade down 

Don't get the vibe at all, not a whit, listening to narratives about a massive deconstruction.   Keim has nailed almost everything and seems to have a pipeline to this ownership altough he hasn't really globally explained what he thinks will happen yet.  Just bits and pieces now.    And the new FO clearly will be a wildcard and impossible to predict yet.

Feels at least the current thinking is to keep most of the remaining roster intact.  They could have traded more guys leading to the trading deadline but didn't want to do it.

It feels like trade down, draft like 10 players.  Go to town in FA.  And compete in 2024.    

I get the sense the implications are that #1, they think they can pull it off.   #2 some concerns that the fans can endure a 3-4 year rebuild -- let alone teams have rebuilt in 1-2 years so why not think bigger.  We got two narraitves now, one from a national reporter, the other from Keim to expect them to be aggressive to give fans some hope this off season.  Russini mentioned it in the context of FA.  Keim said it globally.  None of that feels like a tear down to me.

Also, I know you aren't a Howell guy.  But from what I've heard from beat guys, ownership digs him.  Granted it can go sideways still but if it keeps on this trajectory, I don't think they are trading the moon for a QB.  But that can change I gather if Howell struggles and or their pick ends up really high.

I have heard enough from Shen that the last thing he'd want to do is trading a lot of draft picks away from the start to trade up in theory at least.   Granted whomever the new FO person is might have their own ideas.  Will see.  But right now I don't get the vibe at all that they are about to tear down this roster.  Feels like they will take it up 2-3 notches that some (me, @Koolblue13 talked about a lot last off season, that the ramping up was coming in 2023).  Ron did the opposite in 2023, he brought it down a notch or two if anything which surprised some of us, me included.  Let alone the little he did sucked. And hence we got this season so far.

I've listened to more about both trades including now Logan Paulsen.  The issue with Sweat they felt was he'd command 25 million, and they didn't think he was a 25 million dollar player so if they got good trade value, they'd trade him if not they'd have held on and hoped for the best in FA.  As for Chase, this coaching staff wanted him gone.  They'd have probably taken a 5th round pick if that's all they were offered.

Their ideas were to refuse trades for their other players, I gather Fuller, J. Allen, Brissett.    Trade Chase Young.   Keep Montez Sweat unless they were blown away by an offer.  Extend Curl if they can.

In short, their game plan was to trade Chase.  Not trade anyone else aside from if they were blown away by an offer for Brissett but that wasn't going to happen.  Keep everyone else.  But consider trading Sweat but only if they were blown away by an offer.  Otherwise risk it with Sweat and try to work out a deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We were boxed in last year and didn't address it.  :ols: 

That's what made it so insane. 

The Eagles media typically likes Ron because Ron coached there and is a good guy.  But I was watching the Eagles pregame last weekend leading up to this game and they were making fun of Ron specific to the O line.  And were thankful that Roseman puts stock in it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's what made it so insane. 

The Eagles media typically likes Ron because Ron coached there and is a good guy.  But I was watching the Eagles pregame last weekend leading up to this game and they were making fun of Ron specific to the O line.  And were thankful that Roseman puts stock in it.

Eagles have 2 future first ballet HoFers on their line and they aren't even the best player on it. It's wild. Mailata is the highest ranked OL in the league.

That 2nd rounder we just got from the Bears in in the money spot for a Center.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I don't see a massive teardown either. That doesn't mean I see us making win now moves to mortgage the future, but we'll definitely make an effort to win in 2024. 

Howell is the obvious wildcard.

Look if they internally think Howell is just OK as far as his ceiling goes and love one of these QBs, cool then go for it.

But personally, I think if they go QB in this draft it won't be fishing in the Caleb-Drake pond.  I just think the odds are so much greater that the team picking there will take those QBs then trade those picks away.  So we'd likely be fishing in that next pool:  Nix. Penix, Daniels, McCarthy.   

If they bet on Howell, it would be silly to go long rebuild.  Part of the charm for a cheap QB is to use that window to win ala the Eagles.