Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Then again I felt the same way about Dotson last year. In the end if he plays well nobody will care I guess.

That's the one thought that is keeping me from being pissed.  I felt similar last year, probably not as disappointed as now, and Dotson was a pleasant surprise. 

1 minute ago, Destino said:

I’m never happy to see a defensive back taken in the first round.  It just runs counter to my inside out philosophy.  

Good thing you weren't around to watch the Darrell Green pick, but he ran up there so fast, most people missed it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

wish we could’ve gotten out of that pick.  Will be interesting to see the contrast with him and Gonzalez since they were taken back to back.  We’ve hit on dbs later in the draft previously and thought we’d do so this year.  Don’t like the value right now but who knows….he gives us a half dozen turnovers a season I’m cool with it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Agreed.

Would have loved him in round 2. Would have been fine if we took him after a trade down into the ~20s.

Then again I felt the same way about Dotson last year. In the end if he plays well nobody will care I guess.

He was my #5 CB and Gonzo sitting the for Belichick to swoop in on afterwards

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I trust your judgement. And it's hard to argue with his play-making abilities. I just really, really thought we should address the OL OR trade down a bit so we could justify addressing the OL with additional picks. I know we can still go OT or C at #47, but it won't feel as impactful. Maybe Anton Harrison or Bergeron falls to #47. Meh

All the good OL got taken. Maybe Anton Harrison but not sure he's really worthy of a top 20 pick either.

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I will say this @Skinsinparadise @KDawg if Forbes can put some meat on his bones he's the best CB in the draft hands down, IMO.  His anticipation is far above all the other CBs in the draft.  He's smart and plays well.  Size and pencil frame concerns me but extremely excellent and hi I.Q. CB.  

What bones? You mean toothpicks right? Opposing offenses are going to run down the throat of whatever side he plays on. Wretched pick. Period.

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

Goodnight. 

We need to keep our QB upright. He didn't get any help tonight. 

This.  Our OLine was so bad we were picking QBs based on who could run away the most effectively and running the ball like it was 2001.

What’s the point of having great wideouts if you can’t run a slow developing play?  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I dunno what to think about Forbes, I really don't know much about him.  At first glance, I don't like the fact that he's 6'0 and weighs, like, 160 some pounds.

But whatever, I guess we'll see how he does.

Well he’s a 4.3 guy for a start. He makes big plays - had 6 picks in 22 and took 3 of those to the house for TDs. 

Here is his NFL draft profile write up. 

Overview

Forbes is long, can run and has a talent for taking the ball away, which means he has a chance to become a coveted cornerback. However, his wire-thin frame does not work in his favor. Forbes’ instincts and recognition are fun to watch. He pounces on quick-game throws and has the ball skills to take the ball away. He’s highly capable in all forms of zone coverage and operates out of press-man, but is inconsistent matching the release and staying in phase with routes through sharp cuts. His slender build and lack of tackle strength will make him a target for opposing running games. Forbes could become an early starter with quality ball production, but teams might need to expect some up-and-down performances.

• Like 6

Just now, Warhead36 said:

All the good OL got taken. Maybe Anton Harrison but not sure he's really worthy of a top 20 pick either.

No no that is in a trade-down. I would have just swapped picks with anyone in the mid-20's and legit taken a 4th or 5th rounder, rather than reach on Forbes. But if this FO likes him, whatever. I just feel he's been overdrafted. of course, this is all based on draft scouts and media scouts and whatever, we know some of these guys can be studs. But I still wish we had traded down.

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I trust your judgement. And it's hard to argue with his play-making abilities. I just really, really thought we should address the OL OR trade down a bit so we could justify addressing the OL with additional picks. I know we can still go OT or C at #47, but it won't feel as impactful. Maybe Anton Harrison or Bergeron falls to #47. Meh

Now we have an issue. 47 is too far away. I think Bergeron, Dawand, Campbell, JMS, Mauch and Torrence are all off the board by then. Harrison is probably off the board soon. 

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

This gives me "the comet is about to hit the Earth but maybe it'll hard turn at the last minute nope we're ****ed" vibes

I don’t think it’s that bad. If he can survive he’ll be fun to have. The player is good. I worry about his weight. But again, I think he had some of the most impressive film of all the CBs minus Spoon and maybe Gonzo.

1 minute ago, MrJL said:

if he puts meat on his bones he may slow himself down

You kidding?  :)  Good pick.  I've watched video on him and he has incredible instincts as a CB.  Like I said hi I.Q. and I think could come out best CB in the draft.  Our new CB coach and others will make sure he eats plenty of steak and potatoes. 

• Like 4