Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

Just now, FootballZombie said:

I like the skills, and the head on his shoulders, but man...

At 166 he HAS to put on some LBs and you have to wonder if his body can take that and still be the same guy, and stay healthy on top of that playing at an unfamiliar weight...

Gamble. Big Gamble.

considering the biggest problem this team has is ALWAYS injuries drafting a guy who even  looks fragile is an extremely risky move to me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I can’t believe we passed on Murphy and Gonzo for Forbes. 

But again, Forbes tape is some of the best for the corners. I don’t think he’s on Spoon’s level. Or Gonzo’s if healthy. But… 

It’ll be okay. I think. 

It's weird cognitive dissonance for me.

Like I said on the draft thread, I get it with them digging Forbes.  This secondary doesn't turn the ball over.  And Forbes is the best ball hawk in this group.  And he is good at playing off coverage-zone which this teams play a lot of.

But while he's feisty as a run defender, he throws his whole body into those blocks which I gather he has to do because of his size.  but in the NFL I think he will be steam rolled or he'd get hurt doing it.   I wonder about him against physical WRs like Cedee Lamb and AJ Brown.

I hate the value.  But I like the player.  If they traded down and got him, I'd dig it.  But with some of the players on the board at the time, the value IMO wasn't good. But clearly they thought otherwise and hopefully they are right.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I like the skills, and the head on his shoulders, but man...

At 166 he HAS to put on some LBs and you have to wonder if his body can take that and still be the same guy, and stay healthy on top of that playing at an unfamiliar weight...

Gamble. Big Gamble.

He's not putting on some linebackers, idiot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I predict that 90% of the people ****ing and whining about Forbes (myself included) will be turned around and on the bandwagon cheering for him by the time minicamp comes around.

Just like we did with Dotson and so many other picks we initially despised. lol

We are a fickle lot and ultimately very predictable.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 7

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Darius Butler on Pat McAfee Show likes Forbes. Compares him to Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

Again I don't think he's a bad player. Just not great value taking him at 16. At around 23 or something it'd have been fine.

I guess 3 years from now if we have a DRC we won't care whether we took him at 16 or 23. Sometimes you gotta just trust the playmaking ability. In the end, Rivera and Co have drafted pretty well. Davis was raw/young and he's actually developed nicely ... Forbes has a lot of experience so he isn't Jamin Davis ... maybe he can adapt faster

DAMNIT ... see here we go .. already talking myself into it haha

• Haha 1