Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

Eagles just drafted another beast for their d-line. We have a young/raw QB behind a shaky o-line. And we draft a dude with the body of a high school freshman. I saw somewhere he's up to 180 from 166 but man wasnt seeing secondary at 16, especially not that one.

• Like 4

Just now, Est.1974 said:

I will be shocked if we sit at #47, I think we could move back up some.

Keep an eye on the late part of the 1st. I think Harrison or Dawond are targets.  We need a OT and Harrsion would be ideal in the later portion of the late 1st.  Buffalo or KC?

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Well he’s a 4.3 guy for a start. He makes big plays - had 6 picks in 22 and took 3 of those to the house for TDs. 

Here is his NFL draft profile write up. 

Overview

Forbes is long, can run and has a talent for taking the ball away, which means he has a chance to become a coveted cornerback. However, his wire-thin frame does not work in his favor. Forbes’ instincts and recognition are fun to watch. He pounces on quick-game throws and has the ball skills to take the ball away. He’s highly capable in all forms of zone coverage and operates out of press-man, but is inconsistent matching the release and staying in phase with routes through sharp cuts. His slender build and lack of tackle strength will make him a target for opposing running games. Forbes could become an early starter with quality ball production, but teams might need to expect some up-and-down performances.

That seems like a fair writeup.  From what I saw on ESPN, they made it sound like he's not afraid to step up and try to make a tackle on a RB so you gotta like the mentality but, I mean, he's still 166 pounds.  I can't see him trying to tackle someone like Derrick Henry, he's gonna get dragged.

I like the big play factor and he seems to have a nose for the ball but I'm still pretty ambivalent about this pick overall.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Looking forward to watching our new 160 lb. DB tackle the likes of DK Metcalf or AJ brown.  A supposedly great ball hawk - hopefully he doesn't have to tackle often Im worried about his health.  I don't remember when I weighed 160 lbs.

I presume the NFL east WRs are going to manhandle him in their run blocking duties.

This pick has ballhawk written all over it.  I predict he'll be playing off LOS to avoid getting ragdolled.

Edited by RandyHolt

Just now, Number 44 said:

Goes to show how far off those mock draft sites are.  I typically was drafting either Forbes or Campbell with pick 47 in mocks.  Both gone a round earlier in the real deal.

Exactly. Forbes and Campbell were ALWAYS there in the PFN simulator when I picked at #47 and sometimes later when I traded down into R2 more.

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I predict that 90% of the people ****ing and whining about Forbes (myself included) will be on the turned around and on the bandwagon cheering for him by the time minicamp comes around.

Just like we did with Dotson and so many other picks we initially despised. lol

We are a fickle lot and ultimately very predictable.

Yeah I'm basically repeating what I said this time last year. Like the player, don't like where we took him. Poor value. But a year later, nobody cares because Dotson balled out.

If Forbes is pick 6in Danny Dimes and Dak nobody will give an F. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Don’t understand the impulse to reach on a position that the draft is deep in. Seems like a talented player who need to work on his body in an NFL weight program. Is he the guy you’d expect for a HC who is do or die this season? Not at all, which makes me curious about the pick at least. But definitely feels like a reach. Much worse than Dotson last year. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

We need playmakers. Forbes is a playmaker with speed. He didn’t miss a game all year. 

I like the pick. I would’ve taken Gonzalez but I’m also an idiot. 

don’t say that. I’ve seen your posts in the movie thread, you’re no idiot. 

then again, I’ve also seen your posts in the betting thread