Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

Welcome to the 2023 NFL Draft Watch Discussion Thread.

Please keep spoilers non-existent. Some of you will be watching via other means than the traditional NFL Network/ESPN streams.

I know McAfee will have a live YouTube show and he is typically well ahead as it pertains to picks coming in. If you know a pick before it’s announced on the two main broadcasts, please refrain.

How do you know live TV pick is in? Either watch there or pay attention to the thread. The mass posts about what a horrible pick was made will be of high abundance.

The basic rule to follow us: don’t be a ****

This also separates the live talk and reactions from the more analytical posts that are made in the 2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread.

May the Commandos be with you all.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Actually I think McAfee himself is behind but because its a live stream, the people in the chat will often leak/spoil picks. Its still my go to though because its more about McAfee and the boys and their draft night shenanigans than the actual picks themselves which 90% of I don't really even care about.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Actually I think McAfee himself is behind but because its a live stream, the people in the chat will often leak/spoil picks. Its still my go to though because its more about McAfee and the boys and their draft night shenanigans than the actual picks themselves which 90% of I don't really even care about.

They’re ahead every year. I love their Schtick, too. So I watch it the next day while I’m working (shh. Don’t tell my boss). 

I like to watch the broadcasts so I know when it’s announced and I can be irrationally angry at Roger Goodell.

Just now, KDawg said:

They’re ahead every year. I love their Schtick, too. So I watch it the next day while I’m working (shh. Don’t tell my boss). 

I like to watch the broadcasts so I know when it’s announced and I can be irrationally angry at Roger Goodell.

For some reason I remember them being behind but I could be mistaken. Either way they're entertaining as hell. I can't wait to see what they come up with this year.

• Like 1

Just now, RabidFan said:

Never watched Mcafee but I can't imagine he goes to commercial during every Skins pic like the other two networks do.  Wish ESPN 2 had the Mannings on with some celebs for a change of pace from the talking heads.

That's the beauty of Pat's show: no commercials. You're not gonna get hard hitting analysis on any picks though, but its really just for sheer comic entertainment value. If you're not a regular watcher of the show though it may not be for you.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

That's the beauty of Pat's show: no commercials. You're not gonna get hard hitting analysis on any picks though, but its really just for sheer comic entertainment value. If you're not a regular watcher of the show though it may not be for you.

Fair point and no I am not.  I'm sure he's funny but the sleeveless look gives me vibes of Larry the Cable guy or Paul Sr.  Assuming he's more of a blowhard yeller like Paul Sr than a country bumpkin, correct?

Is he streaming or on a cable channel so I can pop in tonight from time to time?

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Fair point and no I am not.  I'm sure he's funny but the sleeveless look gives me vibes of Larry the Cable guy or Paul Sr.  Assuming he's more of a blowhard yeller like Paul Sr than a country bumpkin, correct?

Is he streaming or on a cable channel so I can pop in tonight from time to time?

YouTube. It’s great. Takes a show or two to get used to and to know all the characters but the whole crew is fun. I recommend watching his draft special. But you may want to do that tomorrow vs. today :ols:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

I may wet my feet on Pat after all these years.

Every excerpt I've ever seen, esp all the recent AR ones, left me thinking he's a schlump.

He comes across that way for sure. But they use a lot of dry sarcasm to show what they think of things. Little comments AJ Hawk makes. Or something Pat says, or something someone else says. And Pat will always follow with, “hey what’s your problem!?”

He is a bit of a Schlub at times. But the fun of the show starts when you pick up on the little side eye stuff.

But until that point it’s hard to watch :ols:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

To drink the Weller or not drink the Weller …

Only in moderation. Save the rest for "Sale day" celebrations. Last thing we need is both you and Jumbo getting so wasted that you're both wetting your feet

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

6 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Bought a 6 pack of 60 minute IPA just for this occasion.

Pfft. Lightweight.

I got some real Moonshine and what I think are shrooms I got from this guy I know. At least I think they are shrooms...

**** it, either way it will be a good night.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cool Hwhip said:

Pfft. Lightweight.

I got some real Moonshine and what I think are shrooms I got from this guy I know. At least I think they are shrooms...

unless they’re toadstools. Don’t **** with fungi, seriously, even experts are super cautious.

• Like 1

Other than 2020 due to covid, this will be the first Thursday night I haven't bartended in 11 years.  Super pumped to be chillin in the man cave for this one.  If it goes anything like the last 2 years, I will be shocked at the pick in the 1st, but I'm confident we are going to get someone who can make a huge impact on day one. 

Narragansett summer crushers for me!

Here is to a great night 🍻

Edited by KillBill26
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Cool Hwhip said:

Pfft. Lightweight.

So you won’t even be aware of what’s going on by our pick? 🤣

Homer Simpson Simpsons GIF