Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

I’m never happy to see a defensive back taken in the first round.  It just runs counter to my inside out philosophy.  That he’s missed meal away from starving to death does nothing to appease my concerns.  

Back to the playoffs for me.  Enjoy the draft friends.  

• Like 3

I can’t believe we passed on Murphy and Gonzo for Forbes. 

But again, Forbes tape is some of the best for the corners. I don’t think he’s on Spoon’s level. Or Gonzo’s if healthy. But… 

It’ll be okay. I think. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

I will say this @Skinsinparadise @KDawg if Forbes can put some meat on his bones he's the best CB in the draft hands down, IMO.  His anticipation is far above all the other CBs in the draft.  He's smart and plays well.  Size and pencil frame concerns me but extremely excellent and hi I.Q. CB.  

Over Gonzalez though? I would agree if gonzo was off the board. But not even close between the two. Horrid pick.

Just now, Destino said:

I’m never happy to see a defensive back taken in the first round.  It just runs counter to my inside out philosophy.  That he’s missed meal away from starving to death does nothing to appease my concerns.  

Back to the playoffs for me.  Enjoy the draft friends.  

I'm fine with taking CB early. Its a premium position in today's NFL. But a player like Forbes is not someone you take at 16 overall. Not when someone like Gonzalez was sitting right there.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I will say this @Skinsinparadise @KDawg if Forbes can put some meat on his bones he's the best CB in the draft hands down, IMO.  His anticipation is far above all the other CBs in the draft.  He's smart and plays well.  Size and pencil frame concerns me but extremely excellent and hi I.Q. CB.  

if he puts meat on his bones he may slow himself down

Just now, Warhead36 said:

The fact that we couldn't trade down means nobody seems to like Levis either. 

Yep.  He might fall into Minny hands and they might regret it if so.  I've heard from others he won't make it in the NFL.  Who knows.  Wait and see. 

Just now, KDawg said:

But again, Forbes tape is some of the best for the corners. I don’t think he’s on Spoon’s level. Or Gonzo’s if healthy. But… 

It’ll be okay. I think. 

I trust your judgement. And it's hard to argue with his play-making abilities. I just really, really thought we should address the OL OR trade down a bit so we could justify addressing the OL with additional picks. I know we can still go OT or C at #47, but it won't feel as impactful. Maybe Anton Harrison or Bergeron falls to #47. Meh

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

It’ll be okay. I think. 

This gives me "the comet is about to hit the Earth but maybe it'll hard turn at the last minute nope we're ****ed" vibes

• Haha 1

Just now, mhd24 said:

Remember how many hated the Dotson pick last year?  Forbes was going to go in the 16-24 range.  I don't have a problem with the pick.  We needed CB and no OL was left on the board.

There were 4 better cb’s available