Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Washing Dallas (Is it Draft Time Yet?)

KDawg

11 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

I confess to know nothing about how the PS process works, but if this list is current, some of these players IIRC could be serviceable and help patch up our OL.

Kellen Diesch 

Nick Ford

Obinna Eze

Justin Shaffer

Deonte Brown

Nick Martin

Didn't Nick Martin play on Sunday?

20 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I see this quite a bit.  

Sounds great in theory.  Accept this thing is going nowhere, bottom out, and draft high in what is presumably a QB rich draft.  The only dilemma is what the dilemma always is, Dan Snyder has to orchestrate the plan.  He not only would have to eat salaries for multiple years on Rivera and all the guys he brought in, he’d have to have a plan to replace everyone with someone better. 

That’s a lot of big boy moves for a guy who can’t even select the right colors to wear or have his clothes dry cleaned.

I know.  And I think a change in ownership is not only necessary for any chance at sustained improvement, but also necessary for the optics of cleaning house because Dan Snyder doesn't have the credibility to fire an organization full of people any more, even when it's dysfunctional.

I'm just taking a look beneath the level of ownership change and observing that the football organization is dysfunctional and needs to be cleaned out all over again.  We hired the wrong people and did it in the wrong order again.  A real rebuild needs to start with a true GM hire and then build from there.  And it needs to happen ASAP before the current front office digs our hole any deeper.  We've already been passed by virtually every other team that started rebuilding at the same time as us.  The stakes feel big right now because the fan base is vanishing and the rebrand has been so terrible.  I'm a die hard and I've lost my hope and am losing my interest.  I'm way more committed than a more typical bellwether fan, and if I'm on my way out the door than this team is ****ed.  So they need to make sweeping changes ASAP, starting with ownership.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I'm just taking a look beneath the level of ownership change and observing that the football organization is dysfunctional and needs to be cleaned out all over again.  We hired the wrong people and did it in the wrong order again.  A real rebuild needs to start with a true GM hire and then build from there.  And it needs to happen ASAP before the current front office digs our hole any deeper.  We've already been passed by virtually every other team that started rebuilding at the same time as us.  The stakes feel big right now because the fan base is vanishing and the rebrand has been so terrible.  I'm a die hard and I've lost my hope and am losing my interest.  I'm way more committed than a more typical bellwether fan, and if I'm on my way out the door than this team is ****ed.  So they need to make sweeping changes ASAP, starting with ownership.

The owner IMO needs to go first.  Who knows if it will ever happen though but i think there is a fighting chance.  A GM centric model which we've had in the mix of Dan's reign of terror -- means that Dan resumes the role he loves the most which is being co-GM.    

The stories come out later but Dan maneuvers with the GM in the dark and ends up making personnel moves -- and has football instincts worse than name that third grader.

Any decent coach will demand personnel control and they should because otherwise it means the idiot owners is making personnel moves.   The first go of a coach centric model was Marty but Dan let him go -- came out later because he wasn't having any fun running the team without shopping for the groceries himself

On another note, I've heard now a few times that both Leno and Cosmi are playing hurt, if so why not Lucas?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm not sold on the G-men, they only have one good win, at Tennessee which was a shocker.  But beating Baker Mayfield and then the terrible Bears is not that impressive.  

That's all I got, the Commanders are exactly who I thought they would be.  

Agreed. Without AJ Brown, the Titans are not the same team. They are one dimensional - their only proven receiving threat is Robert Woods

25 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm not sold on the G-men, they only have one good win, at Tennessee which was a shocker.  But beating Baker Mayfield and then the terrible Bears is not that impressive.  

That's all I got, the Commanders are exactly who I thought they would be.  

I think it's more how they play, not who they played.  The Giants still aren't very good.  But they dont look hapless, like their coaching staff doesnt know what they're doing.

Today Washington needs to cut Tre Turner the guard who got benched after the first quarter yesterday and let Siddiq Charles go too.  With Charles its hard for them

to admit they made a drafting mistake.  He can run block but not pass block.  On most teams you have to know how to run block AND pass block.  After letting both

of them go then scan the waiver wires for replacements or move someone off our practice squad.  Both Carolina linemen are washed up.  Another huge front office

mistake.  

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The owner IMO needs to go first.  Who knows if it will ever happen though but i think there is a fighting chance.  A GM centric model which we've had in the mix of Dan's reign of terror -- means that Dan resumes the role he loves the most which is being co-GM.    

The stories come out later but Dan maneuvers with the GM in the dark and ends up making personnel moves -- and has football instincts worse than name that third grader.

Any decent coach will demand personnel control and they should because otherwise it means the idiot owners is making personnel moves.   The first go of a coach centric model was Marty but Dan let him go -- came out later because he wasn't having any fun running the team without shopping for the groceries himself

On another note, I've heard now a few times that both Leno and Cosmi are playing hurt, if so why not Lucas?

These are the stories that are easily lost and overlooked in the middle of a horrific season.

The sacrifice, dedication and professionalism of individuals, that even though they lost the game, ultimately reveal the character of a true winner.

A toast to all the anonymous Leno's on this team whose stories we will never read or know.

Salud!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2

We should cut William Jackson today but we have no one to replace him.  Front office totally overpaid for this player and we are getting no results from him.

NOTE to RON and FRONT OFFICE- When another team does not resign a player that often means that the player is not worth signing for us as a free agent.

We cannot fix players after they leave other teams.  Wentz is another good example.  Washington thought they could fix Wentz after two other teams realized

he was toast.  Wentz cannot get out of the pocket when his pathetic offensive line falls apart in pass protection.

10 hours ago, CarlH said:

If someone else said this I haven't seen it and I apologize but I think the weirdest thing about this photo is that he's such a Jerry fan boy he didn't even stand next to his wife, just wanted to be sure he was next to Jerry. 

Really good observation. I wonder if he was embarrassed because Tanya WAS wearing our colours?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They've drafted fairly well.  Noit great but good

I just cant get this thought. I think they have done ok at building out the middle of the roster but depth is great and they havent drafted single player in the top maybe 20 of their position. Curl Dotson and St Juise have been the only ones who I would consider at least decent (Chase not including). 

Lets run down the List:

Dotson: Will be a decent to pretty good number 2 non X playing WR

Mathis: F- in every single way

Robinson: Decent to good RB hopefully. Issues here are with roster building philosophies which arent included in this argument

Butler: Will see. Likely a Jag that sticks for a couple years because thats likely what his draft slot is. Probably decent value

Howell: Likely a failure given non first round QB hit rates since 2012.

Turner: Good ceiling. Healthy and not getting a jersey right now

Paul: 7th rounder 

Holmes: End of the depth chart depth

Jamin: Looking like a bust

Cosmi: Looked alright last year with some promise but injury issues came up. Looks bad this year

St Juste: Blossoming to hopefully become a decent to solid #2. 

Brown: Bust

Bates: Decent blocking only TE. Likely wont get a second contract

Forrest: We'll see. Didnt play last year. Flashed week 1. Silent since.

Cheesman: F- You traded up for a long snapper??!?! Inexcusable.

WBK: Rotational Depth Jag

Toney: See above

Milne: At least I have a reason to watch his hot sister on Tik Tok

Chase: I previously thought the Ron rivera era hinged on him becoming elite. The knee injury is very concerning. Great year one. Disappointing year 2.

Gibson: The staff didnt trust him enough so they spent ANOTHER 3rd on a RB. A nice Gadget player they dont use in gadget ways

Charles: Bust at T. Trying to salvage as guard. Looks terrible

AGG: Out of the league

Ismael: Not on team

Hudson: FA

Curl: Looks to be the best pick of the Ron tenure. A good player with outstanding value. A top 15 Strong Safety

JSW: Rotation Depth Jag.

Looking through the list I am changing my views. The drafts are just bad. Its insane to call them decent to good

Edited by Zim489
  • Like 2

It was obvious Dallas' Coordinators were going to outcoach us before the game. I already knew Dan Quinn was going to take Scott Turner's lunch money. You could see Quinn was a step ahead of Turner throughout the game. The same goes for Kellen Moore and JDR. McCarthy is similar to Rivera where he gives a lot of control to his Coordinators. McCarthy just has much better coaches around him. That's not an excuse for Rivera, though, since he chose this staff and hasn't made a change.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TChaler70 said:

For us that have been around lets say a few years, the black uniforms in Dallas need to go! What the heck was that?

Story two, Wentz is washed, waddles around like a duck when he runs now, can make throws that TH cant make or should I say can throw it further and is taller but sure doesnt know the offense, where to go with the ball before the snap, no where the mentality, not even close on mobility. Which brings us to the next story, the biggest.

The biggest story after is the confirmation of what a colossal mistake it was to bring in Carson for Ron. You just got clobbered by a backup when the D actual played decent.

Once I witnessed Wentz over throwing a 6'6"  Thomas by 4' on a short out, it confirmed it for me that this guy is not a professional grade QB. Just because he can throw it far. I will not watch another game this year unless at the very least a QB change happens. Whats the point? We know what the current product is.

33 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

It was obvious Dallas' Coordinators were going to outcoach us before the game. I already knew Dan Quinn was going to take Scott Turner's lunch money. You could see Quinn was a step ahead of Turner throughout the game. The same goes for Kellen Moore and JDR. McCarthy is similar to Rivera where he gives a lot of control to his Coordinators. McCarthy just has much better coaches around him. That's not an excuse for Rivera, though, since he chose this staff and hasn't made a change.

Riverboat Ron keeps expecting different results every week while employing the same tactics.

I'm lost, how did Mathis turn into a totally unforgivable bust? Does he have Malcomb level injury outlook, or is it because we need to overreact and call as many picks as possible busts? I don't know enough about him to care whether he pans out or not, I just don't understand how people can be so certain about him after his one and only game.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'm lost, how did Mathis turn into a totally unforgivable bust? Does he have Malcomb level injury outlook, or is it because we need to overreact and call as many picks as possible busts? I don't know enough about him to care whether he pans out or not, I just don't understand how people can be so certain about him after his one and only game.

Who is calling him a bust?

Nevermind I see it. 

I think the situation is a bust. Letting Ionadis and the other guy go and replacing with 1 rokie was a huge mistake imo. 

Edited by CobraCommander

One could think after ALL the crap we have been through we would be numb by now. Nope. Decades of self imposed systemic abuse.

Yet Monday morning posts still mandate someone saying Dan's gotta go. And the coach OC and DC.

They do.

Ron desperate for some positives is hanging his hat on the run game. The only game he won we were pass happy.  You can pass with a crappy OL - every year teams do it but Turner HAS to stop game planning assuming his OL can consistently protect in long developing pocket pass plays. Roll the **** out! Where are the trick plays jets reverses - you watch Andy Reid near the goal line and it's just easy to see innovation is clearly lacking with Turner.  

Edited by RandyHolt

Maybe this is the wrong thread but is anyone wondering if its possible that TH made our Oline look good last year by getting the ball out quick and avoiding the rush?    

Also: I have never been more convinced this league is rigged then watching this game yesterday.  Yes we played bad but wow those refs... i just dont get how people arent calling it out.  Blatant PI's not called against them, then ticky tack PI calls on us. OMG the holding that wasnt called on Dallas oline.  But ticky tack holds called on us.  Running into the kicker???  Drive extending calls, 2 turnovers take off the board.  I swear Terry was interfered with every time they trhew him the ball except the one at the end.  Yes the one on 4th down should have been illegal contact, as Diggs wrapped his hips as Tmac ran by. Parsons on his back before the ball arrives and the most obvious one in the first quarter.  As soon as I saw that I knew what kinda of game it was going to be.  I used to think it was because of our name but now I know.... its Snyder.  We will never win with him as the owner, the league just wont allow it.  

Edited by NeverSurrender
Much more to say.

9 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

Maybe this is the wrong thread but is anyone wondering if its possible that TH made our Oline look good last year by getting the ball out quick and avoiding the rush?    

No

TH in no form or fashion got the ball out quick last year. He had one of the longest time to throw in the NFL. Oline provided him with enough time to do the dishes and mow the lawn.

Of course there are times when escapability can prolong a play and bail out a poor rep by the oline, and that even happened a couple of times a game for TH, but the vast majority of the time that is not what we saw in 2021

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 2