Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Washing Dallas (Is it Draft Time Yet?)

KDawg

WJ3 lives on the other end of the highlight reel.  $9M in dead cap hit next season to boot.  

The only positive I can say about him is he didn’t celebrate after his pass breakup in the 4th.  It was an extremely rare great play for him, and I just knew he was going to get up celebrating even though we were getting our ass whipped and he was a big part of that.  But he didn’t.  Okay, that’s the end of my list of nice things to say about him.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Zorn minus. 

Coincidently enough I think this is the worst we have looked since the Zorn years.

If you think they have been good on average the roster wouldnt be in the disarray that it is in. The personnel here is terrible. Theres one total position group that I wouldnt overhaul if I were to take over and thats WR. Every other position needs to take to base and rebuilt. 3 players on defense Im keeping. Really everyone on offense outside of the WRs as well. 

Edited by Zim489

1 minute ago, CobraCommander said:

"Almost", what silliness.

I hit on my Spanish teacher relentlessly in high school. Just because I did something about it did not mean I "almost" had relations with her. If you don't get home, you don't get home. 

I get what you are both saying.

Sweat is literally a split second or 1 yard from making a play, but never makes the play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

WJ3 lives on the other end of the highlight reel.  $9M in dead cap hit next season to boot.  

The only positive I can say about him is he didn’t celebrate after his pass breakup in the 4th.  It was an extremely rare great play for him, and I just knew he was going to get up celebrating even though we were getting our ass whipped and he was a big part of that.  But he didn’t.  Okay, that’s the end of my list of nice things to say about him.

Lol, I remember seeing that and just thinking to myself he better not celebrate. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

"Almost", what silliness.

I hit on my Spanish teacher relentlessly in high school. Just because I did something about it did not mean I "almost" had relations with her. If you don't get home, you don't get home. 

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Calling him our best almost playmaker isn't a compliment.

• Like 1

It’s hard to see it the day after a game like yesterday, on the heels of 2 bad games prior.

But I’m afraid this team is going to appear more competent, string together a few wins in the near future, before coming back to earth again.

We aren’t lucky enough to continue this trend of losing and position ourselves for a top pick in next years draft.  Brace yourselves folks.

• Like 1

Sweat isn't a bum, but he doesn't finish plays or have the techniques to maximize his athleticism right now. He is a top candidate to get coached up and put in a rotational role that allows him to get better numbers on another roster. He shouldn't command anywhere near a top tier contract in FA, but that will depend on the market and who else is available. I'd only consider resigning him for a team friendly deal.

13 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Sweat isn't a bum, but he doesn't finish plays or have the techniques to maximize his athleticism right now. He is a top candidate to get coached up and put in a rotational role that allows him to get better numbers on another roster. He shouldn't command anywhere near a top tier contract in FA, but that will depend on the market and who else is available. I'd only consider resigning him for a team friendly deal.

He'll go to a team with a good offense and coaching that'll give him more pass rush opportunities and he'll put up 10+ sacks a year for them. Look at Preston Smith when he signed with the Packers. And Sweat is a more natural athlete.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tough to forsee Rouillier would get hurt again, totally different injury.  He;s young and been durable earlier in his career and they had a lot of money tied in him.  So good with no Linderbaum who has a 55 PFF score so far for pass blocking.  I was one of the few on the draft thread who liked Dotson so I was cool with the pick.   I did prefer Lloyd.  I woiuldn't mind Jordan Davis either.  But OK with that pick especially with the trade down which landed Howell, Robinson, Cole Turner. 

They've drafted fairly well.  Noit great but good..  But doing nothing in FA and discarding depth is where the season was lost IMO.

I didn't mind the trade down and Dotson pick at all. I was really holing they would move up and grab Lloyd late in the 1st also. How did he last until the 27th selection. I felt our #1 need in FA was address the back 7 and I think they did a horrible job with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Guys like WJ3 and Fuller are total crap.  The secondary, besides St. Juste, needs a complete overhaul.  No effort whatsoever from these highly paid veterans.

When you say secondary, we sparing Curl, too, right?

Right?

Anakin-Skywalker-Padme-Memes-Have-Us-Silently-Realizing-the-Truth.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

Coincidently enough I think this is the worst we have looked since the Zorn years.

If you think they have been good on average the roster wouldnt be in the disarray that it is in. The personnel here is terrible. Theres one total position group that I wouldnt overhaul if I were to take over and thats WR. Every other position needs to take to base and rebuilt. 3 players on defense Im keeping. Really everyone on offense outside of the WRs as well. 

I've said it before, a famous scout once said you can have good personnel but if your O line is bad your team is bad.  I've always agreed with that.  I think the talent on average is average.  

But the two spots that stink are the wrong spots -- O line and QB.

Having said that the last 2 seasons have all started abysmal and they picked themselves up.  i am hoping they don't pull that off thus time because I want a high draft pick but i am not counting on them being down for the count. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s hard to see it the day after a game like yesterday, on the heels of 2 bad games prior.

But I’m afraid this team is going to appear more competent, string together a few wins in the near future, before coming back to earth again.

We aren’t lucky enough to continue this trend of losing and position ourselves for a top pick in next years draft.  Brace yourselves folks.

lol, that's what i am afraid of.

Our memories are short.  But 2020 season started off abysmal.  So did 2021.  But it ended mediocre.  It can happen again but I hope it doesn't. 

And yeah last time most thought they were finished earlier in the season too.  

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, that's what i am afraid of.

Our memories are short.  But 2020 season started off abysmal.  So did 2021.  But it ended mediocre.  It can happen again but I hope it doesn't. 

And yeah last time most thought they were finished earlier in the season too.  

Right, the only difference this season is the division is actually good.  But I can totally see them pulling off wins against teams like Tennessee, Atlanta, Chicago, maybe the Colts and Texans.  I can easily see 6-6 going into December, the paloffs thread on fire, only to flounder horrifically down the stretch and have us with our dick in the dirt and best case scenario 11th pick.  That would be very on brand and the cruel reality we know best.

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Right, the only difference this season is the division is actually good.  But I can totally see them pulling off wins against teams like Tennessee, Atlanta, Chicago, maybe the Colts and Texans.  I can easily see 6-6 going into December, the paloffs thread on fire, only to flounder horrifically down the stretch and have us with our dick in the dirt and best case scenario 11th pick.  That would be very on brand and the cruel reality we know best.

I am not sure it is, at least as to the Giants.  I've watched two of the Giants games and IMO they got lucky and aren't good.  But my point wasn't in the context of the division but in the context of the draft.

I loved hearing that one time from Portis where when asked what has plagued this organization the most (he wasn't going to say Dan) he goes they never have a high pick in a good QB draft -- other bottom type organizations have had the luck of bottoming out in the right year but not this team.  I have had this take, too so it was good to hear that I am not just a pure quirky outlier.

So while I agree Dan by a mile is the #1 problem.  The #2 IMO is this issue.  the last time we drafted high in a QB rich draft where we can grab one of the top 2 was 1994. 

in 2012 we traded the moon to move up -- but I hate trading the moon because if you fail you are screwed

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not sure it is, at least as to the Giants.  I've watched two of the Giants games and IMO they got lucky and aren't good.

I meant that we won the division at 7-9, this year we’ve got the Eagles at 4-0 who show no signs of slowing down and Dallas winning with Cooper Rush.  There are likely 2 teams in this division with double digit wins.

I agree on the Giants.  I’m sure they will come back down to earth.  They certainly aren’t the first crappy team to get off to a flukey hot start that soon fizzles when the temperature drops.

52 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

On D, 4 players have stepped up this year - Payne, Davis, St Juste, and Forrest*.  Not sure I’d re-sign Payne though, I’m on the fence.  Curl and Allen are high level players, and it remains to be seen with Young.  Obviously we keep Mathis (don’t at all see the logic in your “F” grade, but even if I did, you don’t get rid of him unless he’s got a worthless work ethic or is criming), and Butler and Holmes as well for depth competition at minimum.  I like Wise in the interior and JSW as versatile depth, but no real attachment to them.  Toney and WBK may well be JAGs, but I keep them as depth competition as well.  

I wouldn’t overhaul the backs or TEs either.  Leno is a solid enough LT, though we can do better.  Cosmi is a plus run blocker, needs to improve in pass pro or maybe better yet, get moved inside.  Need to fix the rest of the line though.

As to their drafting overall, I think it’s too early to judge the past 2 drafts much, but I’ll say that’s it’s certainly possible that they can both be pretty good at it, and have faltered/failed in roster construction.  And I think it’s fair to say they’ve gotten bad luck with injuries to Mathis, Roullier, Wise, and now Sweitzer.

* Forrest has played less than 50% of snaps the last 2 weeks, but has 8 tackles, 1 TFL and 1 nice PD in that timeframe.  Not as flashy as week 1, but not silent either.

I pretty strongly disagree with your opinion of drafting backs.  All of the best teams have drafted backs earlier than we drafted Robinson, and if your objection is to either drafting Gibson (period, or just where we did), or his usage, then I don’t see how you can ding them for admitting their mistake by drafting a suitable replacement.  Maybe that’s just me though.

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not sure it is, at least as to the Giants.  I've watched two of the Giants games and IMO they got lucky and aren't good.  But my point wasn't in the context of the division but in the context of the draft.

I loved hearing that one time from Portis where when asked what has plagued this organization the most (he wasn't going to say Dan) he goes they never have a high pick in a good QB draft -- other bottom type organizations have had the luck of bottoming out in the right year but not this team.  I have had this take, too so it was good to hear that I am not just a pure quirky outlier.

So while I agree Dan by a mile is the #1 problem.  The #2 IMO is this issue.  the last time we drafted high in a QB rich draft where we can grab one of the top 2 was 1994. 

in 2012 we traded the moon to move up -- but I hate trading the moon because if you fail you are screwed

Well we had the #2 overall pick in 2020 which looks like it might have not one, not two, not three, but four franchise QB types. And we passed on all of them(granted nobody had Jalen Hurts as a top 5 prospect, but still).

• Like 1