Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Detroit ~ It's A Hard Knocks Life

TK
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.78666b5ebe4afa84cfd716d51f3cf1fd.png

We came out flat, Detroit came to play HARD. 

Good to see Wentz keep battling, and he's getting a crash course in the offensive scheme, and trying to cope with pressure due to poor offensive line play, and porous defensive play. 

Frankly, someone really needs to figure out why Washington defensive groups aren't well coordinated -- there were so many lapses.  Is it just a linebacker thing?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

My takeaways:

We have a legit franchise QB. Wentz and Turner are a good match.

Ron's loyalty to Del Rio is already haunting us. 

Going for two was inexcusable. 

This right here!  I'm seeing post how starting Howell or tanking for a top QB.  There is nothing wrong with Wentz and Turning.  NOTHING.  The last thing this team needs is to bring another young QB into this ****show.  Fire JDR and put Ron on the hot seat.  We have the offense.  Why the **** would we start over on offense.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Jack Del Dumbass needs to go. I realize we need to get more talent at Lb, but his schemes are just plain amateur hour. Just horrific bad.

HTTR!

The LB issue is his fault too. His insistence on the buffalo nickel blocked the team from pursuing a better solution at LB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

What did wentz do wrong today?

Held the ball and ran into a couple sacks. That pick where he overthrew an open receiver when we had momentum was devastating. 

When you only have 20 yards of offense and basically 0 first downs through one half, the QB gets some of the blame.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

What a ****ty game.   Couldn't run.  Couldn't defend squat.  

Now I need the Rams to demolish the Falcons.

No kidding. Misery loves company so we are here for each other. Now I just need to see Dallas get wrecked.  NFL loves parity and expect all teams to be 1-1 before the days over.

Detroit game planned very well with quick passes and our line never got pressure on Goff. We were all sorts of out of sync in the first half. This is a game that would have been nice to have BRob as Scott was trying to rush the ball to neutralize the rush. He should have opened it up earlier in the first half. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

We came out flat, Detroit came to play HARD. 

Good to see Wentz keep battling, and he's getting a crash course in the offensive scheme, and trying to cope with pressure due to poor offensive line play, and porous defensive play. 

Frankly, someone really needs to figure out why Washington defensive groups aren't well coordinated -- there were so many lapses.  Is it just a linebacker thing?

Referring to coming out flat (which I agree wholeheartedly with), but why? Why can't Ron get our team fired up and ready to play like Campbell obviously had his Lions ready to play. They came out and beat us like a rented mule.

Riverboat is standing on the sideline like a Zorn medium statue. No fire, no emotion. Just there like a damned tree.

I'm not a Ron hater, but he's definitely wearing his welcome thin with me. And Del Rio should be left in Detroit.

HTTR!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Riverboat is standing on the sideline like a Zorn medium statue. No fire, no emotion. Just there like a damned tree.

I'm not a Ron hater, but he's definitely wearing his welcome thin with me. And Del Rio should be left in Detroit.

Every week

He has no Gameday responsibility. Just stands there and watches stuff happen.

He had an excuse in yr 1 where he could barely be there physically, but it just carried over into subsequent seasons.

If there was ever a time for coach to yell at somebody...

• Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, method man said:

Del Rio isn’t it. An issue is that this defensive staff is devoid of anyone with coordinating experience. Another miss by Rivera not to bring someone like a Wilks in who could’ve been a “senior defensive assistant” and stepped in for Jack

RR's support and loyalty to that man is so dumbfounding. it's like the good ol' boy club for an over-the-hill friend. and both of those descriptor's suck. **** your history, can you do your job well or not. I think both are outdated by today's standards of the game in terms of scheming and x and o's and the game has passed them by. It shows in how they use players and not putting them in positions to win or play to their strengths. or creative defensive looks. it screams "my way and we're sticking to it. until im getting thumped". Someone said RR is a great leader of men and someone who can build a culture. But when it comes to the work on the field, the innovation, creativity and new processes, that seems to be non-existent. I think this is a sunken season. We'll be better than last year, but with those two here (especially JDR), i feel they hold us back. ST isnt a boy-wonder either, but at least he shown some creativity as he did in that 2nd half getting us back in the game. that 1st half is also why he isnt trust-worthy. But at least you can bank on his adjustments and really utilize his weapons once he wakes the **** up.

TLDR; i want new blood in 2 of those top 3 HC/coordinator positions.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

🤞🏻 Please be sarcasm please be sarcasm🤞🏻 

im 99% sure it is, buuuuut it’s the internet so……….

Yep, it was. This team has sucked for most of the past two decades. There's a reason for the media to not believe in us. When we consistently put good, well coached teams on the field and win 10+ games for a few seasons, if they still don't believe in us at that point, then we can talk media bias.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

Our team came out flat. We just need to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future. Defensively and offensively, we were trash.

I’m not sure how our defense has so many miscues. We must have the most ignorant players or the most ignorant coaches. Maybe it’s both…..

Cheers my fellow fans, this drink is for y’all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1