Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Detroit ~ It's A Hard Knocks Life

TK
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.78666b5ebe4afa84cfd716d51f3cf1fd.png

10 minutes ago, TK said:

image.png.ae8a89e2d3e7bb3df35523a5ed1d6ac6.png

So Mr. Potoa'e head is down.  That's somewhat interesting.  They signed him to the practice squad, then elevated him to the main roster for this game, then inactivated him.  

What that tells me is they activated him in case when they worked out Jon Allen pregame, they didn't think he could go, and they needed another body.  But Jon Allen was ok, and so they don't need to keep him active.

Both Cris Paul and Wes Schewitzer being down leaves us REALLY REALLY thin at Guard.  Norwell, Turner and then Charles.  And I'm not sure who the backup center is.  

That makes me shiver in my boots. I am surprised they didn't keep Paul up somehow.

• Like 1

Let's poke our head into the lion's den and see what they're saying about us on their message board.

I'm hyped for the game, but also super nervous.

There are no moral victories in a loss to the Commanders. They need to win. I love MCDC and the guy can get guys to run through a wall. At the end of the day we need to start producing wins. If the Lions lose, I'm not out on MCDC, but I'll start having questions in the back of my mind if he is the guy.

Look, the injuries suck. But if we are a decent team this year, we win today in spite of it.

They have great receivers but a suspect line, we can get some pressure and rattle Wentz.

The interior of the OL is gone but our excellent tackles are still healthy, as are the WR. WAS has a very bad secondary. If Goff is a good starting QB (and I believe he is), he will cut them to pieces.

With the interior of the line gone we are going to have to rely on the passing game on offense.

With Amani gone we are going to have to rely on a pass rush on defense.

I believe the Lions are going to win because I believe Goff and our receivers will cut the Commanders to ribbons.

Guy1: What happens if lions lose another close game to **** team at home and they start 0-2 at home ??

Guy2: The end of your sentence answers the beginning

Early in this week I was pretty confident we’d win this game easily but now I don’t have much hope. Went from being fully healthy at the end of preseason to dismantled after week one. This teams luck is something else

Why the **** are there so many injuries… whatever just please find a way to win, I need this please at least let me have just this

Guy1: Lets not get too ****y. I have a good feeling that we will win this game, but Commanders put up a good performance last week. Lets hope that we win this, and put up a greater performance than they do! If we can put up 35 points against the Eagles, we can put up 49 points against these losers.

Guy2: Let’s not get too ****y. Calls our opponents losers. Lmao

Guy3:They’re losers. I think losers can spot out other losers hmm

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So Mr. Potoa'e head is down.  That's somewhat interesting.  They signed him to the practice squad, then elevated him to the main roster for this game, then inactivated him.  

What that tells me is they activated him in case when they worked out Jon Allen pregame, they didn't think he could go, and they needed another body.  But Jon Allen was ok, and so they don't need to keep him active.

Both Cris Paul and Wes Schewitzer being down leaves us REALLY REALLY thin at Guard.  Norwell, Turner and then Charles.  And I'm not sure who the backup center is.  

That makes me shiver in my boots. I am surprised they didn't keep Paul up somehow.

Mr Potatohead isn’t playing? ****